• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDdYoNe

Hoooooooly. Stacking and Costume Quest cards. For sure perfecting the Costuce Quest badge, and will see about Stacking. Let's go for The Cave and Iron Brigade. And whatever Double Fine has in Steam.

sapsari

Half minute giweaway (forgot to add this in the previous one:)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats -- MB-B72E31ECB8BDD61F - Taken by Nymphae

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Half minute giweaway (forgot to add this in the previous one:)

Oh geez. There's a 99% chance it's actually Bad Rats... But there's a 1% chance that's a misdirection and it's actually a good game...

Not worth the chance.

Edit: Nymphae, was it Bad Rats?

Costume Quest is great, you should look into it if you like fun, little RPGs.
I'll keep it in mind, I own Psychonauts and Brütal Legend but haven't played much of either. Double Fine stuff just hasn't grabbed me in any way yet.

I'd rather Valve go back to weekly releases. Increase the count if need be, but at least give people time to catch up.
I've given up the idling game so I don't mind if they just congest the system with as many as they get their way.

Quakecon in a little less than a week, best be showin' me some Quake cards id.

Cth

I didn't find it floaty at all. It may also depend on the type of character you pick (i.e. there are heavy characters that are hard to knock back and ones who are skinny). I didn't pick any of the skinny/small characters (I like to play as tanks). Jumping/Dashing etc. weren't any more floaty to me than any other Metroid-vania type game.

What's amusing to me, is the developers hid some of their history in the game.

Hearing the games they made before this, and how they almost gave up kinda made me even more impressed.

Lots and lots of ways to play the game. Hidden stuff, enough incentive to keep you wanting to play just one more level, etc.

I've unlocked the Lich, Spelunker and others recently which kept the game "fresh" for me, especially considering there's more stuff to unlock class wise, etc.

Finally beat my first boss types. Going to venture into the dark dungeon area soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hoooooooly. Stacking and Costume Quest cards. For sure perfecting the Costuce Quest badge, and will see about Stacking. Let's go for The Cave and Iron Brigade. And whatever Double Fine has in Steam.

Double Fine cards are as close to worthless as can be due to indie bundles and the like. Give the market a day and you'll be able to max out both badges for less than $20.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll keep it in mind, I own Psychonauts and Brütal Legend but haven't played much of either. Double Fine stuff just hasn't grabbed me in any way yet.

I've given up the idling game so I don't mind if they just congest the system with as many as they get their way.

Quakecon in a little less than a week, best be showin' me some Quake cards id.

Oh, man, it's been years since I've touched Q3 and even longer since I played a competitive match, but I'd happily revisit that horse, if only briefly, if the game received cards.

Cth

Quick dumb question --

When reserving stuff from DunderH, do we contact him or wait until he contacts us?

EDIT: Thanks, that's what I figured appreciate the response!

Nymphae

Banned
This is the second time I have won Bad Rats, and the second time the message had no code in it. Thanks anyway!

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize this was the same person I won it from the first time :p I don't have Steamguard enabled so I can't collect yet.

I finished Torchlight 2 and Rogue Legacy over the last few days and had a great time with both. TL2 really scratched that loot itch that Diablo 3(at launch) failed to do, and Rogue Legacy is just masterfully done. I'd play through it again but I'm really striving to make a dent in my backlog for once.

Which reminds me, is there an easier way to organize games in your library now days? Manually clicking individual games and putting them in various categories is such a pain. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that's a shame. I loved Psychonauts, liked Costume Quest a lot and didn't care much for what little I played of Stacking (I should play more, I know).

Brütal Legend started really awesome, but I died twice at the very beginning of a specific mission (I get frustrated easily) and haven't gone back to it since then.

Haven't tried The Cave or Iron Brigade yet, despite owning both.

Vecks

Does selling cards on the market increase my Steam level XP? I can swear i see it move a little now and then.

I don't think so. But Buying games give you a little bit. And they seemed to have changed something with the exp values of a badge like a day or two a go, because I leveled up for no reason.

BTW, I hate Brütal Legend. The game actually gave me Tinnitus, I was using headphones when I got to
The Wall part
, big mistake.

DukeBobby

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dinner Date -- MB-B346640380065C79 - Taken by Slyjss

Enjoy.

Ardvent

Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-7FCB02F4C710D2D6 - Taken by Hesemonni

Hoping someone enjoys this

Fuck you System Shock 2.

"Oh the game is not scary enough? How 'bout we throw in a major plot twist, pyromancers, even more bigger metroid-vany areas AND some big ass spiders. Yeah, everyone hates spiders."

:(

Grief.exe

I got more games to give away from the Summer Sale, but pacing them out over time.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gratuitous Tank Battles -- MB-6C36546C0D89EF71 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-FEF28F83CED75C5B - Taken by The_Monk

KiDdYoNe

Double Fine cards are as close to worthless as can be due to indie bundles and the like. Give the market a day and you'll be able to max out both badges for less than $20.

Shit when you say "20$" it gets creepy. 20 for, well, nothning is pretty much.

Anyway, it's not about getting the badge for every game, only for those i care. The perfect badges are the games i really love. And sometimes because it's really really cheap :D

Btw how much cards in both CQ & Stacking?

The_Monk

I got more games to give away from the Summer Sale, but pacing them out over time.

Going to try but I'm guessing I'm a bit late for this one. Either way thank you for your kindness good fellow GAFfer.

EDIT: Oh it seems I got luck on my side! Thank you for this kind sir Grief! :)

Knurek

Could you recommend me any good PC bullet hell shooter to get me started? I tried one once (can't remember the name, it was free and there were many on that series), but only managed to reach to the 3rd level before losing all my lives.

If you want something on Steam, try Jamestown

If you're okay with non-Steam stuff, I can't recommend Touhou 9.5: Shoot the Bullet enough. It's a puzzle game, where you have to take pictures of increasingly difficult bullet patterns while avoiding the bullets yourself.

It's hard as funk, but certainly doable (my former gf beat everything but the last world), and best of all, each stage takes... 40-90 seconds tops, so it's great for short spurs.

Some example bullet patterns (which look a lot better when seen in motion, obviously):

danmaku1.jpg

Hawkie

A big thanks to both Der Experte and JakeD22 for helping me out with the Premium Night of the Rabbit "offer". Such a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom