• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm considering pre-purchasing Space Hulk with my :weed: money. The only other two games on the horizon I'll be pre-ordering are The Bureau and Rome 2.

Salsa

ib1WOn9dFRRGBI.PNG

cool guy club

Grief.exe

Thanks, I'll probably grab one and a pair of headphones next month. Any recommendations for the latter within a reasonable(ie, under 4/500) price range? Also a bit worried about the Astro base supporting the next gen consoles but I suppose we will see. No real reason it wouldn't I guess.

Bummed I'm going to be stuck to TV speaker audio for the next few weeks :/

DT900
AKG Q701
Sennheiser HD 598/600/650

You will probably want a sound card as well to convert the audio from digital to analog and for an extra amp.

You are going to be in audio heaven.

The intro screens and resolution were bothering me in Spelunky so I tried some things... you can change the res in the cfg of the data folder in steamapps for the game and it works at 2560x1440 at least. As for the intro screens and animations, I think you might have to manually unpack the .wad files and change some values... still trying. Hope that helps somebody. The cool part is it's pretty moddable.

JaseC

I'm interested in Space Hulk but the screenshots on steam are the worst. Can't even tell what's in them.

I'm not even sure what it's about: I just want the pre-purchase DLC. :p For the same reason I was eyeing Blacklist and Worms Clan Wars, but in the case of the former the content is included in the DDE by default and as far as the latter is concerned T17 has in the past released pre-purchase DLC separately some months after release.

Grief.exe

What kind of performance jump can I expect going from the jack on my mobo to a dedicated sound card?

Pretty substantial.

Keep in mind the greatest jump will be from your output, IE your headphones.

If you have a sound card, but are pumping the audio through some Trittons, Siberias, or G35's you are probably not going to here the greatest difference.

Now if you are pumping the audio through some AD700's or the headphones I just listed, you are going to here the audio much more clearly.

Turfster

I'm not even sure what it's about: I just want the pre-purchase DLC. :p For the same reason I was eyeing Blacklist and Worms Clan Wars, but in the case of the former the content is included in the DDE by default and as far as the latter is concerned T17 has in the past released pre-purchase DLC separately some months after release.

SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK

Ahem.

Space hulk is basically uh... Warhammer 40K space marines boarding derelict spaceships infested with genestealers (think Alien aliens) and orcs.

It's great. Or at least the old game and the board game are.
The new game looks like it's shaping up pretty well, tho.

Card Boy

Banned
I will do this once and once only in this thread thread. Can someone PM me a reputable seller for keys? I'm looking at a forum mainiel99 gave me and i'm not sure i can trust people on there.

DT900
AKG Q701
Sennheiser HD 598/600/650

You will probably want a sound card as well to convert the audio from digital to analog and for an extra amp.

You are going to be in audio heaven.

Thanks, all very exciting. I've always known I've been missing out in terms of audio quality potential but I've tried to put it off and hide that. No longer will I do so :p Looking into the headphones listed now.

As for the soundcard, you just mean one of those Creative Soundblaster ones or is there a more specific one recommended?

Heh. I'm tempted to grab Clan Wars as I skipped on the latest one due to waiting for the Vita version. The weapon selection and everything else seems to have finally been bumped past Armageddon levels so I'm excited to see how it turns out. Worms really is just a perfect formula, although Team 17 could stand to be a bit more creative.

Salsa

Gotta second that. Dunder never pimped his wares here until people started dropping his name all the time. These wannabes need to keep that shit in the B/S/T thread.

I think the 'black market' just stay black for a reason. Not like I have a say on what happens in the thread, and I get that we all wanna let everyone know the cheaper deals, but im kinda tired of putting that out there constantly lately and talking about keys and refs and shit everytime a new game shows up and people cursing when they miss saving 2 bucks on pacman or something

just my two refs

JaseC

I will do this once and once only in this thread thread. Can someone PM me a reputable seller for keys? I'm looking at a forum mainiel99 gave me and i'm not sure i can trust people on there.

Steam Trades has a clear feedback system that you can refer to when searching for trades. For example, searching for Space Hulk brings up this result:

[H] Rayman Legends,Spelunky,Space Hulk,RomeII,Castlevania,King Of Fighters 13,RU Steam [W] tf2 keys

117 Comments - Created by jojodump (+381/-0) 2 weeks ago

The +381/-0 here means that the trader has received 381 positive comments and zero negative comments.

I think the 'black market' just stay black for a reason. Not like I have a say on what happens in the thread, and I get that we all wanna let everyone know the cheaper deals, but im kinda tired of putting that out there constantly lately and talking about keys and refs and shit everytime a new game shows up and people cursing when they miss saving 2 bucks on pacman or something

just my two refs

two refs is only like 1/3 of a key yo.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Now if you are pumping the audio through some AD700's or the headphones I just listed, you are going to here the audio much more clearly.

Yeah, I'm using the 80 ohms DT770. I use it amp when I use it on the PS3, but nothing on my PC. I think the next thing I'll invest in is a sound card. Any suggestions?

JaseC

Heh. I'm tempted to grab Clan Wars as I skipped on the latest one due to waiting for the Vita version. The weapon selection and everything else seems to have finally been bumped past Armageddon levels so I'm excited to see how it turns out. Worms really is just a perfect formula, although Team 17 could stand to be a bit more creative.

At this point I don't think T17 has it in them to create a Worms game that compares favourably to the likes of Armageddon and so all I want to see now is a re-release of Worms 2.

maneil99

If you want to verify if they are a scammer try steamrep.com, for the most part everyone there is a repped seller, ask them to show you their rep.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking Assassin's Creed 2 so far. I'm afraid it may become repetitive if it's too long, but for now it's been entertaining. Hopefully it won't overstay its welcome.

That said, no way I'm bothering with all the side stuff. In fact, I haven't done anything non-story related yet.

Gotta second that. Dunder never pimped his wares here until people started dropping his name all the time. These wannabes need to keep that shit in the B/S/T thread.
I've been saying that for days now. This will hopefully be my last post regarding the matter in this thread. From now on I'll do my best to ignore that kind of discussion here. By the way, if anyone wants to buy Bad Rats, I'm selling it for 12 keys and 16 refs.

I jest, I jest.

I haven't kept up to date with them too much, but this one is great:
I think I have that same sound card! Or at least the empty box :p

I'd check it, but don't feel like turning on the light in my room right now.

Turfster

Yeah, I'm using the 80 ohms DT770. I use it amp when I use it on the PS3, but nothing on my PC. I think the next thing I'll invest in is a sound card. Any suggestions?

I've got an older ASUS Xonar, and I've been pretty happy with it for... quite a few years. (there were some teething driver problems back then, but those are pretty much all solved now)

People still use sound cards? lol

Some of us prefer decent 7.1 DTS on a separate I/O band.

maneil99

Last post trading related, best site I know of to get TF2 keys below market prices is this, just do a quick background search with steamrep or get me or another middleman to help. If you were to buy a game from my site or another site that values keys at 2$ you could save 40-50% off our prices

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I've got an older ASUS Xonar, and I've been pretty happy with it for... quite a few years. (there were some teething driver problems back then, but those are pretty much all solved now)

Searching for "best sound card" has left me completely confused and lost. I don't think I feel like investing more than $100 in a sound card, but aside from that I have no idea what I need to be looking at.

Do I need to get a card, or can I use something like this?

I'm liking Assassin's Creed 2 so far. I'm afraid it may become repetitive if it's too long, but for now it's been entertaining. Hopefully it won't overstay its welcome.

It drags on for way too long, but you kind of keep playing it till the end and rather enjoy it. Then you never want to touch another AC game again in your life ever. At least that was my experience ;)

Amagon

Big, BIG motherfucking shout out to Lain for giving me the hookup for KOFXIII. You are one big, beautiful man I would go gay for, lol.

Searching for "best sound card" has left me completely confused and lost. I don't think I feel like investing more than $100 in a sound card, but aside from that I have no idea what I need to be looking at.

I always just check out or ask at the build a PC thread. It probably depends on your motherboard and expansion slots?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246

hitmon

That said, no way I'm bothering with all the side stuff. In fact, I haven't done anything non-story related yet.

I've been saying that for days now. This will hopefully be my last post regarding the matter in this thread. From now on I'll do my best to ignore that kind of discussion here. By the way, if anyone wants to buy Bad Rats, I'm selling it for 12 keys and 16 refs.

I jest, I jest.

I think I have that same sound card! Or at least the empty box :p

I'd check it, but don't feel like turning on the light in my room right now.

Assassin's Creed 2 was the only one in the series I finished. I've only played the 3 mainline ones.

Turfster

Yeah, I'd say you need a separate card PCI(E) card.
That looks like some sort of equalizer thingy.
Staying below 100$ is going to be interesting.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It shouldn't take too long if you stick purely to the story. Maybe 15-18 hours. If you pace it out to doing maybe a memory sequence a day it should go very smoothly.

maneil99

My computer, imagine I can grab any soundcard? As Jbourne said though just a bit confused as to what to get.

Edit: Will ask in the pc thread.

Curious, whats with the blu ray burner? Do you use it? I was thinking of getting one but they are so expensive and blu rays cost so much I decided I would be better buying the few movies I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom