• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Reposting this in case people missed it.

Lot of good news out of the registry the past couple days.

STALKER CoP + SoC get a bundle, and SoC updated to reflect GSC as the publisher now, not THQ. Will probably be seeing a discount in the future.

FFVIII updated a few times today for the first time in months. Square originally added logos, languages, and icons to both FFVII and FFVIII, then started working on FFVII in earnest.

Drinkbox app updated a couple times today. They are the team behind Guacamelee, so they may getting started on that port.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I think I finished the main game in about 20 hours on Normal.

I only used Blink v2 as my super power because the achievement only using blink and no upgrading other powers and I only upgraded blink but I didn't get the achievement because you're not supposed to upgrade any powers at all D:

run on sentence much lol

but never fear, the 2nd DLC is coming soon!

Didn't know about the achievment, but all these upgrade are really OP imho.
I also found the fast choking bone charm. As soon as you press the button the enemy is gone.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cross posting from the Enhanced Steam thread because I think pretty much every Steam user has, at some point, requested this feature from me:

cxpF2uB.png

Sajjaja

I don't know, the premises looked interesting by the description.
You play as the guy who
Framed Corvo
, although as far as I understand it's set after the fact, I would have liked it more if you were able to play as him (going to spoiler everything, you never know)
BEFORE the fact, like, while they were setting up everything, and the ending of the DLC would have been the start of the main game.

Believe me, how they do it is much more interesting. Once you play the rest of the main game, you'll realize why they did it the way they did.

He didn't frame Corvo, the King Reagent did. Daud is simply the assassin who killed the Empress.

Reposted that part since you probably missed it from the bottom of the page.

Didn't know about the achievment, but all these upgrade are really OP imho.
I also found the fast choking bone charm. As soon as you press the button the enemy is gone.

Yeah, that bone charm is awesome!

TronLight

Reposting this in case people missed it.

So is Call of Prypiat finally getting a discount?

I still have to play Shadow of Chernobyl.

BTW, still waiting on Bioshock 2 to lose GFWL. :lol

Believe me, how they do it is much more interesting. Once you play the rest of the main game, you'll realize why they did it the way they did.

He didn't frame Corvo, the King Reagent did. Daud is simply the assassin who killed the Empress.

I'm curious now.

Yeah I meant that. :lol

Giveaway Over HoosTrax WinsSpecial Giveaway Challenge!

I currently have 6 games to gift:
  • Cart Life
  • Dyad
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon

I will explain the rules to one challenge, and the winner will get all the games! There's a catch though: they will only be allowed to pick one for themselves, and then they'll have to come up with a new challenge to elect the person who'll get the rest. That person will choose one game and present a new challenge, and it goes on until we have 10 winners. Then, a champion among the winners will be chosen, the best of the best, la crème de la crème, and they will receive one supreme ultimate gift! (a good one, not a bad rat surprise.) Winning one challenge disqualifies you from the others. The keys will only be given at the end.

Here is the challenge:

During the Summer Sale I was having trouble deciding between two games. One of them I won in this very contest. The other one I bought. First person to PM me what game I bought wins.

Hint:
You could say the game involves space travel.

Time until this challenge ends: First come first serve

If you win, Accent will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)

Giveaway Over HoosTrax Wins

The game I bought was To the Moon, just in case anyone was wondering.

TronLight

Yeah, that bone charm is awesome!
The first time I chocked someone after equipping it (totally forgot I did) I though "Did the game just glitch on me or something?".
Then I realized. :lol

I immediately put it into good use.
There were two guard, one in front of another, I couldn't possibly choke both, so I unloked Time Bend lv.2 and, well, choked both. Felt so powerful.
Cool thing about hoarding runes is that if you need to test some power out you can do it right away.

Let me know if I've missed any major ones.

Would Desura qualify?

Why am I still checking this thread? Post-sale Steam still has its hooks it me. Must...resist.

Because we are all so adorable and you can't help but love us?

PC news, information, and discussion?

You've come to the best place for all three.

Oh and that as well :).

Dammit. ModBot needs to stop accepting bribes ;_; That guy hasn't even said anything to me.

I know that feel :(.

DTKT

Weird, that new XCOM game doesn't strike me as a 50$ game. I've always thought it was the budget shooter spin-off.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
wt7ypNp.png
Bau3vs5.png

It annoys me how the transparency of this badge gets busted in the smaller version.

Is there a way to change the order in which they appear on your profile? I don't mean the badge showcase but the one that's always on the right of your page.

ss_lemonade

Oh shit. Well, there goes my dream of making a game...

Yep, I better get into my head the fact that I'll never be more than a tester.
Why not try something like Game Maker (or RPG Maker off steam)? I believe you could build stuff without even knowing how to code. You could probably even learn to program using their scripting languages if you have the patience to learn them

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Heh, I managed to beat DLC Quest before it dropped all the cards.

Both quests/campaigns? The game includes essentially two quests.

Fuu

I think that's ordered by most recent.
You're right, only after posting I noticed the date on that one.

Looks like I have some more crafting to do then!

edit: weird, I crafted the Sleeping Dogs and Steam Sightseer badges on later dates but that one is still showing as the last.

edit 2: actually the dates are all weird in that box, they're showing as July 13 > 20 > 17 > 14. Ah well, hopefully it will get buried eventually.

Freezard

Erm.. why did I just get another 10% off Toki Tori 2 coupon? I mean I already got two about the time summer sale started and it's not a crafting reward. I thought it was a booster :(

Badge sorting is terrible. Can I just get a tab that lists what drops I have left? Or a way to hide games I've already completed a level 1 badge on?

HoosTrax

Edit: And the winner is Fireblend!
The answer was Fortix 2

Special Giveaway Challenge!

I currently have 5 games to gift:
  • Dyad
  • Incredipede
  • Lunar Pack
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • Super Hexagon

Short version of the rules: win this challenge, pick a game, get qualified for the grand prize, and decide what the next challenge will be!
Here's a longer version.

Here is the challenge:​
Roughly three months ago, I announced in the Steam thread that I had finally gotten around to playing this game that I got during a Steam key giveaway a year prior.
- It is one of the 32 games that got badges yesterday
- It comes highly recommended by Stump (in fact, you might have seen him plug it a few times as one of the cheap overlooked gems during the Summer sale)
-
think: Jezzball

Time until this challenge ends:

If you win, Accent will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)

Acccent

Just letting everyone know that I'm going to sleep, so when HoosTrax elects a winner we'll have a (welcome) break. Half of the games have been won so the timing is perfect too.

To the winner: don't freak out if I don't get back to you immediately, I'll send you the PM tomorrow :)

edit: aw come on HoosTrax you fucked up the formatting

jshackles

jshack, you continue to amaze.

*bows*

Doing testing on the code now but all seems to be in order. This will be released in the next version.

Fuu

I literally just finished adding all my games to HLTB earlier in the afternoon. Really hope that it's temporary.
Looks like it, thankfully:
Site was taken down again... "SQL Abuse", my site has out grown my hosting service. In process of changing services...
I've purchased a dedicated server! Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1220 Quad-Core @ 3.1 GHz (3.4 Turbo Boost) with 12 GB DDR3.
https://twitter.com/HowLongToBeat
edit: wait, last month tweets. Still, maybe he's switching now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Knife of Dunwall doesn't seem very compelling, you won't be missing much.

I'll be starting up Dishonored my self very soon.

Starting up? As in you have never played it before?
If so then how can you give an opinion regarding DLC for the game that has gotten fairly impressive reviews?

I'm tired so I could have missed something in the conversation.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Starting up? As in you have never played it before?
If so then how can you give an opinion regarding DLC for the game that has gotten fairly impressive reviews?

I'm tired so I could have missed something in the conversation.

Easy, he is a gaffer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why not try something like Game Maker (or RPG Maker off steam)? I believe you could build stuff without even knowing how to code. You could probably even learn to program using their scripting languages if you have the patience to learn them
Lack of imagination. I would have liked to code something, but I'm just too old to start learning now. I know a little of Visual Basic, C++ and Java, but not enough to make something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom