• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I played about 30 minutes of Kentucky Route Zero last night right before I went to sleep. Absolutely loved it, there was one moment in particular pretty early on that caught me by surprise, extremely pleasantly. I'll probably just plow through the rest when I get home tonight.

Forcing 32x CSAA in the Nvidia Control Panel is a must.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the issue isn't any particular person saying "I'm going to bed" or whatever, but regular daily updates from one person. Then it becomes Facebook, not NeoGAF. Either way though I'm like 80% sure they formed a truce and this whole argument is just a clever way to catapult them BOTH to the top of the post list. Because people on the top of the post list is important.
Nah, I have a serious dislike for people on the top of the post list, especially for those in the 3rd place. Fuck those guys, I hate them.

(this joke will probably sound offensive if someone ends up taking my place, so I apologize in advance :p)

Do steam achievements give you XP on your profile? I was about 100pts away from level 14 yesterday but after getting a few achivements I'm now like 26pts away.
Buying games and crafting badges are the only XP granters. You had a boost in XP because they made a change in the way XP is calculated for the number of games badge yesterday, so there was a slight increase across the board.

e: well i was just beaten silly on this one

Nymphae

Banned
I didn't find it floaty at all. It may also depend on the type of character you pick (i.e. there are heavy characters that are hard to knock back and ones who are skinny). I didn't pick any of the skinny/small characters (I like to play as tanks). Jumping/Dashing etc. weren't any more floaty to me than any other Metroid-vania type game.

Play the demo, the controls are great. And there is absolutely a SOTN vibe there, it's pretty obvious.

Really glad to hear this, I cannot stand platforming with floaty controls à la LBP.

So do you not get any additional experience for getting a new level in the game collector badge? I got my one hundredth game today on Steam, and now have the Power Player badge, but as far as I can tell I just got one exp for the new game.

The pleasure is mine :) glad to see it go to a good home.

Oh and accept my Friend Request on Steam! :p

Already accepted it.

So, I picked up Rogue Legacy instead of Teleglitch (which I will get later) and...WOW. I can't recommend Rogue Legacy enough. I know I'm kind of lttp (though I expect an influx of fans come this winter) but really can't stress how addicting it is. Definitely has a nice Symphony of the Night in Rogue Form vibe (gameplay wise).

Good to hear. I picked it up during the Steam sale but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I did start System Shock 2 last night, put in about 45 minutes. Definitely digging the game's atmosphere and for a 1999 release it still looks pretty good. Going to try to stick with it.

sapsari

Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Giweaways

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Men of War Assault Squad -- MB-ABCFDDD0E977F8C5 - Taken by Deques
Section 8 -- MB-C1C9873A6F6FEB88 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-63E03AF847C08BD4 - Taken by PriitV
Legendary -- MB-81D24B5817EC64D7 - Taken by intheinbetween
Two Worlds 2 -- MB-4062B8E7659FCFEA - Taken by Pestilence11

KiDdYoNe

What are you on about? (first part)

Also I would comment that the DS Zeldas were quite different from other 2D Zeldas from the small part of Phantom Hourglass I played in terms of structure/pacing (if those are the ones you played) and are quite different to the 3D Zeldas (pacing). An in terms of quality, the consensus is that the 2D Zeldas were below the other Zelda games (not my opinion).

I don't understand how Crytek 'will fck up the franchise'? They hired a significant amount of the original team .

Plus Crytek don't even own Darksiders IP, that's Nordic Games.

Yeah, now, guys, you can laugh. I have Wii, and the only games i played were Super Mario Galaxy and MadWorld. But now i have a big plasma (previously i had old TV with only one set of RGB/YW cable in's) and some day Wii will find a way from a box.

Yeah, i remember that CryTek actually opened up USA studio with bunch of people from Vigil, but you know, CryTek isn't Vigil. It may turn up like a EA/Bioware situation. Or may not. Of course i hope for a good ending of this whole story, but i have no trust in CryTek. They just do and say stupid (from my view) things.

Oh, sorry. About first part, there's a thingy few pages back...

Volotaire

Yeah, now, guys, you can laugh. I have Wii, and the only games i played were Super Mario Galaxy and MadWorld. But now i have a big plasma (previously i had old TV with only one set of RGB/YW cable in's) and some day Wii will find a way from a box.

Yeah, i remember that CryTek actually opened up USA studio with bunch of people from Vigil, but you know, CryTek isn't Vigil. It may turn up like a EA/Bioware situation. Or may not. Of course i hope for a good ending of this whole story, but i have no trust in CryTek. They just do and say stupid (from my view) things.

Highly suggest you play Zelda TP/WW if the N64 games are too dated for you to play. (then I would even suggest Ocarina for 3DS). SS is a very marmite game, I would avoid that atm. Try a few more games for the Wii though, there are some great gems there.

I do share worries about Crytek's F2P plans, and how this will impact the type of games their studios are producing. But I am also in the mind that Crytek are independent, and the fact that a lot of the partnership programs are getting reduced from EA and other studios, so we could see some interesting stuff.

F.E.A.R. Online announced. 4-player co-op missions included, hell yeaaah.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/25/fear-online-announced-sign-up-for-beta-now

Of all the things they could do with the F.E.A.R franchise atm, they chose this route.

Although I haven't tried it, the F.E.A.R 3 multiplayer is supposed to be rather good.

Prophane33

Apologies! Multi-tasking is a bit much for me today! I blame the heat and humidity. It's been Miami levels of both here this week :/. I don't know how people cope with it on a daily basis.

As a lifelong Floridian, some of us don't...that's why I'm moving up north next week after 30 years of this shit humid/hot weather. Well, actually for grad school, but I welcome the weather change.

mrgone

The people have already spoken.
THNDoQU.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whoa, for me it seemed like Grief and JaseC was kinda friends. I thought we just buy stuff here, no some bullshit post counting. I mean, what are you guys, 12? Sorry i'm involving myself in it, but Jase, come on, keep calm, fus ro dah... What's wrong with friendly faces having some chit-chat? I ate pizza today, yo, im going to bed. Remember the atmosphere in that Sale threads. That's the thing i loved there and moved on here to see the same. Not some weird arguing. Just sayin.

Please, give me a little credit.

I'm 12-and-a-half.

btw JaseC

During my time in exile, I listened to an interview with Saoirse where she says the words "arse" and "ass"

It was very enlightening

I thought I had a gif of that, but I don't so this will have to suffice:

tumblr_ml3qke08tj1s88qrkrx.gif

The_Monk

Oh look Dawg is back, welcome back fellow GAFfer, please use decent words this time! ;)

Also, good deals on C&C, well I have Tibarium Wars on Origin, so it's all gooood! Right? Right...? ;_;

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-53BDCA4A51C998A6 - Taken by Volotaire
Terraria -- MB-AA2C9D7BB881B39A - Taken by Copons
System Shock 2 -- MB-1A89BB994014FA12 - Taken by cicero

Right, you've only got three hours to wait to see if you won a game from this batch boys and girls.

Sweet, I won the System Shock 2 raffle. A bit surprised by it, nevertheless, I'm very interested in trying out the game. Thanks woo and indeed hoo!

Edit: The gift has already been redeemed :(

I've removed the NO WINNERS restriction so that you won't be locked out from winning System Shock 2 because of your apparent 'win' of that game earlier.

If you don't win this one then I'll just gift you the last copy of the game I was going to raffle. Even though I don't think I've done anything wrong and it's just a ModBot glitch I feel rather bad that you've been told that you've won a game only to have that game denied you. Hopefully this has revealed a bug in ModBot's program and Stump can fix it so it doesn't happen again. Anyway, please do enter for the game again. Best of luck!

As a lifelong Floridian, some of us don't...that's why I'm moving up north next week after 30 years of this shit humid/hot weather. Well, actually for grad school, but I welcome the weather change.

I had no idea you were a native of Florida! :eek: I only mentioned Florida because one of my Twitter follows is always boasting about the weather there. I looked up the weather for here today and saw that the humidity was about 70% while it was 90% odd in Miami and I just don't get what there is to boast about!

Anyway, I'm glad for you that you're moving to a more comfortable area weather wise. Hope all goes well for you at grad school :).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I don't understand Terraria.
I like that.

Oh, and Anomaly is pretty good! Don't care much for it's visuals, though.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
So I bought Aztaka in the build your own bundle thing, and it turns out I already own it. That's the first time I've done that. I have a lot of games, but I'm usually pretty good about remembering which ones I've bought before. The other games here are also bundle leftovers, but at least I knew I had them.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Aztaka -- MB-EF2E1B29B2A4E6E8 - Taken by Kifimbo
Patrician IV -- MB-566FA17B542BC280 - Taken by Prophane33
Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-A730E254578163BB - Taken by intheinbetween

Prophane33

So I bought Aztaka in the build your own bundle thing, and it turns out I already own it. That's the first time I've done that. I have a lot of games, but I'm usually pretty good about remembering which ones I've bought before. The other games here are also bundle leftovers, but at least I knew I had them.

Thanks, Now I'm going to be a millionaire (patrician)!

OMG cards

Star Wolves 3
Stacking
Costume Quest
Bleed

More as it develops

Fuck and Yes. Time to finally install Star Wolves 3!

Kifimbo

Thanks for Aztaka !

Prophane33

I PMed you about it, but just in case you didn't notice. ModBot didn't send me a key or a link. It just said "The key for Patrician IV is Steam Special Edition. -- Make sure you take the time to thank Oneironaut "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom