• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is going on with my giveaway? Because Cth keeps winning CC. xD

Did I make a mistake with the format of the PM?

To the the winners, if you aren't able to add the games just send me a Pm and I'll give them to you :)

Yeah I keep refreshing to see if I won Blocks That Matter and he keeps taking lol

God I wish I didn't blow all my money in the summer sale. I'm really interested in the Ys series and have been eyeing up Kentucky Route Zero for some time.

Anyone have any thoughts on Ittle Dew or The Raven?

Yeah I keep refreshing to see if I won Blocks That Matter and he keeps taking lol

Hah me too! I just PM'd Stump so we'll see if he can resolve the issue.

Edit:
*smacks ModBot*

all fixed

Thanks Jose.
13WixOl.jpg

Also it seems I've won, so a big thanks to bornlivedie for Blocks That Matter! Saw my roomie playing this a while back and it looks neato.

Oreoleo

edit: holy fucking enormous image

Critter Crunch -- MB-5D62974A3C2B88EA - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth - Taken by Cth

lol wow

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am I crazy for holding on to two full sets of cards to complete the "Steam Summer Getaway" badge? Figure if i hold them for a couple months & they're hard to find, I might make enough to buy a game. :p

After crafting the foil badge I bought another set and intend to sell them off at a later date.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First time that Kentucky Route Zero is 50% off right?

allansm

Well i just had a little conversation with the guy undercutted me.

- why undercut the whole euro, cut a few cents if you want to sell it faster
- oh sorry... i can make them cheaper!

at the end he said:

I know.. Everytime new cards appear, you see prices like 4 euros for a rare emoticon what you can get for like 20 cents if you wait.

yeah, and the reason of those 20 cents instead of 4 euros are you fuckers -___-

I came to the conclusion these kind of people are either rich or don't like money. I really doubt that undercutting like that will make them sell faster.

Ahh, apparently Rogue Legacy has a speed problem when you don't enable vsync. I was wondering why the chakram was just shooting behind me, and why chaintors were an impervious wall of blinding speed ball and chain, and why haunted paintings were a bitch to hit without taking damage.

Danj

Wouldn't you just put it up at whatever price you think is good? Why would you need help with that?

No I mean, is there an extension to monitor the market and see when the price has reached the price you want to sell at. No point just sticking it up there and having it sit there unsold for ages.

There are like 40,000 of each on the market. You may be waiting longer than a few months.
Possibly, but the market is getting pretty saturated right now. There are about 35K of each card for sale, and the first 1K is within a few cents of what the going price is.

Yea, there are tons there. I just noticed that right after the sale, the prices when you couldn't get the cards free anymore, the prices went up about a nickel each. Just hoping to capitalize on that possibility.

After crafting the foil badge I bought another set and intend to sell them off at a later date.

How in the purple hells did you craft a foil badge?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cth: Sorry in advance.

Stumpokapow could you give a 10,000 ft description of the tech behind modbot? What it's written in? Where it runs? Etc.

Python for scripting (BeautifulSoup used for parsing, urllib/urllib2 for requests, SHA-1 handles the encryption on the keys which are also salted appropriate) and SQLite for data storage, running on my desktop right now during beta but I have a remote box long-term. The giveaway code is only some of what ModBot does, the rest should be obvious from the name of the bot. When I am done active development I will make some of the source (obviously nothing related to authentication) available on a request basis.

Should I submit giveaway again or just wait?

No need to resubmit, it'll catch up any second now.

Cth

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for Critter Crunch :D

No worries, it's fun :D

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I played vs a friend in the online MP of Critter Crunch yesterday and it was quite fun.

maty

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for Critter Crunch :D

No worries, it's fun :D
LOL

Finally all resolved xD

Hope you like CC :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How in the purple hells did you craft a foil badge?

Despite receiving over 100 Summer Sale drops I didn't receive a single bloody foil, so I waited until the last day of the sale to buy what I needed. Of course, my luck being what it is, by then their prices had already gone up slightly, so I literally paid for the price for being tardy.

Tame

Ys 1+2 on sale?.

Nice. if it was a flash sale, I missed it.

Hopefully that sword of the stars - the pit (if that's what it's called) goes on sale at some point cause I missed that one too apparently

Addnan

I have all the Introversion games as extra. Guessing most people will own this. Let me know if the link doesn't work. First time giving away like this. Will give the other 3 once I know this worked!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DEFCON -- MB-41159F83B8F60B81 - Taken by C00kie M0nster

I played vs a friend in the online MP of Critter Crunch yesterday and it was quite fun.
I'm a big fan of the versus match-3 type games. It probably dates back to Tetris multiplayer or (more likely) Dr. Mario's versus mode. They're so simple, but can be so challenging with an equal competitor. So fun!

I'm guessing this pretty much locks me out of winning anything else this week :D
I think you're done for like a month lol. Enjoy Critter Crunch!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm guessing this pretty much locks me out of winning anything else this week :D

Actually you're good. You only claimed one game as far as the bot is concerned, it just screwed up the edit, payout generation, and possibly receipt generation. I've gotta start coding in the middle of the night instead of while people are using it.

Tame

I cant tell if KRZ is a point and click adventure or something more akin to Flashback.

If it's point and click my interest is zero

PriitV

Actually you're good. You only claimed one game as far as the bot is concerned, it just screwed up the edit, payout generation, and possibly receipt generation. I've gotta start coding in the middle of the night instead of while people are using it.

There's a reason why some environments are titled as production.

So I am plaing the YS origin demo and it doesn't seem to have native controller support even though it plays like it should. Do any of the Ys games support controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom