• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually spent most of my day so far PLAYING games instead of reading about them and/or buying them. The sale is truly over.

I'm going to wait about a week before I go back to idling in hope that the drop rates will have returned to normal. I'll probably return to Just Cause 2 tomorrow, even though Van Helsing and Under the Ocean have been beckoning.

Grief.exe

I feel like i've emerged from a dream

welcome back to the bland life steam thread

ilCascbufrEo6.png

FACE

Banned
I actually have been playing Sleeping Dogs and Chivalry a lot these past days. It's a strange feeling, but not an unpleasant one I have to say.

JaseC

I was referring to contacting the IP owner and authorizing a discount.

They would have had to if they are planning to add this bundle officially to the store. And that contains a possibility of a future discount as well.

I know. I'm just saying that the fundamental rights are obviously still in place and so there being a pack doesn't mean anything other than serving as a confirmation of the existence of said pack. :p

Grief.exe

I hope that guy got paid for that.

There is a good chance he didn't

Night Dive Studios has shown in the past that they don't compensate community members for their work.

I know. I'm just saying that the fundamental rights are obviously still in place and so there being a pack doesn't mean anything other than serving as a confirmation of the existence of said pack. :p

You know two things about me, I like circumstantial evidence and I am always very optimistic.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
holy hell, Mercenary Kings is a much deeper game than I though.

I'll admit, I didn't do much research on it after I noticed the kickstarter ended. All I knew it was drawn by the same dude that made Scott Pilgrim. I thought it was a simple, yet beautiful Metal Gear clone.

I didn't know there was this entire crafting system and store buy/sell system. Jesus.

I'm glad I managed to buy this.

Enco

We now move on with our lives

We ignore our serious purchasing issues that in the real world would require an intervention. We will live in ignorance until the next sale when the beast inside rises.

KarmaCow

Do they plan on increasing the price for Mercenary King when it's complete? For some reason I thought it was that other game where you play as movie action heroes with bro names.

antitrop

Which is why "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light" was such an excellent game.
I agree, that was really excellent.

I'll admit, I didn't do much research on it after I noticed the kickstarter ended. All I knew it was drawn by the same dude that made Scott Pilgrim. I thought it was a simple, yet beautiful Metal Gear clone.

I didn't know there was this entire crafting system and store buy/sell system. Jesus.

Yup, it's way better than it looks at first glance and considering that it's a "Pre-release" I hope they can continue to improve the game beyond just "more missions!".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

What? A game drawn by Bryan O'Malley? The Scott Pilgrim fan in me wants to get this game, even though I had never heard of it until this post.

Tame

So this is what the inside of a non sale gaf-steam thread looks like.

Mind if I grab a pew while I nurse my battered wallet back to health

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I won't make it through a fraction of these games by the fall sale.
New metagame: count how many games bought on this sale you haven't even launched once by the time the Halloween sale begins. The winner gets a copy of Bad Rats.

I'll let you decide if the winner is the person with the highest or lowest number.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what Giana Sisters is, but I'll buy pretty much anything for 80% off!
It's a sort of sequel to the best Commodore 64 game (which at first looked like a Super Mario Bros copycat, but in fact it ended up being better).

New metagame: count how many games bought on this sale you haven't even launched once by the time the Halloween sale begins. The winner gets a copy of Bad Rats.

I'll let you decide if the winner is the person with the highest or lowest number.

More incentive not to play them so I can win!

iavi

For some reason, it seems like a ton of new unknown apps were added to the registry. Seems like some were waiting for the sale to end, or Valve didn't want any new entries while it was going on--I have no clue.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What? A game drawn by Bryan O'Malley? The Scott Pilgrim fan in me wants to get this game, even though I had never heard of it until this post.
No. Paul Robertson, who was the art director of the Scott Pilgrim game.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I didn't click that link since I know his URL by heart but what's on it today is prooooobably NSFW.

Acccent

End of the first challenge!

On my right, PorkWing, whose entry redefined beauty:

On my left, maneil99, who submitted this incredible piece of art:

PorkWing's painting is a bit more aesthetically pleasing; the balance between both sides of the picture strengthen the contrast between us mere gaffers and the omnipotent Valve employee. On the other hand, maneil99's drawing does represent more accurately, and with a welcome touch of humour, the events that unfolded in the Steam Sale threads... this is a fierce battle.

The winner is... PorkWing :)
I'm PMing you!

Ardvent

I agree, that was really excellent.

Yup, it's way better than it looks at first glance and considering that it's a "Pre-release" I hope they can continue to improve the game beyond just "more missions!".

I thought it looked familiar, happen to be any 4-packs going on?

Papytendo

I guess I'll start posting here, since I hate most of the threads here (the ones involving Nintendo or Sony), and making failing attempts at first post wins gets tiresome.

So who here likes to play video games?

How long were you sleeping for?

Admittedly, that game wasn't a featured discount so, unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't have seen the deal.

I am an usher for a movie theater so I get home like 12:30 at night and im dog tired. I woke up at 8am next day.

JaseC

I guess I'll start posting here, since I hate most of the threads here (the ones involving Nintendo or Sony), and making failing attempts at first post wins gets tiresome.

Playing games can sometimes prove to be an enjoyable alternative to idling for cards.

Much to my wife's chagrin, I am a GAFer. I just like to buy them. Who has time to play them?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I mean, the dude(s) who made the Scott Pilgrim game graphics on Consoles.

I don't know who they are, per say... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom