• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends when you did undercut, if you did buy your stock in the middle of the Summer for 1.50 average, then there is a good chance that you will make a profit. I bought mine relatively late, thinking it would go higher. Seems I was wrong.
Though, you are right, day by day analysis is kind of pointless.

Someone needs to make a steam market ticker

Makes it tougher for traders to match up haves and wants. I'm watching people in the TC thread just throw their hands up and sell then buy on the market simply because it's more convenient and faster than parsing through long lists, sending friend requests and getting together to trade.

*cynic mode hat on*

Quite possible that Valve totally knows this. When buying and selling cards instead of trading a very small amount of money funnels back to Valve and the developer. It's in Valve's best interests to push buy / sell convenience at the expense of trading. As an individual it's usually not worth your time to seek out trades only to save pennies. But when you add up all those pennies it involves real profit for Valve.

Note that I don't consider this that bad of a thing, I mean, it's all totally optional stuff here. But I would speculate that something like the above would be true.

Salsa

I feel like Oniken should have hit Steam already

pretty sure everyone owns it from some bundle and forgot

I wonder if the fact that it looks exactly like Ninja Gaiden has anything to do with that

its on greenlight still, but since then the devs have put some other game up on greenlight as well and kinda "gave up"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I don't mean to link this so many times because it feels like self-promotion, but we've still gotten a number of basic questions about cards today, so: I wrote a general info post about trading card stuff. I intended it to be a useful resource, so if it's not helpful, drop me any suggestions you've got so I can try to improve it.
That's a really well-written and helpful post. It should be added to the OP.

Sianos

Just finished up my (mostly) low chaos run of Dishonored. Got the good ending, went for a pretty much no-kill run, barring a few exceptions for some truly evil people like *ENDGAME SPOILERS*
Granny Rags, who was stuffed in her furnace as an eternal torture for her crimes, Admiral Havelock, who was returned to the sea after murdering everyone,
and the guard from Coldridge Prison who spat in that one dude's food. RIGHTEOUS.

My end time was about twenty hours, almost double the length of what I was told, although that might just be my Slowpoke nature showing through. Fantastic game, time to indulge in some DLC and possibly a high chaos run.

BruteUA

Hope I don't ruin any pending 3-pack purchase arrangements.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-204646E5CB3F63D3 - Taken by The_Monk

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Patrician IV -- MB-786C19BD7D61D987 - Taken by DukeBobby
Trying out some of Modbot's new functions, just for the heck of it! :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I remember when card prices were good for like 2 days.

Now it seems like 20 minutes.

I really can't be bothered with this shit...

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I wonder if the fact that it looks exactly like Ninja Gaiden has anything to do with that

its on greenlight still, but since then the devs have put some other game up on greenlight as well and kinda "gave up"

Oh jesus, Ninja Gaiden? All over my face please.

Good thing I'll be buying the new indie gala once it reaches happy hour status..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember when card prices were good for like 2 days.

Now it seems like 20 minutes.

I really can't be bothered with this shit...

I wish foils drops were still limited to those with profiles level 10 or higher.

What exactly is this happy hour thing i hear so much about on indie gala?

Who could explain it better than the folks from indie gala themselves!

During the happy hour HIGH TIER gift purchases are discounted ( gifts are purchases made with the "Is it a gift" checkbox selected ) You have to do a NEW gift purchase during HappyHour time to take advantage of this offer ( even if you previously bought the current IG bundle ). Happy Hour is a moment during the bundle in which when you buy a HIGH TIER* gift, you have bonus (read as free) HIGH TIER* gift(s) whose numbers depend on when you ( and if you ) ALREADY purchased the bundle HIGH TIER* . If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle during the 1st week, during an Happy Hour you'll be able to purchase 1 gift and receive 1 + 3 gifts. If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle after the 1st week, you'd receive 1+2 HIGH TIER* gifts. If you didn't purchase yet the HIGH TIER* bundle, you'd get 1+1 HIGH TIER* gifts. Remember to check the GIFT checkbox to get advantage of HappyHour. * If the sale has 2 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 2. If the sale has 3 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 3. Weekly bundles does NOT have HappyHour

lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What exactly is this happy hour thing i hear so much about on indie gala?

Every now and then, Indie Gala does a "Happy Hour" promotion.

What this means is:

If you bought the bundle on the first week of it's release and beat the average, you have the opportunity of buying a gift of said bundle (for, let's say, 6 dollars) and you'll get FOUR gifts.
If you bought the bundle after the first week of it's release and beat the average, you have the opportunity of buying a gift of said bundle (again, for 6 dollars) and you'll get THREE gifts.
If you didn't buy the bundle at all, you have the opportunity of buying a gift of said bundle (again, for 6 dollars) and you'll get TWO gifts.

So, in other words: Don't buy the bundle, wait for the happy hour, gift one of the gifts to yourself and the other to any of your friends/gift it to yourself again and give the keys away on GAF or be a dick about it and sell after the bundle has ended.

Edit: I miss the good times when we could pay 1 dollar for the bundle on the first week and qualify for the "first week" prize. Good times!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aw man, the card market crashed? :(

I'll still hold onto my summer sale cards/Bioshock Infinite foil. Maybe they'll rise again before the winter sale. I'm in no hurry.

Nillansan

If they get Odallus green lit, would that bring Oniken out of its Greenlight limbo?

The_Monk

Look like I won Trine 2 fellow GAFfer, thank you!

However, I have no idea what this game is so I traded for Rage.*

This was a reference, I would never do that.

Fireblend

Banned
Look like I won Trine 2 fellow GAFfer, thank you!

However, I have no idea what this game is so I traded for Rage.*

This was a reference, I would never do that.

Damnit Monk, I was saving that reference for when I won something next :(

KuGsj.gif

Salsa

If you're wondering if it's worth it, watch the full movie on Netflix. I think I'm going to buy it soon.

the special edition is on netflix?

I already watched the original, actually got a copy by talking with those stereotypically nice canadian people through email to screen in a school here before it came out :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GAF, I need your help:
What's the fastet way to get CS:GO cheap for a frriend?

I was going to suggest asking Dunder for a copy, but I don't think he takes requests now that he uses a Google Docs spreadsheet to handle orders.

chronomac

the special edition is on netflix?

I already watched the original, actually got a copy by talking with those stereotypically nice canadian people through email to screen in a school here before it came out :)

No, just the original. I'm just saying you can watch it immediately (if you have Netflix) before deciding on the special edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom