• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

This reminds me that I need to play this game.

Likewise, but todd's tales of woe with Chivalry also send me running for the hills in fear of being a very unpopular uber-noob or something.

Will pluck up the courage to play it one day, if maybe some like-minded (and patient and very understanding) GAFfers want to get together for a game.

Knurek

tumblr_mpjkuyeE5i1rmyfvko1_250.gif

Note to thread: Good idea for JaseC birthday present - megapicture of Sairose where each pixel is a small Saoirse picture (similar to the Seal one done from user avatars).

Shane

Likewise, but todd's tales of woe with Chivalry also send me running for the hills in fear of being a very unpopular uber-noob or something.

Will pluck up the courage to play it one day, if maybe some like-minded (and patient and very understanding) GAFfers want to get together for a game.

I found Chivalry to be inviting to newcomers. I had no issues and am always up for some multiplayer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LOL please tell me you sold that item. That could fund your air fare. Great thinking. It's all lining up!

I made $19 from it! I reduced the price as I wanted the money in time to get Payday 2's CCE (it was only available during the pre-purchase period), but of course I forgot about the Wallet funds and later bought the game through Dunder instead.

Note to thread: Good idea for JaseC birthday present - megapicture of Sairose where each pixel is a small Saoirse picture (similar to the Seal one done from user avatars).

*faints*

derExperte

I admit the hype for 2 surprised me given how negative my experience was with the first game on console.

Despite what some people say Payday 1 already is an awesome game on PC and that's the reason it got a fantastic fanbase that helped to hype up the second part which improves a lot but is still mostly the same but more. Also while August has many great titles P2 is the lone king this week. Perfect storm.

like actually using the money you steal to buy your upgrades. How was that not a thing on the first one

Technically you did, you got upgrades based on the money you earned. But yeah, the system is of course more refined now.

Don't let that put you off because it really is fun. I find the kickings more funny than anything else. It is like I'm the black knight.

But don't wear black with the new colours... Because it looks blue and will cause all sorts of chaos.

Freezard

Hmm, got a 90% discount on Serious Sam 3, is it worth €4?

Well you could get SS3 plus all the other SS games for $3-4 on a bundle earlier. But I would say it's worth it for 4€ anyway, bought it for 10-15€ when new.

I would be hyped about PAYDAY 2 but the whole bank robbery theme with realistic weapons and stuff doesn't appeal to me. I got PAYDAY 1 on the sale anyway cause I love the L4D games so I'm always up for some co-op, even though there are no zombies :[

garath

In case anyone is wondering Hammerwatch is basically an old school gauntlet with some RPG-lite aspects.

Should be real fun co-op. It's not bad solo.

Grief.exe

The great thing about Chivalry is its easy for anyone to pick up, but the combat is super deep.

So anyone can jump in and have fun, but it takes awhile to master.

Salsa

In case anyone is wondering Hammerwatch is basically an old school gauntlet with some RPG-lite aspects.

Should be real fun co-op. It's not bad solo.

im waiting for a bud to come over to play it, since it does look much more suited for some local co-op hijinks

Copons

Speaking of Chivalry, yesterday it downloaded a 1.2 GB update. Anyone knows what changed?

EDIT: also, I never understood where the heck on Steam I can find changelogs and such. I'm always very interested in update informations, but hey, it's hard as hell to find them (or maybe they don't exist at all..).

Salsa

EDIT: also, I never understood where the heck on Steam I can find changelogs and such. I'm always very interested in update informations, but hey, it's hard as hell to find them (or maybe they don't exist at all..).

stuff steam needs to change #2345: make changelogs viewable by hovering over the download

the steam client could be so fucking amazing man, its a bummer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Switch to Detail View and click "News" on the right-hand-side menu (if you're seeing a lot of external articles, you can apply a product updates filter); alternatively, you can check the announcements section of the game's Community Hub. Valve doesn't require developers to release patch notes, though, so not every update will have an accompanying changelog.

Copons

Details here, my friend.

Much obliged!

I hope colors customization only applies to free for all, because I already have big big big problems mixing up people (like when I'm blue, and a blue fellow is covered in blood and I charge him and then team is angry and calls me n00b and such and I feel sad and sorry and everybody start crying for all the emotions flying above the arena, or something like that.

stuff steam needs to change #2345: make changelogs viewable by hovering over the download

the steam client could be so fucking amazing man, its a bummer

I actually already knew of News page, as JaseC and derExperte were saying, but is usually cluttered by useless stuff (and of course, browsing in the client is always super clunky).
Anyway, a pure changelog would be amazing, and I suppose dev teams already have it for interal development purpouses, so what the hell, just copy and paste it somewhere!

Salsa

Looks like you still end up killing 600 cops each time a heist goes even slightly wrong just like in the original. I think I'll pass.

it's a tad better about that, but it can definetly pull you out of the whole experience a bit when they sometimes spam cops as if they were left 4 dead zombies

again, it's much better about that stuff tho. Only once during the beta did I find myself back to a door and suddenly 10 cops spawned outside it out of the blue. Game's way more polished and even lets you try to go stealth and do the whole heist without being detected, wich is fun

and cops storm in waves, so you got room to breath, its not like "oh I fucked up now there's a thousand cops and im dead"

FloatOn

I played the Payday 2 beta yesterday afternoon and it ran like shit on my computer. What's the chances of the actual game running better?

I went back and compared it to Payday 1 and that one doesn't run that much better either. Do these games run on some weird engine that hates AMD or something?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I played the Payday 2 beta yesterday afternoon and it ran like shit on my computer. What's the chances of the actual game running better?

I went back and compared it to Payday 1 and that one doesn't run that much better either. Do these games run on some weird engine that hates AMD or something?

The Payday 2 forum has some fixes posted, some specifically for AMD users. Unfortunately no way to know if it'll help you until you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom