• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

It's weird seeing the normal Steam page now, it's like nothing ever happened... but where did all of my money go?

Am I out of line for asking for an invite to the NeoGAF Steam group in this thread? My Steam ID is the same as my NeoGAF username (Kumubou).

On a big Endless Space kick as well, even though I suck at it. :(

It may end up being the best thing (in terms of actual value) I bought during this sale.

Fireblend

Banned
Which game bought during the summer sale are you guys playing? I've been playing Endless Space and enjoying it.

Already beat:
Hotline Miami
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

In Progress:
Dust: An Elysian Tale (75%) < so good. So good.
Antichamber (No idea)
Tomb Raider (3 hours in)
FTL (I'm never beating this :( )

Next up:
Dishonored
English Country Tune
System Shock 2
Mark of the Ninja
Fly'N
Dark Souls
Monaco

I uhhh. Will get through them all. Surely.

While it wasn't critically well-received, I've seen plenty of people on GAF who actually said it's pretty decent.

I've spent about 30 minutes with it, and I guess I can how it could be good. I think my problem right now is that I wasn't expecting it to be borrow so heavily from KotoR's combat system. I was expecting more of an ARPG.

Grief.exe

It's weird seeing the normal Steam page now, it's like nothing ever happened... but where did all of my money go?

Am I out of line for asking for an invite to the NeoGAF Steam group in this thread? My Steam ID is the same as my NeoGAF username (Kumubou).

Link us to your profile.

So, how is the Summer Sale card market doing?

Jumped up to about 26-28 cents, back down to 18-19 right now.

antitrop

I am extremely happy that I just bought Mercenary Kings. The soundtrack is immediately indelible and the gameplay is exactly my "style".

$15 is steep, it is like a Beta... it doesn't even have an Options menu (greyed out), but I don't give a shit. This game is pretty sweet.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I picked this up right away thanks to some tweets I read and your recommendation on steam (which btw I love reading them, you do a fantastic job)

So I take it the game is quite difficult? Haven't heard much about the game until now. Easy mode better to start with?

Thanks. Giana Sisters starts out easy enough but the difficulty ramps up quickly; I would personally go with the new easy mode, which I imagine is more like a normal difficulty as they said in the patch notes (normal is more like hard).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Steam Roulette gives me an Internal Server Error.

I'll take it as a sign that I should keep on buying and not playing!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Which game bought during the summer sale are you guys playing? I've been playing Endless Space and enjoying it.
Been playing quite a lot of Torchlight II and The Pit. Both great.
Completed three tutorials from Age II HD. Pretty fun. Never played the games before. Great presentation and atmosphere.

Oooh, shiny new thread!

I've started to play Retro City Rampage, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Does anyone else think the game is too fast for its own good? I guess you only need to adapt to its pace, but right now (after the tutorial) I've just been doing random shit and I already got 4 cheevos without even knowing what the hell am I supposed to do.

XShagrath

Thanks for the giveaway, Accent! I tried the The key for Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, and it was a duplicate code. Oh well.

Jonm1010

Banned
Man. I made a list of all the smaller indie games I wanted to grab last night and near the top of that list was Recettear and I just got home and looked at my library and realized I forgot to nab it before the sale ended :/

Now it's 19.99. Shit!

Hope it's a daily sooner rather than later.

I sent you an invite.

Running around almost naked while beating up people and realizing I need to turn off the mild auto-aim on guns - the Game.

Also known as Sleeping dogs. Seriously, fuck clothes when you can go full EL MACHO LIBRE or something like that.

maneil99

gU4W57G.png

Ouch that typo

Running around almost naked while beating up people and realizing I need to turn off the mild auto-aim on guns - the Game.

Also known as Sleeping dogs. Seriously, fuck clothes when you can go full EL MACHO LIBRE or something like that.

It sounded like you were describing SR3.

Kumubou

Man. I made a list of all the smaller indie games I wanted to grab last night and near the top of that list was Recettear and I just got home and looked at my library and realized I forgot to nab it before the sale ended :/

Now it's 19.99. Shit!

Hope it's a daily sooner rather than later.
Capitalism, ho! etc. etc.. It's a good game but I can't see spending $20 for it.

I sent you an invite.
Thanks!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Already beat Dark Souls twice on ps3, but I'm getting sucked back in with the pc version. Looking forward to playing the dlc. I have all these new games because of the sale, but Dark's not letting me go.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I COULD host a Mercenary Kings 4pack if people really want it, as it's a little cheaper down here in Brazil.

Paypal taxes and all, it would come up as 9.50 USD each.

Lemme know.

Giana Sisters is definitely worth it.
Although you'll want to stick with the easier difficulties on your first play-through.

The game has some really hardcore difficulties I can't imagine anyone would have fun with. They're the kind where when you die you have to start THE ENTIRE GAME OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom