• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

not working for me either. pretty sure GMG vouchers don't work when they are offering cash back or gmg credit, which is the case here

It apparently doesn't work for NA. Other regions can use it though. I'm not sure which, apparently UK and more.

I was just going to say that maybe it's a regional issue. I just opened the store and was able to apply the coupon again during checkout without issue for a 25% discount, bringing the total down to just under $34. I'm in Australia, so I guess that might be the restriction that is not letting the coupon work.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it because we get the cashback or credit option in NA, or do other regions get the voucher and cashback? That would bring it down to $25 which is insane if the bonus goals are reached.

Crayons

Banned
fw3zUhL.png

That's the best they could find? lol.

JakeD

the $12 credit actually makes it a slightly better deal than voucher, provided you spend it (shouldn't be a problem.) what do you guys think the odds of it making it to the 3rd bonus are?

Gbraga

Thought it was just some lame Poe cash-in because of The Following or something. Then tonight I randomly saw it was by the Unwritten Tales team and I purchased it immediately.

You won't regret it... I think.

Really great soundwork, nice cast and story, very intuitive (I'm not a hardcore point n click player so that's very important to me). The FMVs are choppy, but they're not that frequent, and they'll probably fix it with a patch. The game looks pretty good as well, love the art direction.

And looks like it's pretty long for an episode, around 6 hours.

EDIT: Also, it feels a lot more like Agatha Christie than Poe.

EDIT2: And it has some glitches, I thought my save was done for good, but luckly all I had to do was switch over to mouse from gamepad and click on a door and everything was fine again.

Freezard

Sigh. PC Gamer... I mean all top 100 video games lists are subjective but yeah. They could at least have picked KOTOR instead of ME. I could have bought that one.

In top 20.

Dolor

I was just Neogaf approved, so here I am trying to start this off right. Here is a copy of Darksiders that - while not the best game in existence - is certainly a worthwhile and underrated game to play.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders -- MB-0ADFEE7AE16129ED - Taken by super-famicom

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve are such trolls
Giana Sisters
KR0
Defiance
now Trine 2 :/

They had to find some way to 1-up themselves from their previous post-summer-sale Jade Empire antics.

Let me just get you started.

Top two PC games of all time are Skyrim and Mass Effect 2.

Gets the blood pressure rising.

PC Gamer published that, o man.... really shows the gap between RPS and PCGamer... I stopped going or caring about PCGamer about a year ago, I don't even read RPS articles very often, but I love their titles that pop up in rss.

Grief.exe

Stalker is looking like its next.

Hopefully kingdoms of amalur and Star Wars Franchise next.

I wonder if major sales are now for the mainstream games.

PC Gamer published that, o man.... really shows the gap between RPS and PCGamer... I stopped going or caring about PCGamer about a year ago, I don't even read RPS articles very often, but I love their titles that pop up in rss.

And Giantbomb

I was just Neogaf approved, so here I am trying to start this off right. Here is a copy of Darksiders that - while not the best game in existence - is certainly a worthwhile and underrated game to play.

I really enjoyed it on PS3. I didn't try for it so someone that hasn't played it can have it.

Caerith

Yeah I'll echo this: it's never too late to start learning. Even though I've been programming for 22 years, when I started working on Enhanced Steam I hadn't programmed something in Javascript in over 15 years. I had never before made a browser extension. I've had to learn a lot to make it do what it does.
I'll add to this: Johannes Brahms didn't start writing symphonies until he was 50. Starting to learn something at 22 is nothing.

Top 100 Overrated Games of All Time?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Opinions, man.

This one sucks. How can ME2 be ranked better than the first one, if it's much worse? (despite still being an excellent game)

Welcome to the machine jungle Steam thread. And thanks a lot for the giveaway!

yoshizzle

Nice giveaway for a great game. Welcome to GAF :)

Salsa

has the Spelunky PC exclusive daily-challenge mode been posted yet:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/23/i-can-dig-it-spelunky-pcs-daily-challenges/#more-161659

Spelunky is very, very tough. Sometimes, it’s downright mean. But it pushes you so hard because it cares. Because it wants to see you do better, maybe even excel. It can only teach you so much, though. Eventually – through perseverance, hard-earned wisdom, and spelunking deep into the hardiest reaches of your own heart – you’ll master all it has to offer. Unless… no, that’s crazy. It could never happen in a million years. But hypothetically, let’s say Spelunky added a PC-exclusive daily challenge mode. One where a single death took you out of the race, but a new adventure appeared every day. Could we engage in scandalous acts of spelunkery forever?

Yes. The answer is yes. Mossmouth revealed the new mode on its very own page of Internet, explaining that each adventure will be the same for everyone, and there’ll be leaderboards for those who perform best. The developer laid out the basics:

“One chance… each day. For guts… for glory. No excuses! Since everyone plays the same adventure during the Daily, you’ll be able to know for certain who’s the top Spelunky player in your tribe – we’ve already been having a great time competing against one another behind the scenes!”

THRILL TO THAT, WHY DON’T YOU.

But yes, this sounds like a rather magnificent idea. I don’t really think it’ll have unlimited shelf life, but there’s a lot to be said for competitive runs through a game that randomly generates all of its diabolical caverns. So then, who wants to challenge my time of yeah bring it on here I go oops fuck I’m dead wow I’m really bad at this?

I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom