• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards for Giana Sisters added?

You guys might have discussed this while I was

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-223220

120x140f
120x140f

lol nice timing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thank you YianGaruga, Epicine and HoosTrax for allowing me to waste even more money (I stole that from you Yian, hope that's ok)

Yay, sprites!

I also bought Giana Sisters because, well... fuck it.

There are over 30,000 of each on the market so, probably a long while.

I was being silly with that comment :p

Tempted to craft a badge with them. I have 17. Even if I could sell them all for a total of $10, I wouldn't bother, and that seems extremely unlikely.

HoosTrax

Ok let's see if this works...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-E3851271D4F30361 - Taken by nacimento
The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-241CB938D525E9B9 - Taken by statham
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-4896A075C936BE6C - Taken by nightstorm
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-EE9E138DD61FCB2D - Taken by snack
Cargo Commander -- MB-198406F561B4CF9F - Taken by The Wizard
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-CE08D994C0CA176D - Taken by Cth
Avernum: Escape From the Pit -- MB-99FA54C832845263 - Taken by Kifimbo

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Giana Sisters is definitely worth it.
Although you'll want to stick with the easier difficulties on your first play-through.

The game has some really hardcore difficulties I can't imagine anyone would have fun with. They're the kind where when you die you have to start THE ENTIRE GAME OVER.
Yeah, I stopped playing at the first boss because it kicked my ass repeatedly. Great game, and one I'd like to master.

Thank you YianGaruga, Epicine and HoosTrax for allowing me to waste even more money (I stole that from you Yian, hope that's ok)

Yay, sprites!

Thanks to you for organizing this, because I had that feeling that I didn't spend enough during the sale and this was just what I needed.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Grief.exe

The games being available wasn't the issue; they just weren't discounted.

I know, but if they are adding in a new bundle then there is a good possibility that they are in contact with the IP owner.

If games are bundled, usually there is some kind of discount applied to the entire bundle. Valve has to get permission to authorize such a discount.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A new version of Enhanced Steam just got sent to Google so you guys should be getting it within the hour. Version 3.9.8.

• Updated French translation
  • Added Italian translation
  • Added Portuguese translation
  • Fixed bugs associated with Summer Sale ending
  • Fix another bug where German store showing Tages DRM incorrectly

Cheddahz

Banned
I think my favorite game(s) I picked up during the Summer Sale have to be Euro Truck Simulator 2 and The Secret World, haven't really played (or downloaded) the other games I bought yet

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know, but if they are adding in a new bundle then there is a good possibility that they are in contact with the IP owner.

If games are bundled, usually there is some kind of discount applied to the entire bundle. Valve has to get permission to authorize such a discount.

If GSC and bitComposer were still arguing over who owns what, the Stalker games would have disappeared months ago (Valve is overly vigilant -- perhaps to fault -- about these matters), and they weren't the only examples of previous sale participants given the cold shoulder this Summer Sale.

Prophane33

I actually spent most of my day so far PLAYING games instead of reading about them and/or buying them. The sale is truly over.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
There are over 30,000 of each on the market so, probably a long while.
Turnover has been quite high, though. So far today some 3500 cards are being sold per hour. (That's per card type, not across all cards.) Obviously that's an unusual level of demand -- during most of the sale it was closer to 1000.

I'm quite curious how long the market will remain at around 30k listings per card.

Grief.exe

If GSC and bitComposer were still arguing over who owns what, the Stalker games would have disappeared months ago (Valve is overly vigilant -- perhaps to fault -- about these matters), and they weren't the only examples of previous sale participants given the cold shoulder this Summer Sale.

I was referring to contacting the IP owner and authorizing a discount.

They would have had to if they are planning to add this bundle officially to the store. And that contains a possibility of a future discount as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom