• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Any news on the Batman's and Bio 2 Grief?

Nothing new today, probably will see some updates though.

Now to not play all these games I've bought.
I should start on System Shock 2 some time soon, though.

Mod guide: http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

2K better deliver that Bioshock 2 update feat. Minerva's Den now that the sale is over. Don't really care about GFWL staying or whatever, in comparison.

You see this?

UPDATE

A little delayed on this one, but I need to add this to the OP.

Minerva's Den DLC has been added to the Registry. Two forms are going to be available for purchase, standalone and in a pack with Bioshock 2.

iKcIApZpThcKY.png

Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

It's essentially Metal Slug with a loot system. Which is awesome.

if by "is metal slug" you mean plays more like mega man than metal slug than yeah sure

i wish there was no dumb crafting / upgrading nonsense otherwise I would be interested, seeing numbers fly off of enemies is enough to get me disinterested

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well the Steam Sale is over, but how about one more for the road as a thanks to those who generously donated games.

Is it bugged or have these not been taken? I'm taking my chances and entered to win the mystery game, but no PM yet.

And talk about registry leaks.
+ sign up dates, HL3, collection sizes, Steam ID, shitty daily, when is the next sale, HL3, delete redistributable packages, Steam level, that week end deal is worse than last sale, anyone for a 4 pack, HL3.

I guess "how do I change my Steam drive" is fading?

mileS

Welcome home fellow GAFfers, I hope you had a great summer, now let's get ready to clean the Backlog a bit, that is, if we can.

So you're saying I have to actually PLAY games now? :p

ahhh what an awesome backlog to clean out. Super excited to get at it.

PBalfredo

Thank you for your kindness fellow GAFfer!

I wonder what the mystery game is... Thanks for the giveaway!

Your welcome!

The mystery game was Receiver! Thanks :D

Is it bugged or have these not been taken? I'm taking my chances and entered to win the mystery game, but no PM yet.

Since he seems to have received the mystery game and knows it's Receiver, I guess it's not being striked out for whatever reason.

marrec

Banned
So you're saying I have to actually PLAY games now? :p

ahhh what an awesome backlog to clean out. Super excited to get at it.

It can be done!

I cleaned out my backlog by looking at a bunch of games that I had bought and saying.

"Nope, never going to play those."

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sale was fun while it lasted. Now for the long brutal wait until winter sales.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Since he seems to have received the mystery game and knows it's Receiver, I guess it's not being striked out for whatever reason.

Oh. Totally missed the fact that he said what the mystery game was. :p
Thanks for doing the giveaway!

Acccent

Special Giveaway Challenge!

As the name suggests, this will work in a special way.

I currently have 10 games to gift:
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Under the Ocean

I will explain the rules to one challenge, and the winner will get all the games! There's a catch though: they will only be allowed to pick one for themselves, and then they'll have to come up with a new challenge to elect the person who'll get the rest. That person will choose one game and present a new challenge, and it goes on until we have 10 winners. Then, a champion among the winners will be chosen, the best of the best, la crème de la crème, and they will receive one supreme ultimate gift! (a good one, not a bad
rat
surprise.) Winning one challenge disqualifies you from the others. The keys will only be given at the end.

Here is the challenge:​
Picture something in your head that represents the general atmosphere on NeoGAF, and in the several OTs, during the sales.
Then draw that picture in Paint and send it to me.
The best painting will win the challenge.

Time until this challenge ends: 30 minutes.

If you win, I will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)

Darkroronoa

And when you thought the sales are over and you can focus on actually playing videogames ,Giana sisters daily.

Every day is summer sales
until the winter sales

mileS

Pick up Giana Sisters if you like platformers. One of the best platformers I've played, and my only complaint (difficulty/occasional frustration) has just been fixed by the devs patching in an "easy" mode.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433695813/announcements/detail/2163135716625744892

Edit: Nice OT as well!

I picked this up right away thanks to some tweets I read and your recommendation on steam (which btw I love reading them, you do a fantastic job)

So I take it the game is quite difficult? Haven't heard much about the game until now. Easy mode better to start with?

I beat a few games that I bought during the summer sale.

Blood Dragon - didn't really care for it that much
Max Payne 3 - meh
System Shock 2 - still good

So yeah, 1 for 3 so far.

• Block That Matter
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Under the Ocean

I will explain the rules to one challenge, and the winner will get all the games! There's a catch though: they will only be allowed to pick one for themselves, and then they'll have to come up with a new challenge to elect the person who'll get the rest. That person will choose one game and present a new challenge, and it goes on until we have 10 winners. Then, a champion among the winners will be chosen, the best of the best, la crème de la crème, and they will receive one supreme ultimate gift! (a good one, not a bad
rat
surprise.) Winning one challenge disqualifies you from the others. The keys will only be given at the end.

----------

In unrelated news, I have gone through my previous bundle purchases to look for any key that might not have been used... I found those, but the odds of them still being valid are very low. Feel free to try getting one of them but don't get your hopes up!

(reposting from old thread)

Lol, that's awesome!

Darkroronoa

In unrelated news, I have gone through my previous bundle purchases to look for any key that might not have been used... I found those, but the odds of them still being valid are very low. Feel free to try getting one of them but don't get your hopes up!

won the limbo,amnesia etc pack,did not work but thanks anyway :D

Which game bought during the summer sale are you guys playing? I've been playing Endless Space and enjoying it.

Fallout 3, its more than i expected,its fantastic :p

AsylumX

• Blocks That Matter
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Under the Ocean

rat

----------

Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story has already been used... but thanks anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom