• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

I might buy Gun Monkeys just because of the dev's blogpost.

Edit: But that would mean I have to play the game, not just let it sit in my backlog.

I'm impressed, sounds like a great developer. A shame the community is crap from my limited exposure. I won a free copy, so I can't really complain, but I had nothing but people rage quit when I tried to play them. Maybe I'll give it another shot with the new people joining. It seems like it could be a fun game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ahhh shit xelios, I just realized that the new ModBot speed improvements means that you'll probably get spammed with receipts. In the old system since receipts typically got delayed a few minutes, they'd combine no problem--but in the new system there's basically no delay so you're probably going to get 5-6 receipts. :/

I'll fix that over the coming day. Sorry.

Edit: Also, thanks for TR1. I have fond memories of renting it as hormonal adolescent. A replay should be interesting.

iavi

All the money Xseed's made on Steam with YS and they still won't port localize the Trails port.

It's like they want us to forget that ever existed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I might buy Gun Monkeys just because of the dev's blogpost.

Edit: But that would mean I have to play the game, not just let it sit in my backlog.

I liked this part:

What’s more, everyone who has bought the game thus far has been gifted a free copy to send to a chum (or TWO free copies if you bought the double pack)

I paid full price, but I've yet to receive a gift copy.

garath

Ezra2680

Don't think I can pull the trigger on KR0 at that price after just having bought 100 games. Think I'll just wait for it to be complete.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Whoa, just saw the Defiance thing.

Super shitty move if it's not a mistake.

Tomodachi

So guys, what's the latest word on idling multiple games at one for cards? Does it still work? Is it slower? I stopped doing it many weeks ago because I thought it stopped dropping card after the first one, is this confirmed or not? I have a lot of games from the new batch, multi-idling would be a godsend.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Edit: Also, thanks for TR1. I have fond memories of renting it as hormonal adolescent. A replay should be interesting.
Haha, I sent him almost the exact same thing in a PM concerning Anniversary before you posted.
Fuu said:
Thanks for the game, Xelios. I have many fond memories of the original and never had a chance to play the remake. :)

HoosTrax

So guys, what's the latest word on idling multiple games at one for cards? Does it still work? Is it slower? I stopped doing it many weeks ago because I thought it stopped dropping card after the first one, is this confirmed or not? I have a lot of games from the new batch, multi-idling would be a godsend.
To me, it seems like it works for the first batch of cards, then it stops working altogether and I end up having to restarting with only one running.

Grief.exe

I'm doing it right now.

Playing FFVII
Idleing for SPAZ cards

So what's the definitive acronym for Kentucky Route Zero? KRZ, KR0? I saw some people saying KY0 which perplexed me.

header_292x136.jpg

maty

OK guys, this is probably going to be my last giveaway for a while, at least until future bundles. I have gone way over my budget with the last sale.

Also whoever gets any of these 2 games please play them and not just idle for cards, They are both fantastic. Hope you enjoy them as I did. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blocks that matter -- MB-5ED04F490CB913B1 - Taken by JoseOle5990
Critter Crunch -- MB-5D62974A3C2B88EA - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth

I tested it over two nights, it does seem a little slower or more spread out than doing it one at a time. I can give numbers but that is my general conclusion.

Also thanks for the explanation Stumpokapow that makes sense, that is probably why it's only happened once to me in 8 years on steam where I was annoyed.... and with all the other cases I kind of had an inside understanding of when to buy something and at what price.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, updated. Users who run giveaways will get receipts no more often than every 5 minutes, and no faster than 5 minutes after the initial giveaway starts. It's not perfect but it'll prevent people who do big giveaways from getting like 5-8 receipts in a 5 minute period. Sorry again xel.

KiDdYoNe

Well i just had a little conversation with the guy undercutted me.

- why undercut the whole euro, cut a few cents if you want to sell it faster
- oh sorry... i can make them cheaper!

at the end he said:

I know.. Everytime new cards appear, you see prices like 4 euros for a rare emoticon what you can get for like 20 cents if you wait.

yeah, and the reason of those 20 cents instead of 4 euros are you fuckers -___-

Lint21

Neo Member
Killing Floor and Natural Selection II are both MP only aren't they? They seem to be doing okay at least.

Edit: Forgot Chivalry and I own it.

I am not sure, but Chivalry and Natural Selection 2 have managed to get regular players. And this is about it.

All Valve games do well with it.

Chivalry, NS2, etc.

Napoleonic Wars is mp only and it has a nice community.

So no Chivalry? DayZ? NSII? Tribes? Planetside 2?

You are missing out.

I guess those are the games I couldn't think of :p

I'm not dissing on MP-only games, they just aren't for me, and here's why. Despite having been an avid gamer for the past 25 years, I kind of suck at video games. I also don't have fun when I'm losing or just being shot over and over again. I don't have the kind of time that I did when I was good at Quake II CTF, UT2004, etc. The time aspect is also why I don't touch MMOs anymore.

So, it's either buy games that I likely won't enjoy, with an additional risk of the community drying up and the game becoming essentially unplayable, or focus on games with an enjoyable single-player experience.

Whools

Feel like an idiot for only now making that connection. I always thought that logo was because that's how this highway 0 in kentucky would be represented or something ( i'm not american, not sure how they do it there), where as the game would have a different abbreviation made from it's title

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Okay, updated. Users who run giveaways will get receipts no more often than every 5 minutes, and no faster than 5 minutes after the initial giveaway starts. It's not perfect but it'll prevent people who do big giveaways from getting like 5-8 receipts in a 5 minute period. Sorry again xel.

Perfect, thanks. The five minute waiting period should mean most of the keys have been taken and a full receipt/no more than two receipts in most cases, which is ideal.

Edit: Great job btw on all the new rules and restrictions since the last time I used ModBot, it really lets you customize your giveaway exactly how you want it.

Am I crazy for holding on to two full sets of cards to complete the "Steam Summer Getaway" badge? Figure if i hold them for a couple months & they're hard to find, I might make enough to buy a game. :p

maty

What the hell is going on with my giveaway? Because Cth keeps winning CC. xD

Did I make a mistake with the format of the PM?

To the the winners, if you aren't able to add the games just send me a Pm and I'll give them to you :)

tjohn86

Am I crazy for holding on to two full sets of cards to complete the "Steam Summer Getaway" badge? Figure if i hold them for a couple months & they're hard to find, I might make enough to buy a game. :p

There are like 40,000 of each on the market. You may be waiting longer than a few months.

m.gorecki

Possibly, but the market is getting pretty saturated right now. There are about 35K of each card for sale, and the first 1K is within a few cents of what the going price is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom