• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

FhQq4c5.png

https://twitter.com/mikeBithell/status/359380879975514113

indubitably.

Milamber

I feel like I missed out on truck driving simulator. Will have to keep an eye out next sale. Damn you guys for making Mundane Job Simulator seem like something I want to buy
A lot of us didn't even think that this game would be so addictive too. It was on sale during the time there was very little else to choose and during the boredom of waiting for the next sale refresh, some of us decided to start it up. I personally was planning on just idling for the cards but decided to at least drive around. Then suddenly you are presented with an RPG style leveling system with the entire UK & Europe open to you and an expandable business that you can make grow and manage entire fleets. All starting from just you, a penniless truck driver that doesn't even have his own truck to call his own.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You end up getting it fellow GAFfer? We need to talk about that game then good sir! ;)

Also, someone on Steam "called" ChuckNorris added me. Only a couple of games, one of his/her friend is a Level 100 and we have no friends or groups in common. I don't like mystery people!
Yeah, bought it from Dunder for a little under 5 bucks. Haven't played it except for what little I tried of the demo, but I believe it's worth that price.

We can talk about it, of course. I don't know anything about the company management aspect, should I pay it any attention? Or just drive around aimlessly?

Anyway, I'm gonna grab my copy of Cosmo's Factory (best Creedence album in my opinion) and listen to that masterpiece while driving my truck through Europe.

A lot of us didn't even think that this game would be so addictive too. It was on sale during the time there was very little else to choose and during the boredom of waiting for the next sale refresh, some of us decided to start it up. I personally was planning on just idling for the cards but decided to at least drive around. Then suddenly you are presented with an RPG style leveling system with the entire UK & Europe open to you and an expandable business that you can make grow and manage entire fleets. All starting from just you, a penniless truck driver that doesn't even have his own truck to call his own.

This can make most mundane games interesting if done correctly. I love the idea of building up from nothing. Wishlisted.

Ezra2680

Pretty tasty bundle:

Bundle Stars

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

All Steam keys

Is this real? And if so, can I buy from the US?

The_Monk

Yeah, bought it from Dunder for a little under 5 bucks. Haven't played it except for what little I tried of the demo, but I believe it's worth that price.

We can talk about it, of course. I don't know anything about the company management aspect, should I pay it any attention? Or just drive around aimlessly?

Anyway, I'm gonna grab my copy of Cosmo's Factory (best Creedence album in my opinion) and listen to that masterpiece while driving my truck through Europe.

Great to hear fellow GAFfer, I believe some good GAFfers said it's a good game to play while listening to some Podcasts. I still need to play the demo.

I just bought Mercenary Kings early access and I like it a lot so far. It's definitely rough around the edges though, for a Metal Slug-ish game the combat has some weird clunkiness to it. The jump in particular is a pain, and some of the enemies have attacks that just seem counter-intuitive; they just seem to hit you no matter what, rather than reward you for figuring out the pattern. The weird giant snail thing is this in a nutshell, it has a very obvious tell that it's about to fire forward, so you jump... but it fires two bullets, one forward and one at an angle (despite their being no visual indication that it can fire diagonally) in a way that means you get hit regardless of whether you stand still or jump.

The game also currently doesn't explain the crafting system at all, but I assume that will come in time.

sibarraz

Banned
Well, I was tempted to buy giana sister for the whole summer sale since I thought that a 66% discount was already bigger than the normal 50% that appears on those dates, plus 5 dollars was not that much

But then I said, I had a big backlog, so maybe I will wait

Now was a daily for 3 dollars, and since for crafting the level 5 summer sale badge give a foil card, I bought the game for free

so remember guys , even when the sumer sale ends, WAIT FOR THE DAILIES YOU BASTARDS

I am TOTALLY down for a Mercenary Kings 4 pack, I even have some spare copies of Monaco to subsidize it.
How would this work, if the offer is still available? I'm interested, but I've never done this before. Does it come out cheaper than buying the game individually?

Salsa

I just bought Mercenary Kings early access and I like it a lot so far. It's definitely rough around the edges though, for a Metal Slug-ish game the combat has some weird clunkiness to it. The jump in particular is a pain, and some of the enemies have attacks that just seem counter-intuitive; they just seem to hit you no matter what, rather than reward you for figuring out the pattern. The weird giant snail thing is this in a nutshell, it has a very obvious tell that it's about to fire forward, so you jump... but it fires two bullets, one forward and one at an angle (despite their being no visual indication that it can fire diagonally) in a way that means you get hit regardless of whether you stand still or jump.

The game also currently doesn't explain the crafting system at all, but I assume that will come in time.

id post all this on their community page, dudes want feedback

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How would this work, if the offer is still available? I'm interested, but I've never done this before. Does it come out cheaper than buying the game individually?

Yes, it's cheaper. The host buys the four-pack and one copy is automatically tied to his/her account; the remaining copies are added to his/her inventory for distribution to the other members of the group. The cost of the bundle is split evenly, with the money going to the host's PayPal account.

theytookourjobz

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD -- MB-301B66C7AED0F4D9 - Taken by Gvaz

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Pretty tasty bundle:

Bundle Stars

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

All Steam keys

Don't "Bundle Stars" usually get cheaper later at the sale? I remember it getting like 50% cheaper or something stupid like that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I missed out on truck driving simulator. Will have to keep an eye out next sale. Damn you guys for making Mundane Job Simulator seem like something I want to buy
They are amazing games. On the Winter Seal I plan on buying a copy of Dog Food Cooking Tycoon, Sim Guinea Pig 3 and Youtube Moderator 2014. Three quality titles for a bargain price.

Yes, it's cheaper. The host buys the four-pack and one copy is automatically tied to his/her account; the remaining copies are added to his/her inventory for distribution to the other members of the group. The cost of the bundle is split evenly, with the money going to the host's PayPal account.
Don't have a Paypal account, would buying and gifting a game of equal value be an acceptable alternative?

Anyway, I have to think about it. Might want to save $$ for upcoming games

FYC

Banned
Damn it, I'm stuck in Ben There, Dan That

Being stuck in a point n click is suffering

*tries to combine every single object*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't have a Paypal account, would buying and gifting a game of equal value be an acceptable alternative?

Anyway, I have to think about it. Might want to save $$ for upcoming games

That would vary case to case. Some people may need the money in their PayPal account to pay for the pack, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom