• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got a booster pack drop and I wasn't even playing a game. I thought you had to be playing something to get it.

oooh booster packs, I think I saw some in screenshots.. I still don't know what it is

/sarcasm

bloody hell, I still haven't got a foil card or booster pack, what's wrong??

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So I just got a booster pack drop and I wasn't even playing a game. I thought you had to be playing something to get it.
You don't even have to keep the game installed.

Just log into Steam once a week.

Yup, that's exactly what I bought.

It's bad for you. But it's oh, so good.

My point is: I'm wasting money buying something really gross and the less desired piece of an animal that I'm going to put inside my body and it's going to be bad for me.

I cannot NOT buy a game for cheaper than that.

Now that's the sort of logic I can get behind! :)

Enjoy the crackling and please don't worry about it being 'bad' for you. I can think of far worse things you could be eating!

Watch. He's gonna be banning people soon enough.

You say that as if that's a bad thing!

Salsa

5ad11e6ef3d311e28b6522000a1f97ac_6.jpg

indiegamemovie: Test, test, test, test ... Getting close!

DirtRiver

Do you only get 1 booster pack per "random period of time" or can you get as many booster packs as you have games 'approved' to get them?

Salsa

there's indie game the movie "DLC" incoming, turns it into the "special edition" with 300+ more minutes of footage and new commentary and other stuff

louiedog

there's indie game the movie "DLC" incoming, turns it into the "special edition" with 300+ more minutes of footage and new commentary and other stuff

The pre-order on their site has been up for a few days. The new content only is $4.99 so I expect the same on Steam for DLC.

edit: looks like they confirmed that on twitter in a reply

liezryou

So i probably should have mentioned this earlier, but i can sell KR0 for 10$. Not much of a discount but you can still save 2.5$. Buying on demand, toodles~.

iavi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jhj3FD7nY

looks like there's also some kind of "follow-up" with the devs in the first one. Covering the whole Phil Fish + japanese games thing and Edmund working on Isaac.

Thanks. Seems like the dlc only adds 100+ mins of new content. The 300+ seems to be the boxed set that includes the film.

And to be honest, I'm not so sure I care to hear about the whole fish vs japan debacle again. It's beyond tired now.

Salsa

Thanks. Seems like the dlc only adds 100+ mins of new content. The 300+ seems to be the boxed set that includes the film.

yeah, its not very clear since it lists the "short films" separate from "epilogues" and such

I just know it seems like an alright package

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Film and theater isn't music.

I guess you missed the part where they are/were musicians. Film and theater aren't just visual representations, but inclusion of audio is a major part of the experience and you'd be crazy to think otherwise.

You're also the only person I've ever seen to talk ill of the music.

Wok

And to be honest, I'm not so sure I care to hear about the whole fish vs japan debacle again. It's beyond tired now.

True. It is unclear whether I get everything if I buy the movie DLC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We need a Steam for the movie industry.

So basically iTunes, except for the fact that the industry partners themselves have no interest in lowering prices at all or making things user friendly. Alternatively, if you view Steam as a sort of subscription all-you-can-play service, Netflix :p That works too, because like Valve occasionally makes games, Netflix occasionally makes shows and movies!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So basically iTunes, except for the fact that the industry partners themselves have no interest in lowering prices at all or making things user friendly. Alternatively, if you view Steam as a sort of subscription all-you-can-play service, Netflix :p That works too, because like Valve occasionally makes games, Netflix occasionally makes shows and movies!
Valve is making a movie though!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam, unlike iTunes, is about as hardware and OS agnostic as possible and strives towards less dependency on a regular basis, though.

That doesn't account for the other things that Steam does that iTunes doesn't (and reasonably could -- like sales large and small, or platform upgrades like achievements, cards, and social interactions).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam, unlike iTunes, is about as hardware and OS agnostic as possible and strives towards less dependency on a regular basis, though.

That doesn't account for the other things that Steam does that iTunes doesn't (and reasonably could -- like sales large and small, or platform upgrades like achievements, cards, and social interactions).

iTunes does sales (but can't do much deeper sales on video, unfortunately the industry partners view it as an absolute non-starter) and did have a social networking platform, but you're right it could have achievements and it doesn't.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright guys so I'm working on some cool new Enhanced Steam features based on user feedback and suggestions. Here is a preview of the DLC page:

eyqW7zV.png

Still have more to do with it, but I think everyone will like the new changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom