• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
So I was testing out sending a gift to myself so I could send it out via ModBot and may have accidentally sent it to myself by going to the url while signed into my account. Now I seem to have a gift perpetually pending according to my notifications despite Steam telling me I have no gifts waiting to be redeemed. If someone else gets the same url, can they redeem that gift?

You can accept it, add it to your inventory, and regift it, no?

garath

What the hell are you talking about, they're actually going up. The lowest price averaged at 15-17 cents on the weekend and they're now at 20 cents. The only way you could say that price are going down is if you have no clue on how to read the median sale prices graph which shows the entire lifetime of card prices which was obviously high when they were first released.

Whoa nelly. Calm yourself.

If you read that lovely graph you are talking about, you'll see a slight bump when the summer sale ended bringing prices up into the ~.25 range. Now they're dipping again back into the .20 cent range. You are correct they are higher than they were over the weekend when cards were still dropping but they have gone down the last 24 hours after the initial bump it got when the sale ended.

And it's worth noting that there are a LOT less BEING sold. Even at the lower price.

Prophane33

So I was testing out sending a gift to myself so I could send it out via ModBot and may have accidentally sent it to myself by going to the url while signed into my account. Now I seem to have a gift perpetually pending according to my notifications despite Steam telling me I have no gifts waiting to be redeemed. If someone else gets the same url, can they redeem that gift?

As long as the game isn't added to your library I believe it's good. Worst case, you could always send it again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I ran into this myself when testing if the redemption URL would work without the redeemer portion. The URL in the e-mail will no longer work as you've used it, but the notification will go away once you've sent the gift on. You can try sending it to your own e-mail address again to receive a new token.

KarmaCow

You can accept it, add it to your inventory, and regift it, no?

That's the thing, I think Steam is borking out because I sent the gift to myself, so I have no option to redeem the gift. The notification sends me to an error page telling me I have no gifts waiting to be redeemed.

I ran into this myself when testing if the redemption URL would work without the redeemer portion. The URL in the e-mail will no longer work as you've used it, but the notification will go away once you've sent the gift on. You can try sending it to your own e-mail address again to receive a new token.

Ah alright, thanks I'll try that.

JaseC

That's the thing, I think Steam is borking out because I sent the gift to myself, so I have no option to redeem the gift. The notification sends me to an error page telling me I have no gifts waiting to be redeemed.

Clicking the link automatically redeems the gift. It's in your inventory.

Addnan

Rest of the Introversion gifts I had in the inventory.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Multiwinia -- MB-6877A496C0A88F41 - Taken by The Super Bob
Darwinia -- MB-3D76F81FC8181358 - Taken by chugen
Uplink -- MB-E5D9DF90E956378F - Taken by intheinbetween

and Jace, thanks for Trainz!

JaseC

What are all the games in the gala bundle?

PWYW:
- Miner Warfare (Desura)
- Doom & Destiny (Desura; Greenlight)
- Oniken (Desura; Greenlight)

Tier 2 (currently $3.91+):
The aforementioned plus:
- Space Pirates and Zombies (Steam)
- Exceed
- Exceed 2nd
- Two unannounced bonus games (both Steam)

Tier 3 (currently $6.45+):
The aforementioned plus:
- Exceed 3rd (Steam)
- Sacraboar (Steam; wasn't discounted during the Summer Sale)
- Trainz Simulator 12 (Steam)
- Trainz Simulator 12: Aerotrain DLC and Coronation DLC (Steam)
- Painkiller: Recurring Evil (Steam)
- Unannounced bonus game (Steam)

Tomodachi

Uhm, it's the second time already that Age of Empires 2 HD disappears from my steam library leaving all files more or less intact in the folder, it just checks them when I go and reinstall the game, it doesn't actually download anything. Is this a known problem? Googled it and didn't find a thing.

EDIT: when I say it disappears from my library I actually mean when the "installed games" filter is on.

MikeDown

Banned
The only redeeming factor about Skyrim is the soundtrack and endless mods. Bethesda released a very broken and unfinished product w/ countless glitches, bugs and errors. Nearly everything about this game is bland and uninspiring. Deeply disapoint PC Gamer.

Gbraga

Looking through the achievement list, it seems like Raven has missable stuff which really irks me. Don't care about the actual achievements, just that I'm missing part of the game in a genre that's worthless to replay.

Spoiler for 2-3 hours in:
I stopped playing when you show up outside the cruise ship. However, there's an achievement for finding the Baroness' purse. They beat you over the head that the violinist had it and he was a drunk. I swear I tried clicking everywhere around the bar area, but it never let me pick up any of the bottles until you had to build the fire (same with in the professor's room). Combine that with the pills magically disappearing out of your inventory after the train wreck, and I'm assuming all that must have tied together.

My only solace is the 5% hope that since they're both on the cruise ship (well I know the violinist was heading there, can't remember Baroness plans) that you actually solve that case there instead of on the train.

I stopped there as well, and
I solved the purse thing first because it felt like a sidequest to me, and I thought if I kept doing the one Inspector Legrand asked me to do, the story would go on and he seemed to not care a lot for the purse.

About the replayability, you're probably right, once you solve the mistery there's little fun to be had in investigating again, but maybe it may work in this episodic nature? You replay the first chapter before the second one come out to solve everything or something? I don't know, I missed
the button thing, before I talked to the person I suspect owned that button I went outside just to look like I always do (check everything before progressing) and he was gone when I got back, at first I thought I was supposed to question him outside of the train later, but I didn't get the chance and then I noticed I missed it.

chronomac

PWYW:
- Miner Warfare (Desura)
- Doom & Destiny (Desura; Greenlight)
- Oniken (Desura; Greenlight)

Tier 2 (currently $3.91+):
The aforementioned plus:
- Space Pirates and Zombies (Steam)
- Exceed
- Exceed 2nd
- Two unannounced bonus games (both Steam)

Tier 3 (currently $6.45+):
The aforementioned plus:
- Exceed 3rd (Steam)
- Sacraboar (Steam; wasn't discounted during the Summer Sale)
- Trainz Simulator 12 (Steam)
- Trainz Simulator 12: Aerotrain DLC and Coronation DLC (Steam)
- Painkiller: Recurring Evil (Steam)
- Unannounced bonus game (Steam)

How many of these would GAFers legitimately recommend?

JaseC

didamangi

Those are the only two that I've heard anything about. Might be worth the $6 or so for the two and hope the unannounced ones are good.

You could always wait for happy hour where you could get the whole bundle for around $2 or less. (Essentially someone buy in first week, get more galapoints and also Beat Tier 3 to become early buyer! On happy hour, early buyer can buy 4 gift for the price of 1 gift). There's always someone setting it up on CAG forums.

Those are the only two that I've heard anything about. Might be worth the $6 or so for the two and hope the unannounced ones are good.

SPAZ is the only game on there I'd outright recommend (the Painkiller game in the bundle is shite, as with every Painkiller game that's not the original), although I'm curious about the Exceed trilogy.

I just put 5€ into my Steam wallet and got a Summer Sale Card

hjMGgFo.png

wut

Steam and Yahoo don't seem to like each other :/. Sent three games from my inventory to one of my email accounts. Have the emails from Steam turned up in my inbox yet? Have they fuck! *sigh* [/FirstWorldProblems]

Fireblend

Banned
Thanks for the suggestion/link. I just finished it. What a great read. Is that his only work you'd recommend, or do you have other suggestions if I enjoyed it?

As I said, his short story collections are incredible. The Aleph and Fictions are his most well-known collections.

Some of my favorite stories by his (other than this one, of course) are "The Library of Babel", "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" and "The House of Asterion". Either way, Borges stuff is always brilliant. You´re welcome at the "What are you reading?" thread in the OT anytime you want to discuss his stuff. Borges is always well received there :)

Knurek

SPAZ is the only game on there I'd outright recommend (the Painkiller game in the bundle is shite, as with every Painkiller game that's not the original), although I'm curious about the Exceed trilogy.

2nd and 3rd Exceed games are great, only slightly below Jamestown when it comes to shmups on Steam.

antitrop

Just saw a steam achievement for Indie Game: The Movie: The Game :p

I think they're releasing special edition today, like with extra footage and shit.

I just watched the original a few days ago and enjoyed it. Despite its painful melodrama, I really enjoyed it, I want to watch the extra content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom