• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

I posted this in the B/S/T thread, but if anyone has an extra copy of Indie Game The Movie on the cheap I'd love to take it off your hands.

Edit: Thanks to Vanlock for the key!

-NeoTB1-

GAF, I made a huge mistake. I didn't jump on Dark Souls when it was so cheap during the summer sale. Go ahead. Mock me. Tar and Feather me. I deserve it. :(

The_Monk

GAF, I made a huge mistake. I didn't jump on Dark Souls when it was so cheap during the summer sale. Go ahead. Mock me. Tar and Feather me. I deserve it. :(

I won't hate and I won't mock you. That is not the way but you should get it next time that is is on sale, fellow GAFfer.

WTF, not only does it have cards but I just noticed it has achievements as well, lol

Does everything need achievements now? I'm ok with achievements in games but movies... :/

They added quite a while fellow GAFfer, but there was no description in them. Oh well.

Funny how everybody was waiting for the sale to end to start the new indie bundles.
New bundlestars strategy:

$3
Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
Earth 2160
Patrician IV Steam Special Edition
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
Restaurant Empire 2

All Steam

Kinda sorta thinking about it...though on the other hand I have so many games to play from the Steam sale I should probably lay off of some of these bundles.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Man, I don't mean to link this so many times because it feels like self-promotion, but we've still gotten a number of basic questions about cards today, so: I wrote a general info post about trading card stuff. I intended it to be a useful resource, so if it's not helpful, drop me any suggestions you've got so I can try to improve it.

They really shoud be spreading new card releases outside of the sale.
Yeah.

Makes it tougher for traders to match up haves and wants. I'm watching people in the TC thread just throw their hands up and sell then buy on the market simply because it's more convenient and faster than parsing through long lists, sending friend requests and getting together to trade.

Sellers get the shaft too, to an extent. The more different cards are on the market, the more the buyer has to choose from; most buyers have priorities and favorites so hot cards get snatched up and the others collect dust—leading impatient sellers to slash prices on slightly-less-popular stuff that might have gotten noticed in a smaller market.

poros1ty

What are the metrics you're pulling from? They're varying so wildly by game I'm not seeing how you can generalize the entire market at the moment.

Foils come from regular card drops. They're used to craft the foil versions of badges.

Pretty sure he is referring to the summer cards.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xelios, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cargo Commander -- MB-B4CDA48C23444C83 - Taken by StopMakingSense
Earth 2160 -- MB-B32BF28AA4742C3F - Taken by RibbedHero
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-05E9598352498F00 - Taken by statham
Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition -- MB-3D6EA7FEB6673CA6 - Taken by DTKT
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-6171423E3C13F202 - Taken by nightstorm
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-8703CE84F98A7D00 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition -- MB-FC85188BEAF69831 - Taken by Blablurn
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-281314AB0DC5B843 - Taken by Cth
Zeno Clash -- MB-5322600C32629476 - Taken by csquared587

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It can't be long until I can get cards and achievements for watching Saoirse Ronan's movies on Steam.

maty

They added quite a while fellow GAFfer, but there was no description in them. Oh well.

Yeah, I might have read something about it but didn't pay much attention to it. And since I downloaded the movie from the Humble Bundle, I never checked.

DTKT

I meant mostly the normal Summer Sale cards. They are down to pre-end prices, around .16 to .18 cents. Foil have also dropped in price, Skyrim is down to 3.50 from almost hitting 5 yesterday.

We usually do in the PC games market. Most games are £29.99 or less.

Yup, the UK has the cheapest PC games. If you include PC retail it's incredible how cheap PC games can be. I don't think I've bought a retail PC release on day one for more than £24.

jediyoshi

I meant mostly the normal Summer Sale cards. They are down to pre-end prices, around .16 to .18 cents. Foil have also dropped in price, Skyrim is down to 3.50 from almost hitting 5 yesterday.

With that kind of day by day analysis, you could've walked away just Monday thinking prices would've continued to rise :p

Every summer foil I've undercut and sold all goes for higher prices now, only thing I'm thinking is I should've held onto mine just a bit longer

DTKT

With that kind of day by day analysis, you could've walked away just Monday thinking prices would've continued to rise :p

Every summer foil I've undercut and sold all goes for higher prices now, only thing I'm thinking is I should've held onto mine just a bit longer

I guess it depends when you did undercut, if you did buy your stock in the middle of the Summer for 1.50 average, then there is a good chance that you will make a profit. I bought mine relatively late, thinking it would go higher. Seems I was wrong.
Though, you are right, day by day analysis is kind of pointless.

Anyone want Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -50% coupon?

Some free games to sweeten the deal:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Patrician IV -- MB-5E1C38BAEF6B9782 - Taken by georaldc
Restaurant Empire 2 -- MB-20D8E9DEA85B24DD - Taken by YianGaruga
Earth 2160 -- MB-B06E5DE78EC4FD8E - Taken by throwawayname

marrec

Banned

The market is bound to fluctuate as less patient speculators list their inventories. At the end of the sale Skyrim cards were down to 27k, now they're back up above 35k.

fallout

The number of cards on the market went up, as well. I think a lot of people saw the prices going up and thought they would cash in. When the cards didn't sell, the prices started going down again.

DukeBobby

Yup, the UK has the cheapest PC games. If you include PC retail it's incredible how cheap PC games can be. I don't think I've bought a retail PC release on day one for more than £24.

GMG and SimplyGames usually have the cheapest prices. I'll probably be able to get Splinter Cell for about £20 on release, if I'm lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom