• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Cleaned my Wishlist, back to 10 and only 10 Wishlist games to look for, going to start some Backlog cleaning very soon. Another journey while we wait for the next Steam Sale side by side with the best Community.

For those who love gaming, we could not ask for better, we are lucky to have such a nice place to hang out.

Tenrius

ilCascbufrEo6.png

Shouldn't it be vice-versa?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll start posting here, since I hate most of the threads here (the ones involving Nintendo or Sony), and making failing attempts at first post wins gets tiresome.

So who here likes to play video games?
If you hear crickets, it's because you're on the Steam thread. Playing games is for fools.

Now, if you want to discuss buying games then you've come to the right place. Have a seat, and we'll talk about sales and bundles and price mistakes while we drink some tea.

Can't wait to get home and play some Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm dying to drive a truck on the highway under the rain again like I did on the demo.

Uiki

Lame. Bought CS:GO and I can't connect to any server.

I keep getting "Check your internet connection".

Stupid question: Steam ports open?

The are some issues due to the increase number of players after the sale.

Are you trying MM or community servers?

edit: it doesn't load the main menu info/profile/rank stuff for me. Server crash maybe.

denx

I guess I'll start posting here, since I hate most of the threads here (the ones involving Nintendo or Sony), and making failing attempts at first post wins gets tiresome.

So who here likes to play video games?

You came to the wrong thread bro.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I suppose that depends on how much you spend during sales. ;)

Oh gee thanks, Valve for two 10% off Toki Tori 2 coupons...

I'm reasonably certain Two Tribes handed them out to everybody who owned Toki Tori. I didn't redeem a key from the recent Two Tribes HSW so I was worried that I'd miss out on the coupons, but they later appeared when I restarted Steam.

Edit: Also, they stack, so you may want to hold on to them.

fleck0

What is the progression of the characters and crafting in Mercenary Kings? Are you bringing things between missions and getting stronger to take on harder missions? Or is it more of a score attack.

Mostly curious about how much fun it is solo or if it really needs a coop partner to shine

The_Monk

Can't wait to get home and play some Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm dying to drive a truck on the highway under the rain again like I did on the demo.

You end up getting it fellow GAFfer? We need to talk about that game then good sir! ;)

Also, someone on Steam "called" ChuckNorris added me. Only a couple of games, one of his/her friend is a Level 100 and we have no friends or groups in common. I don't like mystery people!

Grief.exe

ibbmMgPdOFk1NI.gif

Never.

The Steam thread is full of high-class individuals with discerning opinions and educated discussions.

Some pages of the Sale thread I literally thought I had stumbled into a crack den. The things people were saying, the opinions people have, members taking advantage of the giveaways
Disgusted me on a certain level, especially the latter.

I'm in this bubble though, where I don't see the other side of GAF unless I stumble into a PC vs Next-Gen console thread.
Steam Sale brought that side of GAF into my vision for an extended period of time. I'm truly glad I don't have to see that again until later in the year...or when I stumble into various threads http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631041

Even The Monk was angered a few times. If that happens, you know our community has a serious problem in some respects.

Milamber

I have just took out a huge loan, bought and expanded my garage in Euro Truck Simulator 2, hired 2 hot female drivers, bought 3 hot entry level Volvo's and sent them on their merry money making way!

Awwww yeaaaaah! Mah bitches be makin' me some honey! But WTF, I can't have hot pink painted cabs. Time to look for some paint mods.

Papytendo

Is Euro Truck Sim that good? Might pick it up next time it goes on sale, and break out the PlayStation 2 steering wheel for it.

Back to good ole' everyday Steam :( :)

Got 17 new games waiting for me back home, the anticipation is killing me...

So has anyone tried Mercenary Kings?

New metagame: count how many games bought on this sale you haven't even launched once by the time the Halloween sale begins. The winner gets a copy of Bad Rats.

I'll let you decide if the winner is the person with the highest or lowest number.

Yes an incentive to play not play games! Does idleing for cards count?

r3n4ud

Nice to get back to good ol' normal Steam thread!

I imagine the lurkers will vanish until next sale rolls around.

If you hear crickets, it's because you're on the Steam thread. Playing games is for fools.

Now, if you want to discuss buying games then you've come to the right place. Have a seat, and we'll talk about sales and bundles and price mistakes while we drink some tea.

I feel like I missed out on truck driving simulator. Will have to keep an eye out next sale. Damn you guys for making Mundane Job Simulator seem like something I want to buy

maneil99

I'm getting my ass kicked in Rogue Legacy. I've died 4 times in 15 minutes lol.

your making me jealous, I had no idea starforge was so barebones, when I tried it like a year ago it had more content WTF. Apperently they had to redo a shit ton of stuff.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm getting my ass kicked in Rogue Legacy. I've died 4 times in 15 minutes lol.

Keep going and wait until you get to new game++

I can start and finish a run of Rogue Legacy in the time it takes to microwave a pop-tart if I'm not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom