• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

iTunes does sales (but can't do much deeper sales on video, unfortunately the industry partners view it as an absolute non-starter) and did have a social networking platform, but you're right it could have achievements and it doesn't.
Does iTunes let you re-download stuff you've purchased or is it still customer-hostile?

Grief.exe

Alright guys so I'm working on some cool new Enhanced Steam features based on user feedback and suggestions. Here is a preview of the DLC page:

eyqW7zV.png

Still have more to do with it, but I think everyone will like the new changes.

That looks really good

Did some editing to the OP. Cleaned up the banner image, the Steam logo was pretty pixelated, updated the trusted sellers listed, and updated/added some of the icons.

Icons

iAotoVt39USUA.png
ibgXmCfPmxhQh9.png
imB8QFOBUFjAH.png

Updated Seller List

Let me know if I've missed any major ones.

Green Man Gaming
Gamers Gate
Gamestop
Get Games
Amazon
Nuuvem
Humble Indie Bundle
Indie Royale
Indie Gala

Title

Before/After
BLv8EhG.png
IIdEaZ0.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That looks really good

Did some editing to the OP. Cleaned up the banner image, the Steam logo was pretty pixelated, updated the trusted sellers listed, and updated/added some of the icons.

Let me know if I've missed any major ones.

No love for Enhanced Steam? :(

Grief.exe

No love for Enhanced Steam? :(

That never occurred to me for some reason

Will add to FAQ

If you make an enhanced Steam Thread I will make a box for the OP.

Where is your avatar from? Do you have a render for the Enhanced Steam Logo in high resolution? By render I mean, its just the logo, completely cut out and no background.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That never occurred to me for some reason

Will add to FAQ

If you make an enhanced Steam Thread I will make a box for the OP.

Also, where is your avatar from?

Thanks! I know it was in some of the previous thread's OPs. But we blew through a lot of threads during the sale. :D

The avatar is Ronon Dex from Stargate: Atlantis.

Special Giveaway Challenge!

As the name suggests, this will work in a special way.

I currently have 8 games to gift:
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon
I will explain the rules to one challenge, and the winner will get all the games! There's a catch though: they will only be allowed to pick one for themselves, and then they'll have to come up with a new challenge to elect the person who'll get the rest. That person will choose one game and present a new challenge, and it goes on until we have 10 winners. Then, a champion among the winners will be chosen, the best of the best, la crème de la crème, and they will receive one supreme ultimate gift! (a good one, not a bad
rat
surprise.) Winning one challenge disqualifies you from the others. The keys will only be given at the end.

Here is the challenge:​

In this very thread, I posted about my favorite match-3 multiplayer games from back in the day. The first person to PM me the names of that game's enemies will be the winner.

hint:
there are 3 and are distinguished by color

Good Luck!

Time until this challenge ends:
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

If you win, Accent will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)[/QUOTE]

Edit: Game's over folks, congrats to Widdly Scuds for answering Chill, Fever, and Weird -- the viruses from Dr. Mario!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
iTunes does sales (but can't do much deeper sales on video, unfortunately the industry partners view it as an absolute non-starter) and did have a social networking platform, but you're right it could have achievements and it doesn't.

My wish for a "Steam of Movies & Television" does obviously ignore the realities of the situation (like the difference between dealing with videogame companies, which have usually been some of the most progressive companies, and media companies, which are literally some of the least progressive).

However, I say it mainly because I like to imagine the weird ways in which Steam's feature-set would be adapted for movies and t.v shows. Achievements for Man of Steel or cards for Archer; how about being able to join your friends in a synced movie with integrated text and voice chat?

I know it's impractical, but damn it, a man can dream.

Grief.exe

Truly after the heart of PC gaming with this one.

I downsampled the shit out of that logo.

Thanks! I know it was in some of the previous thread's OPs. But we blew through a lot of threads during the sale. :D

The avatar is Ronon Dex from Stargate: Atlantis.

When I took over I essentially just built on the base of the old threads, I didn't remove anything.

You should make a dedicated Enhanced Steam thread, that way I could photoshop a box in the 'Steam Threads' section.

I will add it to the FAQ now.

Do you have a high-resolution render of the Enhanced Steam Logo?

jshackles

You should make a dedicated Enhanced Steam thread, that way I could photoshop a box in the 'Steam Threads' section.

I will add it to the FAQ now.

Do you have a high-resolution render of the Enhanced Steam Logo?

I guess the best place for an Enhanced Steam thread would be in the off-topic section? I've not started my own thread here before so I want to make sure I use the proper etiquette.

Also, will this logo work? It's the one that's used on Google.

FPaSWbk.png

Volotaire

I guess the best place for an Enhanced Steam thread would be in the off-topic section? I've not started my own thread here before so I want to make sure I use the proper etiquette.

FPaSWbk.png

Nah the gaming section will be very appropriate for this.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just received a Half-Life 2 boosterpack :D
Sell or unpack, hmmm...
EDIT: Unpacked the bugger. No foils though, buh. :(

Grief.exe

FPaSWbk.png

I need just the wording, and not the background, I can actually get that myself if you don't have anything available.

Gaming is the best place to start it.

Why am I still checking this thread? Post-sale Steam still has its hooks it me. Must...resist.

PC news, information, and discussion?

You've come to the best place for all three.

Added. Thanks Xel.

3phemeral

I need just the wording, and not the background, I can actually get that myself if you don't have anything available.

Gaming is the best place to start it.

PC news, information, and discussion?

You've come to the best place for all three.
I knew someone would talk some sense into me.

sibarraz

Banned
I prefer this thread over the sale ones, has less pages and the topics that are discussed are more interesting

I miss the banners and the modbots gifs though

There's also Virtua Fighter 2 and the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Is the genesis version though which... it knida sucks, but I love it since VF <3

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, apparently Rogue Legacy has a speed problem when you don't enable vsync. I was wondering why the chakram was just shooting behind me, and why chaintors were an impervious wall of blinding speed ball and chain, and why haunted paintings were a bitch to hit without taking damage.
That's nice. Consider it a lesson learned about never turning Vsync off.

Tecl0n

KOFXIII
Skullgirls
MK9
Ultra Street Fighter

only one our of four is available right now lol

I've been wondering for a while, since Ultra has the steam logo in the trailer does that mean that it's moving away from ,the now dead, GFWL? But if Ultra moves away, then the Ultra content that's supposed to come as DLC for the AE which still uses GFWL how would that work?

sibarraz

Banned
I've been wondering for a while, since Ultra has the steam logo in the trailer does that mean that it's moving away from ,the now dead, GFWL? But if Ultra moves away, then the Ultra content that's supposed to come as DLC for the AE which still uses GFWL how will it work?

I had some faith that steam could recognize that you bought arcade edition, and that somehow will let you download the whole game

Grief.exe

I've been wondering for a while, since Ultra has the steam logo in the trailer does that mean that it's moving away from ,the now dead, GFWL? But if Ultra moves away, then the Ultra content that's supposed to come as DLC for the AE which still uses GFWL how would that work?

I had some faith that steam could recognize that you bought arcade edition, and that somehow will let you download the whole game

Here is what is going to happen.

There will be two separate registry entries, one for the older Street Fighter, one for the Ultra version.
Similar to owning Fallout: New Vegas, then buying the Ultimate edition. You will lose the Fallout: New Vegas license and gain the Ultimate Edition licence.

You will be able to pay to upgrade to the Ultra version if you own the older versions. These will probably be completely separate, if you own an older version don't expect to compete against someone online with the Ultra.

They will probably stop selling the older versions of Street Fighter entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom