• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Here is what is going to happen.

There will be two separate registry entries, one for the older Street Fighter, one for the Ultra version.
Similar to owning Fallout: New Vegas, then buying the Ultimate edition. You will lose the Fallout: New Vegas license and gain the Ultimate Edition licence.

You will be able to pay to upgrade to the Ultra version if you own the older versions. These will probably be completely separate, if you own an older version don't expect to compete against someone online with the Ultra.

They will probably stop selling the older versions of Street Fighter entirely.

Interesting, thanks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright guys so I'm working on some cool new Enhanced Steam features based on user feedback and suggestions. Here is a preview of the DLC page:

eyqW7zV.png

Still have more to do with it, but I think everyone will like the new changes.
Same question as always: will these changes be added to the Opera 12 version?

Anyway, you've done a fantastic job with that extension. I truly miss it whenever I'm browsing the store from my phone.

EDIT: show's over. rainking187 won

Special Giveaway Challenge!

As the name suggests, this will work in a special way.

I currently have 7 games to gift:
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon
I will explain the rules to one challenge, and the winner will get all the games! There's a catch though: they will only be allowed to pick one for themselves, and then they'll have to come up with a new challenge to elect the person who'll get the rest. That person will choose one game and present a new challenge, and it goes on until we have 10 winners. Then, a champion among the winners will be chosen, the best of the best, la crème de la crème, and they will receive one supreme ultimate gift! (a good one, not a bad
rat
surprise.) Winning one challenge disqualifies you from the others. The keys will only be given at the end.

Here is the challenge:​
The first person to PM the name of my favorite Street Fighter AND the name of my favorite Tekken character will be the winner of this round.

Hint:
To make this easier, both characters are in the Street Fighter X Tekken roster. I also mentioned their names in an older post of mine in a different thread

Time until this challenge ends:
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

If you win, Accent will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)

EDIT: show's over. rainking187 won

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Same question as always: will these changes be added to the Opera 12 version?

Anyway, you've done a fantastic job with that extension. I truly miss it whenever I'm browsing the store from my phone.

Thanks! I'm not so sure about Opera 12. It really is a pain in the butt coding for it. The version that is there now is a port of the Firefox version. Which works, but isn't nearly as full-featured.

I get a lot of requests for non-Next Opera updates though, so I'll consider it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even enable it, just forced 60 fps in MSI Afterburner and it fixed everything. Gotta reduce that input lag bro.
Oh, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? I hope you get so much screen tearing that you'll want to tear your own eyes out.

No, but seriously. Tearing is the worst.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! I'm not so sure about Opera 12. It really is a pain in the butt coding for it. The version that is there now is a port of the Firefox version. Which works, but isn't nearly as full-featured.

I get a lot of requests for non-Next Opera updates though, so I'll consider it.
Oh, don't worry then. Didn't know it was so complicated, I don't want you spending so much time on us 7 Opera users :p

If I knew how to do it I'd try to code/port it myself to save you the trouble, but unfortunately I have less programming skills than the devs of Big Rigs.

I'm curious: how much did it took you to learn enough stuff so as to make that extension? Same goes to Stump and his beloved ModBot.

My super power is not being bothered one bit by either aliasing or tearing.
Wanna trade? Mine is not noticing any difference between 30 and 60 FPS.

Grief.exe

Dammit. ModBot needs to stop accepting bribes ;_; That guy hasn't even said anything to me.

Something that could be useful for the longer raffles (3h+) is for ModBot to make a post and list the winners.

There is a possibility he is at work or hasn't had a chance to check if he has won yet.

That was quite a give away, you deserve a thank you.

EDIT: His profile is set to private http://steamcommunity.com/id/throwawayname but he does seem to be offline.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm curious: how much did it took you to learn enough stuff so as to make that extension? Same goes to Stump and his beloved ModBot.

I've been programming for about 22 years. I programmed professionally for 6 years, but that was about 6 years ago.

Summer Cards are dropping prices. Idiots don't understand how a market works, people are undercutting rather then waiting a few days and being able to make 5x the cash. Greed is blind

Actually I've seen a spike of 0.02-0.05 cents. A few days ago prices were ~0.15 now they are 0.17.

Skyrim is currently 0.25 cents. The only card I managed to sell is Voltar from Awesomenauts for 0.04 though.

maneil99

Here we go again. Again.

Once the majority of cards are out of the hands of idiots hopefully we see a stable market. Valve wants this too, you think they want 15% cut of 10-25 cent tranactions? No they want higher prices. Don't be suprised if we see some policy changes.

Eternia

Summer Cards are dropping prices. Idiots don't understand how a market works, people are undercutting rather then waiting a few days and being able to make 5x the cash. Greed is blind
Looking at both commons and foils, supply continues to go up. For instance, the Skyrim common was at 29,xxx a few hours earlier today, it's nearly 32,000 now. Foils have increased by about 100 for each card since last night.

It's no Civilization 5, but it's still an addiction. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-636B678FE2E97CFF - Taken by BruteUA

Looking at both commons and foils, supply continues to go up. For instance, the Skyrim common was at 29,xxx a few hours earlier today, it's nearly 32,000 now. Foils have increased by about 100 for each card since last night.

Yeah but Skyrim is the greatest PC game of all time so the value should keep getting higher!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dammit. ModBot needs to stop accepting bribes ;_; That guy hasn't even said anything to me.

Something that could be useful for the longer raffles (3h+) is for ModBot to make a post and list the winners.

Typically what we'd prefer there is for the giver to ask for a receipt and post it. Sorry if the guy who got it is sketchy. Hopefully he'll thank you.

Same goes to Stump and his beloved ModBot.

I programmed professionally for around a decade leading up to last year, but I'd been programming by the nighttime glow of a CRT since I was around 10. I wish I had some of my first QBasic code these days :/

maneil99

Actually I've seen a spike of 0.02-0.05 cents. A few days ago prices were ~0.15 now they are 0.17.

Skyrim is currently 0.25 cents. The only card I managed to sell is Voltar from Awesomenauts for 0.04 though.

Skyrim Peaked around 45 cents yesterday but the morons are at it again, and prices have fallen 30-65%

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The DLC is great. Adds 3 levels, but the 2nd one is one of the best in the entire game. Only thing I bought from the sale.

How long is it more or less? Didn't buy it mostly because most DLCs are like 1 and 1/2 hours long...

It may be on sale next week during Quakecon. Bethesda stuff was included in last years sale. Don't do something crazy like buy it full price until at least then.

Wasn't going to. :lol
I forgot about the Quakecon, was already thinking about buying it during Halloween or Christmas sales.
Not going to unistall the game then.

Sajjaja

Question about Civ 5. If I place farms and other improvements on tiles, does that prevent any resources from appearing on those tiles? I essentially own an entire continent, but only got one resource of coal..

How long is it more or less? Didn't buy it mostly because most DLCs are like 1 and 1/2 hours long...

I think I got like 6-7 hours out of it lol. It was a really satisfying DLC. But I did play it on hard so there was a lot of reloading. The first level of the DLC is really hard lol.

Tenrius

Alright guys so I'm working on some cool new Enhanced Steam features based on user feedback and suggestions. Here is a preview of the DLC page:

eyqW7zV.png

Still have more to do with it, but I think everyone will like the new changes.

Neat! How do you tag them though, just manually? That's a lot of DLC to go through, if that's the case.

Grief.exe

Question about Civ 5. If I place farms and other improvements on tiles, does that prevent any resources from appearing on those tiles? I essentially own an entire continent, but only got one resource of coal..

So when Coal, Oil, Nuclear, etc tiles spawn they can spawn under a farm. You will then have to change that improvement.

Those special resources are really rare and what makes particular games interesting.

Sajjaja

So when Coal, Oil, Nuclear, etc tiles spawn they can spawn under a farm. You will then have to change that improvement.

Those special resources are really rare and what makes particular games interesting.

Will I know that they spawn under a farm or will I have to remove the improvement first to know?

jshackles

Neat! How do you tag them though, just manually? That's a lot of DLC to go through, if that's the case.

On each individual DLC's app page there is a link to "Suggest a new category". So most of it is crowd-sourced based on those submissions.

TronLight

I think I got like 6-7 hours out of it lol. It was a really satisfying DLC. But I did play it on hard so there was a lot of reloading. The first level of the DLC is really hard lol.

Argh, regretting even more now!
I'm at the fourth mission
kidnapp Sokolov
, and I've already spent 10 hours in the game, going stealth-non lethal.
Normal setting, but I'm not buying many upgrades. Just Blink lv.2, more health and longer sprint/jump, and I just bought Bend Time lv.2, and I'm already ridiculously overpowered.
Not going to buy that wallhack upgrade, otherwise the game would play by himself...

Edit: Why didn't the spoiler work?

Grief.exe

I'm at the fourth mission [], and I've already spent 10 hours in the game, going stealth-non lethal.
Normal setting, but I'm not buying many upgrades. Just Blink lv.2, more health and longer sprint/jump, and I just bought Bend Time lv.2, and I'm already ridiculously overpowered.
Not going to buy that wallhack upgrade, otherwise the game would play by himself...

Knife of Dunwall doesn't seem very compelling, you won't be missing much.

I'll be starting up Dishonored my self very soon.

Sajjaja

I'm at the fourth mission [], and I've already spent 10 hours in the game, going stealth-non lethal.

Edit: Why did the spoiler didn't work?

I think I finished the main game in about 20 hours on Normal.

I only used Blink v2 as my super power because the achievement only using blink and no upgrading other powers and I only upgraded blink but I didn't get the achievement because you're not supposed to upgrade any powers at all D:

run on sentence much lol

but never fear, the 2nd DLC is coming soon!

TronLight

Knife of Dunwall doesn't seem very compelling, you won't be missing much.

I'll be starting up Dishonored my self very soon.

I don't know, the premises looked interesting by the description.
You play as the guy who
Framed Corvo
, although as far as I understand it's set after the fact, I would have liked it more if you were able to play as him (going to spoiler everything, you never know)
BEFORE the fact, like, while they were setting up everything, and the ending of the DLC would have been the start of the main game.

derExperte

So sad.

Edit: And the new game is so disturbing.

I think he might have something there with the new one, it looks unique and enough people like weird horror games.

Speaking of failed indie games, has someone here played Gun Monkeys? I am reluctant to buy it even after the price reduction and 2for1 thing, don't need another dead indie muliplayer game in my library. But it's from the Time Gentlemen, Please! guy, so, yeah, not sure.

And I think the The Bureau: XCOM Declassified page just went up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65930/

Has pre-order reward tiers.

Sajjaja

I don't know, the premises looked interesting by the description.
You play as the guy who
Framed Corvo
, although as far as I understand it's set after the fact, I would have liked it more if you were able to play as him (going to spoiler everything, you never know)
BEFORE the fact, like, while they were setting up everything, and the ending of the DLC would have been the start of the main game.

Believe me, how they do it is much more interesting. Once you play the rest of the main game, you'll realize why they did it the way they did.

He didn't frame Corvo, the King Reagent did. Daud is simply the assassin who killed the Empress.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been programming for about 22 years. I programmed professionally for 6 years, but that was about 6 years ago.
Oh shit. Well, there goes my dream of making a game...

I programmed professionally for around a decade leading up to last year, but I'd been programming by the nighttime glow of a CRT since I was around 10. I wish I had some of my first QBasic code these days :/
Yep, I better get into my head the fact that I'll never be more than a tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom