• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can somebody point me to the thread where we give away Steam coupon's and such. I have a 33% off for Killing Floor that I don't need. Looking to give it away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Either way, I don't see how someone mentioning they are going to bed, or their house is hot is cause for saying something that attacking and negative.

Maybe a PM or something if you ever feel that mad about something again.

When I mention, I would mostly use it to close a conversation I was in if I was headed off to bed, this is what I mean.

I don't see how this is that big of a deal.
Admittedly, its not always as good as this. And I found a page where Salsa, myself, and a couple others were joking about it for a little bit, but mostly this is what I found.

I didn't "attack" you. Please point me in the direction of any insults that I directly or indirectly flung your way.

Overdoziz

Banned
Because I actually enjoyed playing Gratuitous Space Battles here's a giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-1FA766CEB8D2F781 - Taken by liezryou

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can somebody point me to the thread where we give away Steam coupon's and such. I have a 33% off for Killing Floor that I don't need. Looking to give it away.

You can either use this very thread or the trading thread. You're liable to have better luck here, though, as it's by far the most popular Steam-related thread.

jediyoshi

The former. On a related note, Saints Row IV began life as a DLC expansion, but when THQ went belly-up, Deep Silver swooped in and stretched it into a full-price sequel. Feels dirty.

It's not like they never talked at length about Saints Row 4 right after they pushed SR3 out though. It always seems like people want to extrapolate that all of SR4 was that DLC and then they worked backwards as opposed to what it probably was in that they just incorporated those assets into whatever else they had in mind already.

backdrifter

Neo Member
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-52369DE9CF88346A - Taken by Pestilence11

Acccent

Just got back from doing the dishes, did I miss anything?

post-thumb-say_saoirse_ronan.jpg

KiDdYoNe

Whoa, for me it seemed like Grief and JaseC was kinda friends. I thought we just buy stuff here, no some bullshit post counting. I mean, what are you guys, 12? Sorry i'm involving myself in it, but Jase, come on, keep calm, fus ro dah... What's wrong with friendly faces having some chit-chat? I ate pizza today, yo, im going to bed. Remember the atmosphere in that Sale threads. That's the thing i loved there and moved on here to see the same. Not some weird arguing. Just sayin.

Anyway, pass on humble, but damn. Since i'm moving to the PC-gaming, that Darksiders collection is going to buy itself. Even tho i have both Darksiders games on PS3. Yeah, you can say "you never played Zelda, right?" I played Zelda, but only on my DSi, it was fun, but Darksiders hooked me up more. Probably because of the setting. And boy, that Horsemen shit is awesome. If someone seeks for a nice Zelda clone, i sure as hell recommend to get Darksiders. Yes, both games have some problems, specially the second one with those 4 worlds, two being a HUGE ones and the other two are not even the half of the first two. But it was THQ, you all know the story. Games are great still. The first boss battle (that one, on the big field) is one of the greatest boss battles of 2012 for me. The scale of it really got me, and the music... oh, i need to replay that :) The point is: get it. Again, owe both on PS3, gonna get em for Steam. It'd be a shame if CryTek will fuck up franchaise, and they sure will.

Yeah, i think i'm done. Get it :D

Prophane33

So, I picked up Rogue Legacy instead of Teleglitch (which I will get later) and...WOW. I can't recommend Rogue Legacy enough. I know I'm kind of lttp (though I expect an influx of fans come this winter) but really can't stress how addicting it is. Definitely has a nice Symphony of the Night in Rogue Form vibe (gameplay wise).

Whoa, for me it seemed like Grief and JaseC was kinda friends. I thought we just buy stuff here, no some bullshit post counting. I mean, what are you guys, 12? Sorry i'm involving myself in it, but Jase, come on, keep calm, fus ro dah... What's wrong with friendly faces having some chit-chat? I ate pizza today, yo, im going to bed. Remember the atmosphere in that Sale threads. That's the thing i loved there and moved on here to see the same. Not some weird arguing. Just sayin.

Yeah, I thought we were all friends here. I never felt annoyed at Grief's posts, but to each his or her own I guess. I've hung around after the sale because this years sale thread was so welcoming. Let's keep the internet drama to a minimum.

Volotaire

Anyway, pass on humble, but damn. Since i'm moving to the PC-gaming, that Darksiders collection is going to buy itself. Even tho i have both Darksiders games on PS3. Yeah, you can say "you never played Zelda, right?" I played Zelda, but only on my DSi, it was fun, but Darksiders hooked me up more. Probably because of the setting. And boy, that Horsemen shit is awesome. If someone seeks for a nice Zelda clone, i sure as hell recommend to get Darksiders. Yes, both games have some problems, specially the second one with those 4 worlds, two being a HUGE ones and the other two are not even the half of the first two. But it was THQ, you all know the story. Games are great still. The first boss battle (that one, on the big field) is one of the greatest boss battles of 2012 for me. The scale of it really got me, and the music... oh, i need to replay that :) The point is: get it. Again, owe both on PS3, gonna get em for Steam. It'd be a shame if CryTek will fuck up franchaise, and they sure will.

Yeah, i think i'm done. Get it :D

What are you on about? (first part)

Also I would comment that the DS Zeldas were quite different from other 2D Zeldas from the small part of Phantom Hourglass I played in terms of structure/pacing (if those are the ones you played) and are quite different to the 3D Zeldas (pacing). An in terms of quality, the consensus is that the 2D Zeldas were below the other Zelda games (not my opinion).

I don't understand how Crytek 'will fck up the franchise'? They hired a significant amount of the original team .

Plus Crytek don't even own Darksiders IP, that's Nordic Games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just started the second episode of The Walking Dead and goddamn, who'd have thought "QTEs" could be this intense. The decision making can be pretty involving in this and I appreciate how staying silent is also an option sometimes.

Nymphae

Banned
So, I picked up Rogue Legacy instead of Teleglitch (which I will get later) and...WOW. I can't recommend Rogue Legacy enough. I know I'm kind of lttp (though I expect an influx of fans come this winter) but really can't stress how addicting it is. Definitely has a nice Symphony of the Night in Rogue Form vibe (gameplay wise).

Good to hear, that's the impression I got from the video I watched on Steam. I bought it during the sale but I haven't played it yet. How is the control? I think I read somewhere that it's overly "floaty", and that had me worried.

Yeah, I thought we were all friends here. I never felt annoyed at Grief's posts, but to each his or her own I guess. I've hung around after the sale because this years sale thread was so welcoming. Let's keep the internet drama to a minimum.

I've been praising Rogue Legacy since I bought it last week, it's an awesome game which deserves so much love.

73V3N

Banned

You only played the DS zeldas?
you made a big mistake.

Prophane33

Good to hear, that's the impression I got from the video I watched on Steam. I bought it during the sale but I haven't played it yet. How is the control? I think I read somewhere that it's overly "floaty", and that had me worried.

I didn't find it floaty at all. It may also depend on the type of character you pick (i.e. there are heavy characters that are hard to knock back and ones who are skinny). I didn't pick any of the skinny/small characters (I like to play as tanks). Jumping/Dashing etc. weren't any more floaty to me than any other Metroid-vania type game.

Sweet, I won the System Shock 2 raffle. A bit surprised by it, nevertheless, I'm very interested in trying out the game. Thanks woo and indeed hoo!

Edit: The gift has already been redeemed :(

Well that's odd. ModBot has edited the original raffle post [post #2948] thusly:

System Shock 2 -- MB-43A0A26D7E0447EC - Taken by Kinky John - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

I'll PM Stump and ask him to take a look at it.

Thanks for pointing it out and apologies for the hassle.

I'm putting the same game up for raffle shortly and then again tomorrow so you will have two more chances at it.

Amneisac

I think the issue isn't any particular person saying "I'm going to bed" or whatever, but regular daily updates from one person. Then it becomes Facebook, not NeoGAF. Either way though I'm like 80% sure they formed a truce and this whole argument is just a clever way to catapult them BOTH to the top of the post list. Because people on the top of the post list is important.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I haven't played Teleglitch but the demo for Rogue Legacy sold me on it. Seems like at least once a year there's a great indie hit that sells a bajillion copies and stays on the top 100 sellers list on Steam for weeks or months at a time. We've had Cave Story and Terraria. This year I think that game will be Rogue Legacy.

antitrop

Play the demo, the controls are great. And there is absolutely a SOTN vibe there, it's pretty obvious.

Dawg

btw JaseC

During my time in exile, I listened to an interview with Saoirse where she says the words "arse" and "ass"

It was very enlightening

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Do steam achievements give you XP on your profile? I was about 100pts away from level 14 yesterday but after getting a few achivements I'm now like 26pts away.

Yeah, it's a procedurally generated bite-sized Metroidvania castle taking thematic cues from the Castlevania side of things with permadeath and an upgrade system tied to that. I love the way currency is handled in the game as well because there will never be a time where it becomes worthless, the Pavlovian response opening a chest and hearing ching-ch-ch-ch-ching is always satisfying. I'm on NG++ at this point and almost had my fill, but I really couldn't stop playing.

KarmaCow

Do steam achievements give you XP on your profile? I was about 100pts away from level 14 yesterday but after getting a few achivements I'm now like 26pts away.

No, achievements don't give exp, they simplified the way the Games Owned badge exp scales with games owned so it seems like everyone got a boost.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Nope. They tweaked the XP for the "Game Collector" badge last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom