• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Eh, another one so soon? I guess the Workshop could be pretty good for stuff but for that price I don't know. I should really finish Revolution first or at least make the badge.

woo and indeed hoo said:
Great username by the way :D.

Oh thanks, likewise! Though mine's a bloody pain when I need to login and can't remember how to do é.

Knurek

Speaking of which... Are those games any good? I always come across the games but I've never really felt inclined to pick them up.

Depends on whether you played the Amiga originals and liked them. If yes, you can try them, otherwise you will probably think it's just another boring twinstick shooter.

64ix34i.png

:weed:

Senator Soufflé;72547536 said:
Oh thanks, likewise! Though mine's a bloody pain when I need to login and can't remember how to do é.

Thanks Senator :) I must admit I thought having a username with an 'é' in it was rather brave! You need to get that muscle memory going!

wilflare

It's the case far more often than not. :p

There's no need. Steam Mover/Tool are catered towards those wanting games spread across multiple drives.

Steam Cleaner. Keep in mind that Steam will re-download prereqs when you verify a game's cache as they're considered part of the package.

thanks guys :D
I really got to save all these info nuggets

hmm. keeping most of my games on my present HDD
the OS will go on the new SSD

louiedog

Lots of people I know now do, even the more skeptical "lol what do you buy with a few cents waste of time wutlol" at first are starting to get into cards. You can't resist the Gaben I guess.

Me, since day one of the beta: Oh wow, I'm making some money off of this card stuff.
Friends: Oh, neat. Maybe I'll check it out.
They didn't.
Sale beings.
Friends: I can make money? I'm totally idling for all of these cards to make money for the sale!
Friends then proceed to buy cards and craft badges.

KingKong

isn't Teleglitch a roguelike? this doesnt sound good

Special Offer
Purchase before July 31st and receive the Original Soundtrack plus 8 Exclusive in-game weapons and utilities!

Me, since day one of the beta: Oh wow, I'm making some money off of this card stuff.
They didn't.
Sale beings.
Friends: I can make money? I'm totally idling for all of these cards to make money for the sale!

I keep forcing myself to think that money > badges. "I want a badge for this game"...."wait...I can sell the cards for $.30 each? Done and Done"

fallout

They didn't.
Sale beings.
You're so much awesomer than your friends.

nexen

I keep forcing myself to think that money > badges. "I want a badge for this game"...."wait...I can sell the cards for $.30 each? Done and Done"

I crafted the sale badge once, just because.
But I'm not doing that again as long as the cards are around $.10 and up.
Made $15 so far, but with the sales that ends up stretching pretty far.

edit: i think the best part is that I don't have to justify the expenditure to myself when I buy a cheap game. The money was free.

Thanks Senator :) I must admit I thought having a username with an 'é' in it was rather brave! You need to get that muscle memory going!

Haha I usually just copy and paste it from somewhere else!

Played Worms Revolution again to see if I'd buy another. Probably will but I hope the AI aren't so dickish. Power shotting a bazooka backwards to hit a mine down a cliff, to blow up a barrel next to a worm to knock them into the water. Really?

nexen

Senator Soufflé;72557246 said:
Haha I usually just copy and paste it from somewhere else!

Played Worms Revolution again to see if I'd buy another. Probably will but I hope the AI aren't so dickish. Power shotting a bazooka backwards to hit a mine down a cliff, to blow up a barrel next to a worm to knock them into the water. Really?

I wonder how the AI works in that game. I wonder if it just background simulates the outcomes of firing in all directions and picks the best one.

I saw some people talking about gamesave manager.

I have a question about moving the games from one pc to another.

If I move my SteamApps folder from my old laptop to the new one I will loose all my savegames unless I use gamesave manager? I thought moving the SteamApps folder included the backups.

...and to thank pc gaming/Steam GAF for being so welcoming, helpful, generous and [mostly] free of the argumentative bs that plagues console GAF i has teh following:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-2E9BDC5197FFD9A4 - Taken by rainking187
Terraria -- MB-C15FAFB89CADA61A - Taken by Maxwood
System Shock 2 -- MB-43A0A26D7E0447EC - Taken by Kinky John - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

Sorry for the 24 hour window but I would like any GAFer that doesn't fall foul of the other stipulations to have the chance at this irrespective of their time zone.

Good luck everyone but don't despair if you miss out this time, I have two more raffles of the same games to give out in the next few days :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom