• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

I cant tell if KRZ is a point and click adventure or something more akin to Flashback.

If it's point and click my interest is zero

It's point and click but more akin to something like The Walking Dead rather than traditional point and click adventures like Grim Fandango, Monkey Island etc.

Freezard

NFS Hot Pursuit was also in a community vote but never went on sale. There was only one chance to vote for it, but people didn't. *grumbles*

Ezra2680

So I am plaing the YS origin demo and it doesn't seem to have native controller support even though it plays like it should. Do any of the Ys games support controllers?

I've got all of the Ys games, but so far have only played Ys 1. I didn't have a problem using my gamepad for it, so I thought the rest would have support as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There's a reason why some environments are titled as production.

Unfortunately I can't run a test environment of GAF, making a test environment of ModBot a little useless for most stuff. I choose instead to hide behind the "beta" label as best as possible, or to passive aggressively offer people refunds for whatever they paid to use it ;)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I played Oath before and LOVED it. I missed the flash deal so I was sad about that but now this! YES! I'm actually going to play these with an arcade stick because it's hardcore like that.

Tame

I read the store page and it says it has controller support I am going to try the demo again.

NVM it works, make sure your controller is plugged in before you start the game :p

Good, good, good

Thats the Ys series back to being near the top of my to do pile

Ezra2680

I played Oath before and LOVED it. I missed the flash deal so I was sad about that but now this! YES! I'm actually going to play these with an arcade stick because it's hardcore like that.

If you haven't already bought it, you might check with dunder first. I was able to get oath and origins from him during the sale for about 50% of steams sale price

tjohn86

Python for scripting (BeautifulSoup used for parsing, urllib/urllib2 for requests, SHA-1 handles the encryption on the keys which are also salted appropriate) and SQLite for data storage, running on my desktop right now during beta but I have a remote box long-term. The giveaway code is only some of what ModBot does, the rest should be obvious from the name of the bot. When I am done active development I will make some of the source (obviously nothing related to authentication) available on a request basis.

Cool. Sounds like a fun little project!

DukeBobby

Start on Kentucky now or wait till all acts are out?

I only finished it last week, and the wait for the next episode is already unbearable.

On the other hand, it is a great game that should be experienced now.

tumblr_mlp29qg5C91rkj8fwo1_400.gif

Freezard

Should be roffling in 10 minutes unless ModBot has fallen asleep.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-9AEE14A37419D214 - Taken by throwawayname
Killing Floor -- MB-C64F886FC7813D12 - Taken by Whools

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Resident Evil 5 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you haven't already bought it, you might check with dunder first. I was able to get oath and origins from him during the sale for about 50% of steams sale price
I was in chat with him when I noticed the sale. He got me good deals on ETS2 and Monaco before but he's getting a little worn out from so many sales so I didn't bother him. I had paypal funds from selling something yesterday anyway.

guys, I'm thinking in getting into Trine, should I play Trine 1 first or can I jump in to Trine 2?
Just go with Trine 2.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
guys, I'm thinking in getting into Trine, should I play Trine 1 first or can I jump in to Trine 2?

Just jump into 2. There's a story somewhere but it's just as complex and deep as the DS role-playing masterpiece known as The Dark Brotherhood.

Salsa

I wishlisted Ittle Dew immediately. I'd have bought and started playing it, but I can't quite justify paying a launch price so soon after the summer sale.

yeah, worth noting since some people might think "omg zelda adventure": Ittle Dew is like, 3 hours long

Caerith

yeah, worth noting since some people might think "omg zelda adventure": Ittle Dew is like, 3 hours long
The leaderboards, encouragement toward speedrunning, and ability to creatively bypass puzzles suggest it's more like a cross between Zelda and Guardian of Light.

You'll have to wait a while for GAF impressions, both games just came out, but in the meanwhile have a look at:

GiantBomb Quick Look of Ittle Dew

Rock Paper Shotgun's Review of The Raven

Damn, I am pimping these games hard.

The Raven seems pretty neat. It looks a little different than normal point-and-click adventures however. I need to see more gameplay videos.

Ittle Dew has a neat concept but it almost looks too easy. I also hear it's a relatively short three hour game.

I'll wait for GAF opinions on both.

Oh shit, just checked Rouge legacy's site, they support it too.
Which should I go for?

uhm it depends on what genre you prefer. first you should know KR0 is about 5 acts, and there are only 3 acts released. as stated before it's a point and click adventure "ala" Walking Dead. Rogue Legacy is a metroidvania rogue-like, funny, hilarious. I went for Rogue Legacy and I couldn't be any more glad about the choice I made.

tl,dr.- go for Rogue Legacy if you want fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom