• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just want to see the world burn I guess. Same thing happened to me with the Dust cards. I put mine up for $1.00 like everyone else then someone puts their cards up at $.37. It's baffling

When this happened to me in WoW, I would just buy the significantly undercut priced item and put it up for sale at my price. Of course I don't know how well that works on Steam Marketplace given how much bigger it is..

dani_dc

To guarantee a sale.
He need 60 cents right NOW to buy something and doesn't want to wait? This way, there's a high chance a speculator will pick it up immediately.

Sure, but you don't need to undercut by half to do so, especially not with the low number of cards available and the rate of sale that it's going by. Even if he wanted to undercut it, doing so by 20-30 cents would likely guarantee him a quick sale as opposed to half of the value fo the card.

nacimento

8b2123cb08379889606a8099f56d1669.gif

So where's my Conquistador? :(

Tomorrow, Gaben!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some people just want to see the world burn I guess. Same thing happened to me with the Dust cards. I put mine up for $1.00 like everyone else then someone puts their cards up at $.37. It's baffling

About a week before the card beta was opened up, I nabbed a Defender Quest's foil and for a short while it was the only one on the market. Trouble ensued when another bloke listed his and continuously lowered the price, thus setting a lower and lower precedent. I have to admit that I was tempted to sent him a friend request, hoping to explain why he was being suck a numbskull.

Edit: I eventually sold the card for $9.71 ($8.45). But I could have sold it for much more.

Grief.exe

About a week before the card beta was opened up, I nabbed a Defender Quest's foil and for a short while it was the only one on the market. Trouble ensued when another bloke listed his and continuously lowered the price and thus setting a lower and lower precedent. I have to admit that I was tempted to sent him a friend request, hoping to explain why he was being suck a numbskull.

You should just force him lower and lower, then buy it, sell for profit.

There is some risk in that though.

GAMERG0D

Posting this for those that haven't seen it.

FFVIII has now been updated 4 times today, no update for Bioshock 2 or Batman:AA/AC
The VIII thread is prime and ready to go if it happens to release today, it's a lot like the VII thread if you don't mind. :p

Except I need a title for the OT, I'm no good at those.

Eternia

When this happened to me in WoW, I would just buy the significantly undercut priced item and put it up for sale at my price. Of course I don't know how well that works on Steam Marketplace given how much bigger it is..
But gold can be thrown around a lot more frivolously. When I was playing around with the gem market in Cataclysm, I was often undercutting and being undercut by people. I eventually hit the character gold limit and started screwing around with people by listing things that were normally >100g for 20g. I was trying to crash the market or daring them to eat up useless stock only for me to plummet them again.

The demand in the Steam market isn't as constant.

HoosTrax

Ok peeps. Supposing I'm going to be playing through Deus Ex for the very first time -- is there anything I should be aware of? Things I should or should not do? Bad habits that I may have picked up from playing DXHR that don't apply, etc.

Basically, I want to like the game, so I want this to go smoothly, so if there are known gotchas gameplay-wise that might cause me to get aggravated, I want to know that now.

Grief.exe

The VIII thread is prime and ready to go if it happens to release today, it's a lot like the VII thread if you don't mind. :p

Except I need a title for the OT, I'm no good at those.

Settle down now, its no where close to release lol

I will probably post a thread when it gets closer to let people know, much like I did with FFVII.

OT is all yours, I'm not even an FF fan past VI anyways :), this is my first time playing VII and VIII.

iavi

I will probably post a thread when it gets closer to let people know, much like I did with FFVII.

OT is all yours, I'm not even an FF fan past VI anyways :), this is my first time playing VII and VIII.

Haha, yeah, there's no word to whether SE is gonna pull a VII again either-- giving their online store an exclusivity window.

That said, it's being updated in the reg again.

JaseC

Wow, that sucks considering I paid more when it was on sale a week or so ago.

Yeah, I bought the DDE, but I'm content with knowing that I'll still have the game tied to my account when it's inevitably either pulled or made F2P. I just hope there's one more sale if the former is to be its fate, so I can pick up the Season Pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I bought the DDE, but I'm content with knowing that I'll still have the game tied to my account when it's inevitably either pulled or made F2P. I just hope there's one more sale if the former is to be its fate, so I can pick up the Season Pass.

Make me wonder - will this game even get it's proposed 5 DLC packs?

Grief.exe

Thanks for the update Grief. This is awesome news for ff8. I love 7 but 8>7 for me. Can't wait to play both games when i get the chance.

I've heard IX is actually the best of the PS1 era, I would like to see that one brought over to PC as well.

Less likely, because that didn't have a PC port initially, but Square seems to be pulling in quite the revenue stream here.

I've heard IX is actually the best of the PS1 era, I would like to see that one brought over to PC as well.

I think if FFIX were brought over to PC and had faster load times it would make a lot of people really happy. The loading times suck which makes getting into random battles a chore. Otherwise the game is absolutely fucking incredible.

It has at the same time some of the best charm and some of the best atmosphere the series has ever seen.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
i went out and bought a portion of "crackling" i think is the name (it's literally fried pork fat) for more than Ys I+II.

So I said fuck it and bought Ys I+II.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Less likely, because that didn't have a PC port initially, but Square seems to be pulling in quite the revenue stream here.

Then they would just need to bring Final Fantasy IV Complete (not the 3d remake) and remastered versions of V and VI to make my life complete.

HoosTrax

i went out and bought a portion of "crackling" i think is the name (it's literally fried pork fat) for more than Ys I+II.

They're sometimes called "pork rinds" where I'm from. Tasty guilty pleasure. Especially the barbeque-flavored variety.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They're sometimes called "pork rinds" where I'm from. Tasty guilty pleasure. Especially the barbeque-flavored variety.

I think I found out the best way possible to solve a "should I buy this game" question.

Go out and buy literally anything. Pretty much anything you can buy on the street, be it a food or pleasure item, will cost more than most games on Steam when they're on sale.

Not counting Activision stuff, obviously.

Yeah I totally wouldn't mind getting a 9 port since I never finished it but I dunno if SE would do it. I guess it depends how profitable 7 & 8 are plus how easy it would be porting.

GAMERG0D

I guess I'm a bit paranoid because of all the updates today.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion about the PlayStation FF games but IX was a return to 'fantasy' rather than a modern setting and some people had a sour taste in their mouth after VIII (For a number of reasons I won't get into) so it was a breath of fresh air. Personally I like VII and VIII more but that's just me. IX is great though, might not get a PC release anytime soon. Load times are my main gripe with IX, other than that it's a great game.

JaseC

Make me wonder - will this game even get it's proposed 5 DLC packs?

All five are supposedly going to be released within the next 10 months, but who knows if that schedule will remain concrete. If there have been at least two DLC releases by end of the year and the game is still pay-to-play, I think there's a good chance they'll all see the light of day.

Knurek

I've heard IX is actually the best of the PS1 era, I would like to see that one brought over to PC as well

FF8 is so batshit insane, both story-wise and mechanics-wise, that really, I'm buying that as soon as it lands.

Seriously, it plays more like an Akitoshi Kawazu (the SaGa or The Last Remnant guy) game than mainline Final Fantasy.

FF9 is nice and all, but truth be told, I'd much rather have FF12 on Steam. Or... well, Vita port of FFX & FFX-2. Better games overall.

iavi

Enjoy! those games can be hell at times, but the payoffs in Ys games are always worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom