• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and to thank pc gaming/Steam GAF for being so welcoming, helpful, generous and [mostly] free of the argumentative bs that plagues console GAF i has teh following:

Sorry for the 24 hour window but I would like any GAFer that doesn't fall foul of the other stipulations to have the chance at this irrespective of their time zone.

Good luck everyone but don't despair if you miss out this time, I have two more raffles of the same games to give out in the next few days :).

Entered the Terraria one, always been curious about the game though I'm not a fan of Minecraft and the likes.

Thanks a lot for the giveaway.

Prophane33

Why are they doing this? That game was completely unmemorable.

I always thought the cover was cool.

0Fc8XeZ.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
...and to thank pc gaming/Steam GAF for being so welcoming, helpful, generous and [mostly] free of the argumentative bs that plagues console GAF i has teh following:

Sorry for the 24 hour window but I would like any GAFer that doesn't fall foul of the other stipulations to have the chance at this irrespective of their time zone.

Good luck everyone but don't despair if you miss out this time, I have two more raffles of the same games to give out in the next few days :).

Wow, great giveaway! I don't know if I should be worried by the fact that I have to skip this one because I already own all three =/

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Is there any release date for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance finalized till now? Konami is taking too much time.

marrec

Banned
Yeesh, I forgot how awful it was. Embarrassing.
I hope they use the Japanese box art for Steam.

I always thought that Sudeki boxart was awful, but now that I have something to compare it to it's downright fucking shameful.

Who agreed to that?

Freezard

Great giveaway! Already have the games though, and I feel a bit proud of actually having played one of them.

Also I remember Sudeki from the old Xbox... I really liked that game, but everyone else I've talked to seems to hate it. Is the game really coming to Steam though? I mean it was fine back then, I seriously doubt it's any good today, seeing as it is a very light-weight RPG and the genre has evolved somewhat since then.

_machine

Ugh, SS2 giveaway and I don't have even 5 posts in the last thread despite checking it daily.

I'm slightly interested in Sudeki and would love to hear more impressions from the original game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I seem to remember enjoying Sudeki. It wasn't great but it wasn't awful. If I remember correctly the magic girl who controlled like an FPS was massively overpowered though.

antitrop

I seem to remember enjoying Sudeki. It wasn't great but it wasn't awful. If I remember correctly the magic girl who controlled like an FPS was massively overpowered though.
It's not a bad game, but there nothing about it that said "play me". There were so many great PS2 and Xbox classics I had to play back then, I put like 2 hours into Sudeki and moved on to something better.

masterkajo

So I am pretty happy that The Bureau is finally available for pre-order. Unfortunately, I already own all the pre-order bonus games.

marrec

Banned
It's not a bad game, but there nothing about it that said "play me". There were so many great PS2 and Xbox classics I had to play back then, I put like 2 hours into Sudeki and moved on to something better.

Alright so why are we getting Sudeki now? Who's putting it on Steam?

masterkajo

Anyone know if you can gift the XCom pack bonus games from The Bureau: XCom declassified? They specifically say so with Spec Ops but there is no mention of it in the Tier 3 XCom pack.

Divius

Good stuff, thanks. Entered for SS2.

edit: although I do not have more than 5 posts in here, so I guess I stand little chance.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think ModBot is bugged with the lurker tag. At least it didn't work when I tried it yesterday.

As I mentioned yesterday when that occurred; the nolurker requirement does work, but some people are slipping through the cracks occasionally. I have added more debug code to figure out why and I don't have an answer at this point. People should still use it if they want to, and it is successfully keeping most claimants out.

masterkajo

I think stump said that it will work most of the time time, but occasionally a lurker can get through.

As I mentioned yesterday when that occurred; the nolurker requirement does work, but some people are slipping through the cracks occasionally. I have added more debug code to figure out why and I don't have an answer at this point. People should still use it if they want to, and it is successfully keeping most claimants out.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

I guess ModBot starts developing and decides for his own if people are eligible or not. Not long until he creates a Steam account himself and starts keeping all the codes sent to him for himself.

Catshade

3 days into collecting cards and I've earned $10 through selling foils. I usually dislike gamification like this but hey, free money is free money...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
isn't Teleglitch a roguelike? this doesnt sound good

Special Offer
Purchase before July 31st and receive the Original Soundtrack plus 8 Exclusive in-game weapons and utilities!
I thought it was shitty too, and then I read that the codes for the preorder content were being sent out separately to purchasers of the non-enhanced Desura version.

Even if that isn't how it ends up working for everyone else, the FAQ says you have to go into the options and enable RSG (random starting gear) in order to use the preorder items. So if you don't want to cheese the game, you can just leave that turned off.

Better yet, the option isn't even as broken I initially suspected: with RSG ON you start with a random item from the pool of eight. So it's not like they hand you all eight every time or even allow you to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom