• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

Watching Indie Game: The Movie through Netflix now. Phil is kinda awesome even though he said the thing about PC and spreadsheet.
I met him at PAX 2011 and he was really nice. We talked about Steam and he bemoaned his XBLA deal, which prevented him from getting his game out on a platform where his "contemporaries" were making quite a bit of money. Also talked some game design and technical stuff.

fantomena

I met him at PAX 2011 and he was really nice. We talked about Steam and he bemoaned his XBLA deal, which prevented him from getting his game out on a platform where his "contemporaries" were making quite a bit of money. Also talked some game design and technical stuff.

I like that he is not afraid to express his opinion on Twitter about stuff. Not many indie devs would rage against for example Microsoft like he has done.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Tropico 3 looks really nice, even more considering it's already four years old. :/
Nice atmosphere!

I like that he is not afraid to express his opinion on Twitter about stuff. Not many indie devs would rage against for example Microsoft like he has done.
Not many? Most of them do, regardless if they actually had issues with Microsoft or not, because it's a sexy headline that sensationalist gaming rags and forums will post about without question.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit Monk, I was saving that reference for when I won something next :(

KuGsj.gif
Can I claim the javadots' bragging act?

froliq

Inventory clean up, trying ModBot with steamgifts. Take these shitty games!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV (no expansions) -- MB-726B17CD3579159A - Taken by louiedog
Magicka -- MB-47D1816B9C0D18C7 - Taken by 73V3N

Dolor

I wholeheartedly disagree with the characterization of Civilization IV as a "shitty game". That is one of the finest 4X strategy games ever crafted.

Nice giveaway though! :)

louiedog

Thanks for Civ!

Unfortunately I'm getting an error when trying to redeem it.

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was a problem redeeming the gift. Please try again later, or contact Steam Support for assistance.

It may just be on Steam's end so I'll try again in a bit.

Anyone want some coupons? Limbo and Tropico 4 - 50% off coupons, Ultratron 75% off coupon, and Toki Tori 2+ 10% off. I'm not going to use them and they expire soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Toki Tori 2+ coupons are valid until next June, IIRC. They also stack with a pre-existing discount.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
PES being GFWL would be pretty hilarious, you have to admit. It'd cut off a lot of their target audience: people who claim to be from made-up countries in South America.

Salsa

PES being GFWL would be pretty hilarious, you have to admit. It'd cut off a lot of their target audience: people who claim to be from made-up countries in South America.

FIFA is actually better than PES now. I think the reason people still might buy PES is because it's on steam instead of Origin, so if they introduce GFWL then yeah you could count urgay out

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah

uruguay

what kind of made up name is that

FIFA is actually better than PES now. I think the reason people still might buy PES is because it's on steam instead of Origin, so if they introduce GFWL then yeah you could count urgay out
for me and my friends it's a general love for pes, just seeing all the differences every year, how fixed bugs come back from the grave and general goofiness around how shitty it still is for whatever reason.

I mean I've been playing this shit ever since I'm like 8 and my stepbrother gifted me a pirated all japanese teams winning eleven game

also fifa doesn't recognize my friends' shitty third party controllers so good and it's hell on earth to manually set them up (and runs like shit on my friend's pc)

Salsa

it's the truth dude

to be fair, it's good because they pretty much stole everything good from PES 8 onwards

yeah

uruguay

what kind of made up name is that

for me and my friends it's a general love for pes, just seeing all the differences every year, how fixed bugs come back from the grave and general goofiness around how shitty it still is for whatever reason.

I mean I've been playing this shit ever since I'm like 8 and my stepbrother gifted me a pirated all japanese teams winning eleven game

also fifa doesn't recognize my friends' shitty third party controllers so good and it's hell on earth to manually set them up (and runs like shit on my friend's pc)

dude, playing "la winning" is still very much the tradition, but FIFA got better, and got them beat

also its weird, in my own experience everyone still plays PES 8 on PS2 in Uruguay and Argentina but if you go to say.. Chile, everyone's playing FIFA

I sat in a house in Santiago with 6 other people and wanted to play PES and everyone was like "wtf" and put in FIFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom