• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Getting a 360 in the first year broke me of that habit after about the 3rd or 4th year with it

I only get this bug when I'm close to all achievements, like lookie! I have only 2 left, and then - unreasonable time spent on doing what I don't want to do. So it's not like habit, but it still gets me sometimes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only get this bug when I'm close to all achievements, like lookie! I have only 2 left, and then - unreasonable time spent on doing what I don't want to do. So it's not like habit, but it still gets me sometimes.

Last game I did it in was Far Cry Blood Dragon because it wasn't completely ridiculous, and I needed an excuse to listen to that soundtrack. Plus I loved the VHS premises.

Xanathus

I've had Hard Reset on my backlog for years and have made 2 attempts to clear it but it's just so goddamn boring. The enemies are bullet sponges and it's too mindless, similar to Serious Sam or Doom. I know it's meant to be that way but that's not my cup of tea.

DOA

fuck it I can buy this ASUS combo for 25 bucks locally

ASUS_EEE_Combo2.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823193001

only $100

logitech-all-in-one-keyboardtk820.jpg

Nabs

I've had Hard Reset on my backlog for years and have made 2 attempts to clear it but it's just so goddamn boring. The enemies are bullet sponges and it's too mindless, similar to Serious Sam or Doom. I know it's meant to be that way but that's not my cup of tea.

why are you using bullets

Salsa

Steam Announcements and Updates V - Look pussy..

could totally work, since we are clearly talking about a cat

grief doesnt have the balls tho

oipic

I missed Dunder's again...
Bye
Spelunky
Guaca
And well even Van Helsing

Same, same, my friend - was busy a'working during the mini-revival - one last hurrah of Dunder generosity and all that, was good times, even reading back over it now. Dunder! <3

Still, we have the whole gamut of end-of-year sales (that will be upon us before we know it) to look forward to now, right?

wilflare

Same, same, my friend - was busy a'working during the mini-revival - one last hurrah of Dunder generosity and all that, was good times, even reading back over it now. Dunder! <3

Still, we have the whole gamut of end-of-year sales (that will be upon us before we know it) to look forward to now, right?

I was in school. and I'm really not feeling the new semester. It's only Day Two and I feel totally drained

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How? VPN? What address did you use?

I didn't need to resort to any tricks: I just entered my e-mail address and card details (including billing address).

Edit:
Maybe it works for you because your credit card uses $ too?

I wouldn't think so. AUD and USD are still distinct currencies, after all. Maybe my order was accepted since there's no AU-specific store.

derExperte

I wouldn't think so. AUD and USD are still distinct currencies, after all. Maybe my order was accepted since there's no AU-specific store.

That's probably it. Or the payment system isn't smart enough to distinguish between different $ currencys and so doesn't care.

Really surprised to see Payday 2 doing so well. I don't recall the first game making a huge splash.

P1 managed to built up a loyal fanbase and in contrast to other smaller multiplayer titles there were always people playing. It really was a sleeper hit, partly thanks to Overkill being awesome and supporting the game from beginning to end. Good to see the series finally gets the recognition it deserves.

Got my Guncraft key from groupees and low and behold there was a steam key for Nikpol I'd somehow completely missed from 19 months ago also waiting for me!

I have some freebie coupons if any one wants them:

2 x 90% of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter. (One expires tomorrow and the other 2 weeks or so from now.)
90% Serious Sam 3: BFE
50% off Portal 2
75% off Portal 2
50% off Gmod

Just contact be via steam or pm and they are yours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's probably it. Or the payment system isn't smart enough to distinguish between different $ currencys and so doesn't care.

I've also purchased items from Gamesplanet UK in the past, but the Maniaplanet sub-site may use its own checkout system.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
@Salsashark - Why kind of AOC monitor is that? I own a very nice IPS one and it's probably the best one I've had. Nice socks.

Salsa

@Salsashark - Why kind of AOC monitor is that? I own a very nice IPS one and it's probably the best one I've had. Nice socks.

a shitty one. I still havent replaced my 23 inch so im just using this 26' one real close. I use it for big picture since I have a stand with wheels that I just bring up close when im on couch/bed

but yeah I need a new monitor, this bezel is damn huge

Over your Payday 2 installation apparently likely being corrupt?

oh shit what's up with that? good eye

and I meant the mate

edit: oh, the corrupt thing just says "cant start the game? then your instalation is likely corrupt" as an announcement thingie

Salsa

Your pin-up board is looking a little empty. It needs some Saoirse Ronan film posters.

RAGE and Um Jammer Lammy, so I clearly only put good stuff there, no scorsese romulan

also the RAGE thing is an E3 promo thing that a master ninja sent me with the comic book and some other swagger since im like the one guy on GAF who totally loves RAGE, shoutout!

Aw, spent a 10er in an F2P game but didn't get card drop credit. Considering how much some of those cards sell for it would have made me most of my cash investment back too.

:(

More adventures playing on the red team in Chivalry, now with customisation.

I run into battle and valiantly slay one of the opposing blue force.

Team mate> WTF Toddhunter!

Vote to kick me starts.

Me> Mate you are wearing fucking blue

Kicked from server.

Customisation and success on steam? Good. Letting you wear the same colours as the other team in a game that is already mostly a clusterfuck (albeit a fun one)? Jury is still out.

More adventures playing on the red team in Chivalry, now with customisation.

I run into battle and valiantly slay one of the opposing blue force.

Team mate> WTF Toddhunter!

Vote to kick me starts.

Me> Mate you are wearing fucking blue

Kicked from server.

Customisation and success of steam? Good. Letting you wear the same colours as the other team in a game that is already mostly a clusterfuck (albeit a fun one)? Jury is still out.

This reminds me that I need to play this game.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I admit the hype for 2 surprised me given how negative my experience was with the first game on console.

Really good to see a developer turn a game around and make something of it, especially with a multiplayer focus. I'll be keeping an eye on it from here.

The beta was really good, it is miles better than the first game, and I just played the beta.

Salsa

payday 1 definetly seemed like a test run, some of the features on payday 2 are like no brainers

like actually using the money you steal to buy your upgrades. How was that not a thing on the first one

Payday 2 is so far the real thing, like the proper realization of what they wanted to do but couldnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom