• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Deadly Premonition will be an instabuy. Never played it before.

I'm hoping for people to like the game. I believe it's a bit love-hate relationship for some but this game, played in a Winter with a nice cup of warm Coffee while raining outside... Oh man.

Yeah, about that Giana Sisters update.

Sidherich [developer] 31 minutes ago

Sorry. That update was a mistake. I was trying to get the dependencies sorted out to add Visual Studio 2010 runtime support as it became needed right now. Didnt think it would prompt a download that big. Since this will have no effect on the game I will undo the change for now and think of a way to have a smaller patch size.

The game is solid, if not a bit cheap on production. Understandable for a game that only barely met it's funding goal. But everything with this game that happens outside the games levels is kind of a mess. Still game so far has great gameplay and I would say it was well worth the money.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Deadly Premonition and A Hat In Time, woohoo! This is great news! :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Keyboard edged out controller for me by the time I was going for Hexagonest. I could barely beat the second one with a controller. I can't play it all on my phone.
I found the mouse to be the most precise way of controlling it. It didn't feel right with keyboard.

Prophane33

Deadly Premonition coming to steam? Awesome. Now I don't feel so bad about only playing an hour of my 360 copy (I liked it but was busy...blah blah blah don't like playing games on 360...etc.).

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut YESSSSSSSSSSS

btw got this message from the marketplace:

Under Internal Revenue Code section 6050W, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires us to determine whether you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien before permitting you to sell more than 200 items in the community market in a single calendar year.

damn cards lol

AlexBasch

Borderless windowed at the display's resolution is what you want. It means that the game appears full screen but is in a window so it won't minimize when you do something else. Not all games support it.
Oh bummer. Guess that's better than nothing then. :) Thanks!

I'm hoping for people to like the game. I believe it's a bit love-hate relationship for some but this game, played in a Winter with a nice cup of warm Coffee while raining outside... Oh man.

I wonder if more people would be for or against mods or options that would make the game control better. Essential part of the charm/love-hate relationship with the game? Or just a barrier to more people discovering and falling in love with DP?

Dolor

I had some codes lying around from an old THQ bundle. Some pretty good games in there.

RIP THQ. We hardly knew ye. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-7648E91A22A6C492 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Darksiders, Red Faction Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes plus DLC -- MB-F7276C68E863A2CD - Taken by BruteUA
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-5FF22299A47F686A - Taken by Darkroronoa
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War -- MB-F8A3DB79477275A3 - Taken by maneil99

What's not to like? lol... There's no drawback from that...

makes the other sales seem to lose their luster. Eventually, everything will just run together and these huge sales they have aren't a big deal anymore.

Yes, from a consumer aspect there isn't anything to not like.

I found the mouse to be the most precise way of controlling it. It didn't feel right with keyboard.

I started with mouse and didn't like it. But I've hit a wall, so I may as well give it another chance.

Giveaway. Mystery game is Hoard. Contain your excitement.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome Total War -- MB-F61047014E319169 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E3A1AEE7C3E33885 - Taken by HoosTrax
Greed Corp -- MB-020FD01FCB190709 - Taken by Kipp
Killing Floor -- MB-C46D994B2DF703AB - Taken by sprinkles

louiedog

Phil Fish steam trading cards for Indie Game the Movie? This feels so meta.

89sKWyI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom