• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
rlLDOsd.png

I want
Hell yes. Endless Hotline Miami...need now

Grief.exe

I really, really want Mercenary Kings, but I have so many games to play. D:

I'm waiting until its more feature complete.

Its more of a very far along proof of concept right now. It works great, but there isn't a large amount of content yet.

This may be just me, but I find it difficult to return to games down the line.

Its more of a very far along proof of concept right now. It works great, but there isn't a large amount of content yet.

I didn't know that. I know it was in an Early Access stage, but I didn't know how far along the game was.

And I'm the same, I find it incredibly hard to get back into some games after not having played them in a long time.

I just want to play Lost Planet 2 ;-;

Still not sure whether it's a Windows 8.1 issue or a Nvidia driver issue. Have talked to some people running Windows 8 who have it working but they used AMD

Deadbeat

Banned
Makes me so sad that I missed out on that, would have played the shit out of that game.

I thought Metro 2033 was great.
The problem with Last Light is they went a little too far in making the game easier. Now you can murder everyone with stealth, ammo and filters are retardely plentiful which leads to these stupid arbitrary ammo limits for some reason (I can hold all these ball bearings even though im not using them but oh no maxed out my regular 5.45 ammo) and voice actor changes annoying me even if they were kind of goofy to being with now they are different and still mediocre. Why change them then?

Its still a good romp through the woods, its just not the direction I wanted the franchise to go. Its more cod than stalker now.

Grief.exe

I didn't know that. I know it was in an Early Access stage, but I didn't know how far along the game was.

And I'm the same, I find it incredibly hard to get back into some games after not having played them in a long time.

Take that comment with a pinch of salt since I don't actually own the game. That does seem to be the consensus from a couple videos I've watched.

People in this thread seem to be very impressed with the gameplay though, and it does look very fun.
I will be buying in at a later date, no question.

The problem with Last Light is they went a little too far in making the game easier. Now you can murder everyone with stealth, ammo and filters are retardely plentiful which leads to these stupid arbitrary ammo limits for some reason (I can hold all these ball bearings even though im not using them but oh no maxed out my regular 5.45 ammo) and voice actor changes annoying me even if they were kind of goofy to being with now they are different and still mediocre. Why change them then?

Its still a good romp through the woods, its just not the direction I wanted the franchise to go. Its more cod than stalker now.

Did you try Ranger Mode? That seems to be the best way to experience the game. They may be toning down the difficulty and survival aspects to widen the playerbase. In this case, I would have no problem with that since Ranger mode is still available.

The only way to play those games is with Russian VO and English subtitles.

I think I'm coming to the point in Rogue Legacy, that I'm probably going to stop playing soon. The third boss keeps kick the shit out of me, and I'm at level 127, I believe.

Take that comment with a pinch of salt since I don't actually own the game. That does seem to be the consensus from a couple videos I've watched.

People in this thread seem to be very impressed with the gameplay though, and it does look very fun.
I will be buying in at a later date, no question.

I'm really just trying to rationalize not buying it right now actually.

Dolor

I think I'm a little too excited about the idea of FFVIII on Steam. I am not going to argue its goodness on the merits, but that was one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It would be on the very short list of day one purchases for me (assuming pricing similar to FFVII).

Believe.

Grief.exe

I think I'm a little too excited about the idea of FFVIII on Steam. I am not going to argue its goodness on the merits, but that was one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It would be on the very short list of day one purchases for me (assuming pricing similar to FFVII).

Believe.

I'll keep my eye on the registry app.

Originally, Square added languages, logos, and icons to both FFVIII and FFVII a couple months ago. Then started work on FFVII.

Now that FVII is completed, it seems that they have moved their attention to FFVIII. Lets see if the updates continue.

Remember the articles about that extremely unsuccessful Retro/Grade dude? He revealed what he's working on now: http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/7/23/4529198/neverending-nightmares-retro-grade-matt-gilgenbach and http://www.neverendingnightmares.com/ That trailer is actually a little disturbing.

Those videos...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Russian would be the way to play Metro if they bothered to subtitle side conversations and town dialogue. As is you lose out of an incredible amount of suppository information and world building.

Have they ever explained why it's "impossible" to actually subtitle the entire game?

Grief.exe

Russian would be the way to play Metro if they bothered to subtitle side conversations and town dialogue. As is you lose out of an incredible amount of suppository information and world building.

Have they ever explained why it's "impossible" to actually subtitle the entire game?

I would imagine they could run into some issues.

If you are walking through a town, you will probably here multiple conversations. If a player is moving through quickly, how do you differentiate between conversations for the sub-titles.

It could get really confusing.

Oh man, this story is absolutely brutal

Those videos...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
Damn, I didn't know all that. Now I feel bad for not getting the game during the Sale. That sounds like an indie dev's worst nightmare

And talking about nightmares, holy shit that trailer! Now that was just more unsettling and disturbing than any AAA horror game or even recent horror movies I've seen.

Well hopefully this will succeed. Probably has a wider audience than Retro/Grade. Maybe it'll end up being The Crow of indie gaming

Deadbeat

Banned
Did you try Ranger Mode? That seems to be the best way to experience the game. They may be toning down the difficulty and survival aspects to widen the playerbase. In this case, I would have no problem with that since Ranger mode is still available.

The only way to play those games is with Russian VO and English subtitles.
Ranger mode was broken when I played it. QTE prompts didnt show when I played it so you die at events without realizing its a retarded QTE. You cant see how much filters you have left as spares, etc. You could check your journal in 2033 to see everything but not in last light. What secondary do I have equipped? Who the fuck knows. Do I have nades or throwing knives?

They literally turned everything off and there was no way to see anything. Ranger in 2033 removed the hud except for your journal (which now showed all your stuff) and when you looked at your watch. Thats all gone now.

edit: widen the playerbase never works. Always ruins the game.

edit2: shouldnt have answered this before going to bed. I can elaborate better tomorrow if you still care. Read this instead.

antitrop

I've only been able to put about an hour and a half into Merc Kings since yesterday morning, but I'm already anticipating the next time I'll be able to play it.

I'm still pretty close to beating Rogue Legacy, too... Merc Kings is stealing my time away from that.

I've only been able to put about an hour and a half into Merc Kings since yesterday morning, but I'm already anticipating the next time I'll be able to play it.

I'm still pretty close to beating Rogue Legacy, too... Merc Kings is stealing my time away from that.

Yeah this is my current experience. My PC gaming time is pretty much solely split between Rogue Legacy and Mercenary Kings, although I guess with Mercenary Kings it's less "WOW THIS GAME" and more "this game will be good but goddamn time to talk about its issues on the forum a lot."

Ugh I cant even play games while I idle or my drop rate plummets

life is hard

maneil99

really hope the market picks up slightly, prices all my cards a few cents higher then the current price, made 3.60 so far, have 300 cards on the market, typed it all in, if they sell for what I listed them I'll make 130$

drizzle

Axel Hertz

The game has 60 missions and a bunch of crafting in it as well, which translates into grinding those 60 missions for materials and money (think Monster Hunter style).

The final game will have 100 missions (if they deliver on what they promised) and more features.

I don't know, I like supporting good game development. And I get a pretty featured game as well...

MercenaryCat.gif

Cat bullets

So yeah, I'll also be buying Mercenary Kings when it releases

and pay 5 bucks more than the asking price now? That's a great idea!

Grief.exe

Found an awesome image for a potential Halo PC OT

HALO_by_chinkaju.jpg

The game has 60 missions and a bunch of crafting in it as well, which translated into grinding those 60 missions for materials and money (think Monster Hunter style).

The final game will have 100 missions (if they deliver on what they promised) and more features.

I don't know, I like supporting good game development. And I get a pretty featured game as well...

What about different areas and music though? I know the game already has tons of missions, but many of them are just repeats of the same area.

Found an awesome image for a potential Halo PC OT

HALO_by_chinkaju.jpg

What about different areas and music though? I know the game already has tons of missions, but many of them are just repeats of the same area.

I think there's a version of that that doesn't have all the photoshop grunge brushes/green over it.

EDIT - yeah, it's the cover from First Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom