• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Finally mastered trailer parking on first try 100% after 4 hours into the game. But I still need the help of fly-cam number 2 to see where I'm going though.

Need to get me a Rift soon so I can back up like a pro. Otherwise I have to change the came to get it right.

MikeDown

Banned
steam_class.jpg
undoubtedly, my good sir

Tenrius

Oh, if you look at it this way, I agree. It's just that the sale brought a certain sense of festivity with it and now everything feels a bit plain in comparison, that's why I said it should have been vice-versa. But regarding the actual discussion quality — absolutely, yeah. Everybody's in a rush of some sort in the sale threads, for once.

Cth

May be a dumb question, but did anyone make any impulse purchases?

As in sight unseen based on recommendations or seeing a percentage off?

If so, what game was it, and what did you think?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This can make most mundane games interesting if done correctly. I love the idea of building up from nothing. Wishlisted.

If you want to learn more about it check out my OT for ETS2:

Euro Truck Sim 2 OT

There are pics, reviews, and videos and such to check out. Plus all of us GAF'ers talking about it! It really is a dandy of a sleeper hit, very fun and addictive, and even kind of relaxing to play.

Grief.exe

Oh, if you look at it this way, I agree. It's just that the sale brought a certain sense of festivity with it and now everything feels a bit plain in comparison, that's why I said it should have been vice-versa. But regarding the actual discussion quality — absolutely, yeah. Everybody's in a rush of some sort in the sale threads, for once.

awww I see your point of view.

I was referring to the general classiness of Steam threads when I made that image.

Fireblend

Banned

Strike Suit Infinity. I'm starting to regret it, the controls are absolutely awful. I gotta see if there's any recommended control setups on the internet and try again to see if it's salvageable in some way.

MikeDown

Banned

Not me I will sit there for hours debating weather or not to purchase something. It took me a week before I made up my mind on purchasing Saints Row3

Cth

For me it was Chivalry.

I sometimes get motion sickness with FPS type games, but the reactions everyone had posted, knowing there'd be a lot of players to play with (haven't played a 64 player game until the sale!),not to mention it had cards.

First game was nothing but yelling and zero g insanity :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sooo...

Mercenary Kings is 2D Monster Hunter?

Why nobody told me this before? I would have gave them Kickstarter Money.

Game is pretty amazing.

I feel like I just graduated high school, and Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the girl that I never really noticed, but just now realized how perfect for each other we really would've been...

:'(

The_Monk

Any news on The Walking Dead fellow GAFfers, is there going to be more DLC or the next thing will be Season 2 with something like 5 Episodes?

I need more of this. Thanks in advance for answering.

Grief.exe

Any news on The Walking Dead fellow GAFfers, is there going to be more DLC or the next thing will be Season 2 with something like 5 Episodes?

I need more of this. Thanks in advance for answering.

Next will be Season 2.

400 days was meant to bridge the gap.

Gbraga

I really want Mercenary Kings, but Steam Sales made me a cheap ass gamer, no way I'm paying that much, at least not this month, maybe next month or september, we'll see.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In case anyone is interested:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

D&D Chronicles of Mystara for under $11
FF7 for under $9
After using the 30% discount code.

Thanks for the heads up. Was really tempted by Mystara, but I already have a billion games on my "to play" list from the sale (some of them quite long) so I'll probably wait for a cheaper price.

JavyOO7

I only got four games and one of them was from a friend (I have to thank him again... he bought me Torchlight 2 for my birthday for 5 bucks). Though I think I might regret getting one of them... even if it was just $2.50.

Bionic Commando Rearmed or whatever looks like it might be okay but I just hate the way the controls are handled. I dunno. I guess when the game asks you to swing with the bionic arm and I just go... eh. Hopefully I end up liking it soon. But I see myself not liking it so much if the controls, of course IMO, end up being trash like I think they are currently.

Guess what time it is?

It's time for me to say for the fifth goddamn time HOLY CRAP SYSTEM SHOCK 2 is tense.

I am at the third deck and everything is creepy as hell. I think SS2 takes the second place so far in my "most scary" ranking, just behind Silent Hill 2. And that Metroidy "yup you are lost now have fun"-mentality isn't helping at all. Also that Cyborg Midwife card is cool.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, Steam Sale thread/Toma's indie rec thread for selling me on The Swapper. Just beat it yesterday and it was a great experience all around. Lovely claymation graphics, a sparse but haunting soundtrack, and of course, that incredibly unique premise.

Now to figure out what game to play now from my sale haul...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Damn it, I'm stuck in Ben There, Dan That

Being stuck in a point n click is suffering

*tries to combine every single object*
Getting stuck in a point & click can be a time of great joy and relaxation. Acceptance is key.
Or google.

Megasoum

Banned
I was wondering if there ever will be a North American Truck Simulator

There's been a looonng line of similar games in the past and many of them were set in the states. I remember playing Hard Truck 10-15 years ago that was basically the same thing as ETS2 but set in America. They really didn't invent anything new with ETS2, they just made it really well compared to the predecessors.

Monk, if you are interested in more Walking Dead, you should check out Telltale's next game, The Wolf Among Us.

Its based on a comic book I believe. Here's a RPS interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/16/telltale-on-wolf-among-us-following-the-walking-dead/

It's based on the Fables comic book series, which is FANTASTIC. At least the first 40 or so issues that I've read are.

So combined with how well Telltale did with The Walking Dead, the games should be great too.

The_Monk

Next will be Season 2.

400 days was meant to bridge the gap.

Thank you fellow GAFfer, I also checked the other post you made it, very nice of you.

For some reason I just love this game so much, I can't wait for Season 2, 400 Days length did not help it either since it gave me the need of more TWD but I really liked it to be honest.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit was an impulse buy. And it's great.
Darth Vader's Nooooooooooo got edited and was made longer once again when my pistol got destroyed by a random door trap, but besides that, it's fun!

Volotaire

I think Nightsky, Defy Gravity Extended and Wizorb fall into those categories fro me. Too cheap to pass up. Especially with trading card money.

Finally mastered trailer parking on first try 100% after 4 hours into the game. But I still need the help of fly-cam number 2 to see where I'm going though.

It's fun trying to do it just looking through your window.. very tough though!

I think Nightsky, Defy Gravity Extended and Wizorb fall into those categories fro me. Too cheap to pass up. Especially with trading card money.

Wizorb is such a gorgeous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom