• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Posting this for those that haven't seen it.

FFVIII has now been updated 4 times today, no update for Bioshock 2 or Batman:AA/AC

Lot of good news out of the registry the past couple days.

STALKER CoP + SoC get a bundle, and SoC updated to reflect GSC as the publisher now, not THQ. Will probably be seeing a discount in the future.

FFVIII updated a few times today for the first time in months. Square originally added logos, languages, and icons to both FFVII and FFVIII, then started working on FFVII in earnest.

Drinkbox app updated a couple times today. They are the team behind Guacamelee, so they may getting started on that port.

Skerj

God dammit Steam, I was only going to pick up Mercenary Kings and Shadowrun this week after spending waaaay too much money on the sale. Now KR0 is a daily. ..bought.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Y0uj6DM.png

Fuck this thread!

tumblr_mhvo6bFoLY1r1qpfoo1_500.gif

XShagrath

Thanks for the raffle, freezard! I don't have either of these games, so entered for both. If by some strange luck, I happen to win them both, I'll throw one of them back up for a raffle.

Turfster

Ouch, that's some bad luck. Out of the near 200 cards I've sold since the Summer Sale began I've never sold one for less than .10 profit to myself. I've only had two foils -- one was useless (.78) the other was fantastic (7.50).

Yeah, I've listed them at like, 15 cents, but the chances of them actually selling look grim at the moment. I've sill got 2 foils that have been up since beta, I've had to slash prices by 80% and they're still not selling...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Posting this for those that haven't seen it.

FFVIII has now been updated 4 times today, no update for Bioshock 2 or Batman:AA/AC

I'm for sure picking up FFVIII when it's released. I already have Bioshock 2 and both Batman games so having them without GFWL would be awesome.

Fuu

Huh, I just realized I have Just Cause 2 even though I don't remember purchasing it. I bought the first game during the price error just because but having the sequel means I'll never run it even once.

Have at it, people.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Journey Down Chapter 1 Steam Key -- MB-1A77775BAA9C7743 - Taken by Eternia
Kung Fu Strike The Warrior's Rise Steam Key -- MB-6902257A57E116B6
Zeno Clash Steam Key -- MB-B4E94D97354F3325 - Taken by r3n4ud
Cargo Commander Steam Key -- MB-8A374BDB15810CD5 - Taken by chronomac

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, I just realized I have Just Cause 2 even though I don't remember purchasing it. I bought the first game during the price error just because but this having the sequel means I'll never run it even once.

The first game is decidedly mediocre while the sequel is a ton of fun.

Fuu

Price matched on the KR0 site

DRM free copy
Soundtrack
Newsletter
Steam key
Wasn't sure if it was going to include a Steam key (it didn't during the -25% off iirc). It's cheaper on the Brazilian Steam though so I don't feel bad about it (R$ 27.80 versus R$ 22.49).

The first game is decidedly mediocre while the sequel is a ton of fun.
That's what I heard! I'll be checking it out soon-ish, I saw parts of JC2 during the Errant Signal video for Sleeping Dogs and it managed to get me hyped to play it.

slabrock

Banned
Just when I thought I was done spending money on steam Kentucky Route 0 is a daily. Was gonna wait until the game was finished but hey, half off is half off.

dani_dc

oajKo80.png

Why?
I don't get it! The card was selling decently at 1.5 euros, why would you undercut it by half lowering the price of the card?

Soi-Fong

All these giveaways and I probably don't have more than a few posts in the previous thread and zero in this one (excessive lurking is a serious problem)...

Anyhow, because I loved both Trines and want to support a local developer a bit more, first one to quote me with an image of the thief gets a Trine 2 Complete Gift.

Thanks again! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oajKo80.png

Why?
I don't get it! The card was selling decently at 1.5 euros, why would you undercut it by half lowering the price of the card?

To guarantee a sale. See also: people undercutting prices of the more popular cards by a single cent.

He need 60 cents right NOW to buy something and doesn't want to wait? This way, there's a high chance a speculator will pick it up immediately.

Jørdan

The overnight ModBot issue was from someone with some sort of weird-ass unicode symbol in their username trying to send a PM to ModBot. I have it fixed two ways--first, the weird-ass unicode symbol shouldn't break things anymore. Second, when one PM breaks the bot like that it'll now just ignore that PM instead of refusing to process.
That sound like me, I'm really sorry if it was. Apologies to those trying to create or redeem giveaways. Thanks for finding the issue and amending ModBot to accept my love letters and those from other potential suitors.

slabrock

Banned
oajKo80.png

Why?
Some people just want to see the world burn I guess. Same thing happened to me with the Dust cards. I put mine up for $1.00 like everyone else then someone puts their cards up at $.37. It's baffling

louiedog

Some people just want to see the world burn I guess. Same thing happened to me with the Dust cards. I put mine up for $1.00 like everyone else then someone puts their cards up at $.37. It's baffling

And if that 37 cent card doesn't sell in 3 minutes, you've then got 10 cards listed at 36, 36, 35, 35, 35, 34, 34, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom