• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
If I were buying 40 copies in bulk I'd be happy to charge less Until then I can only get these prices :D
Is your supplier getting them from the 4 packs? The price is much cheaper from those (about $5.30 each in a Russian store pack). For $11 I could spend a quarter more and get in on a 4 pack without a middle man.
No offense. I'm sure dealing with everyone is a pain in the ass.

Caerith

I think the 'black market' just stay black for a reason. Not like I have a say on what happens in the thread, and I get that we all wanna let everyone know the cheaper deals, but im kinda tired of putting that out there constantly lately and talking about keys and refs and shit everytime a new game shows up and people cursing when they miss saving 2 bucks on pacman or something

just my two refs
Seriously, the tantrums a few pages ago were embarrassing.

maneil99

Is your supplier getting them from the 4 packs? The price is much cheaper from those (about $5.30 each in a Russian store pack). For $11 I could spend a quarter more and get in on a 4 pack without a middle man.
No offense. I'm sure dealing with everyone is a pain in the ass.

Good point, he normally goes on a game to game basis, might see if I can get him to buy a 4 pack, depends if anyone else is buying skullgirls, if I only have a few people its not worth it. Also won't he be stuck with a copy?

Get an i7 instead of the i5 if you can.

I built this last October, far too late for that :p

Curious, whats with the blu ray burner? Do you use it? I was thinking of getting one but they are so expensive and blu rays cost so much I decided I would be better buying the few movies I want
I sometimes back up various files and music to blu-rays for safekeeping. 50 GBs is a decent chunk of storage for the price. I tend to actually view the blu-ray films I purchase either on my PS3 or Oppo if region B. PC blu-ray playing software is alright but I don't like to pay for Powerdvd. Ripping blu-rays with makemv does have a drop in quality as well, need to find better software. Burners/writers are very specific in their usage, most are fine just getting a blu-ray reader.

I'm using the same GPU, processor, PSU, amount of Corsair ram, and a very similar mobo. Neat.
Stalker! I'm considering getting another stick of ram just in case, with some games I do get a bit closer to 100% usage than I'd like.

I built this last October, far too late for that :p

I sometimes back up various files and music to blu-rays for safekeeping. 50 GBs is a decent chunk of storage for the price.

Well, it's ok, your i5 is one of the nicer ones, i7 would be better, but your i5 will be good enough for a while.

maneil99

Well, it's ok, your i5 is one of the nicer ones, i7 would be better, but your i5 will be good enough for a while.

I'd recommend anyone thinking of an intel based PC to wait until september. Ivy Bridge E will be released and the 4820k is going to be cheaper then a 3770k/4770k and will use Sandy Bridges solder vs Ivy Bridge/Haswell's TIM which caused higher temps. You won't ge sandy bridge temps due to the chip being smaller but it will be closer rather then further

Caerith

Has the News page on Steam just stopped being updated? I don't recall seeing the dailies show up in my RSS, and checking it still shows the most recent daily being from 8/10...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Toki Tori -- MB-39F24E4F8469B82A - Taken by Lain
Eufloria -- MB-7AF194E757FCC965 - Taken by denx
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-3E1CF872EEF7E04D
World of Goo -- MB-C6B912A88B2E8865 - Taken by Spazo
Superbrothers -- MB-750C383516CF7C15 - Taken by Khronico

Have at it! More where this came from tomorrow.

Sober

It shouldn't take too long if you stick purely to the story. Maybe 15-18 hours. If you pace it out to doing maybe a memory sequence a day it should go very smoothly.
I hate how they gave you the DLC sequences but pretty much make you play it in order so it kinda ruins the pacing.

Has the News page on Steam just stopped being updated? I don't recall seeing the dailies show up in my RSS, and checking it still shows the most recent daily being from 8/10...

Something went down today so I bet there will be a huge rush of new items all at once or something. Also I am pretty sure I saw it yesterday or today in mine.

Have at it! More where this came from tomorrow.

Thanks, entered for Toki Tori!

Grief.exe

Yeah, I'd say you need a separate card PCI(E) card.
That looks like some sort of equalizer thingy.
Staying below 100$ is going to be interesting.

Staying below $100 for sound card is quite easy actually.

A DAC is a DAC, you don't typically see higher quality audio out of a more expensive one. You are typically paying for features.

Grab an Asus for around $25-$50.

man my first time out and i already fucked it up

apologies in advance to whoever wins superbrothers for the obvious evidence of my inability to read and follow directions that will be contained within

Grief.exe

My computer, imagine I can grab any soundcard? As Jbourne said though just a bit confused as to what to get.

Edit: Will ask in the pc thread.

You better grab another stick of ram, you want to be dual chanel for your processor. The reason you are seeing 100% usage is not because you are running out of RAM, it is because you are hitting bottlenecks imposed by your processor and motherboard.

Who told you to grab only one stick?

You better grab another stick of ram, you want to be dual chanel for your processor. The reason you are seeing 100% usage is not because you are running out of RAM, it is because you are hitting bottlenecks imposed by your processor and motherboard.

Who told you to grab only one stick?

No one did, I just only bought one stick when I built the computer last year. Was trying to save some money and figured it could wait.

And I don't know, I meant rarely. I'm talking about when I alt tab out of Crysis 3 and start browsing the web while listening to a song. I've never actually hit 100%, when I said closer than I'd like I meant like 80ish percent. I of course close those things before hopping back into the game. Don't know how much Ram Crysis and other games of its ilk which recommend 8 GBs actually use in-game, haven't bothered looking at graphs. Of course when you alt tab out you aren't using as much as it does when in-game.

Just finished watching Breaking Bad.

Was thinking "man, Steam really needs to get in on this".

Honestly, it's mind-boggling that Valve didn't do it three years ago.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

A DAC is a DAC, you don't typically see higher quality audio out of a more expensive one. You are typically paying for features.

I have both an Asus sound card and a DAC in my Amazon cart. Can't decide which one I want to go with.

The main thing I want is proper surround sound. I was playing Far Cry 3 last night and had a lot of trouble telling where various growls were coming from. Getting bitten by dogs over and over is frustrating.

Turfster

True. I was just glancing at amazon prices and they were all 100$+
I'm pretty sure I paid less back then. Not much less, but still...

Darkroronoa

Groupees will add SATAZIUS as a bonus after 14000 (13080 currently)bundles are sold,its promised that it will come with a steam key.So if you bought a bundle there dont forget to check it later.

Looks so old school :O

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sweet, I've had my eye on that for a while. I'll put it in my old school category to play with my arcade stick.

Speaking of bundles, it looks like my guncraft key appeared (no notification, had to manually go to my groupees page). So here it is:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Guncraft -- MB-A1D002D80043A25A - Taken by ricochetguro

Lain

Enjoy everybody! Winners, let me know how you like it if you get a chance to try stuff out.

Played some of Toki Tori, finished the Forest and it's an interesting puzzle game. I like the rewind ability, makes concentrating on the solution to the level more focused.

Grief.exe

I have both an Asus sound card and a DAC in my Amazon cart. Can't decide which one I want to go with.

The main thing I want is proper surround sound. I was playing Far Cry 3 last night and had a lot of trouble telling where various growls were coming from. Getting bitten by dogs over and over is frustrating.

Asus sound card and a DAC are essentially the same thing. You might know that, just clarifying.

You will get good sound sound from the Asus Sound Card.

I haven't played Far Cry 3, but it could be the game causing the issue. I know with Bioshock Infinite, sounds were just 2 channel.
Sorround Sound was useless in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom