• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
GAF has spoken. I think I'll play KR0 for a bit because I'm really looking forward to it, and then it's Dark Souls time. I shall report back.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
0sm13rZ.png

:lol...

Maybe now that it's a different level it will be pushed back when I make new ones (I hope so).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
For someone like me who doesn't buy games just for cards, I pretty much need to pay for a set. I only have like a couple of duplicates that no one probably wants to trade for, so I'm left with buying if I want to complete a set, which I kind of want to do for some odd reason.
You sure there aren't any games you own but don't want the badge for?

I had fun with McPixel but it's an ugly game with an ugly badge; I have a feeling DLC Quest will be a similar scenario. Trade fodder.
Even though Sleeping Dogs has far better production values the badge design is lazy and the higher levels are unacceptable "Photoshop > Colorize" garbage so that's out.

...Nothing like that in your library? Check Steam Card Exchange, you might find one of your games has a shit badge that isn't worth fretting over.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You use the focus button (Shift on default settings) and pray for the first 100 times, after that you start to clear them. :)

Seriously though, I'm not that good at danmaku games, with few weeks of practice I've been able to clear them on Normal difficulty (2nd of four). But they look so mesmerizing and I love the music, so I can't fault them for being what they are.

Shoot the Bullet is a bit different. Still difficult in the latter stages (you see the pattern and go 'how the eff am I supposed to survive that'), but since dying here is pretty much penalty free (you restart the stage literally two seconds later, and like I said, the stages are few dozen seconds short), you tend to try and try until you succeed.

And funnily enough, it's a great trainer for the things you need to play good in other games like that, hence my recommendation. Do give it a whirl, it's... dunno, 200 MB.
I'll try it then, thanks. If you think it's a good starting point (besides Jamestown, which I should also try again) then I'll believe you.

I'm a little scared. Is that normal?

Grief.exe

I had fun with McPixel but it's an ugly game with an ugly badge; I have a feeling DLC Quest will be a similar scenario. Trade fodder.
Even though Sleeping Dogs has far better production values the badge design is lazy and the higher levels are unacceptable "Photoshop > Colorize" garbage so that's out.

...Nothing like that in your library? Check Steam Card Exchange, you might find one of your games has a shit badge that isn't worth fretting over.

The Sleeping Dogs profile backgrounds are even lazier.

Good job Square Enix.

Was the volume turned way up? Like, after playing that part you have always had Tinnitus since then? That really sucks to be permanently injured by a game. o_O

This was like two weeks ago and volume wasn't that loud. After I got injured my dad told me my uncle has a permanent Tinnitus, so I just discovered it's a family illnes (no idea why they didn't told me before ¬¬).

And yes, I still have it. I went to a doctor and he told me it's probably temporary though, but it may take a month before I get better. He also said I shouldn't play or hear music with headphones again :/

New faction war mode for just cause 2 Mp looks fun.Cant wait for the test this weekend.Also this made me curious that how much extra profit they made due to this mod,even the official fb page of jc2 is promoting this mod.

New HB Weekly Bundle
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Positech Games:
- Gratutious Space Battles
- Grautious Tank Battles
- Kudos 2
- Democracy 2 (pay more than average)

Good thing I didn't got the Gratutious games during the Sale

If I want to buy a Bundle for trading on Reddit, etc, how would that work? Do I get a Bundle key or something?

Fuu

Yeah, as you make new ones they get pushed to the right. I hope they add the ability to customize that area eventually.
Problem is, that community badge has been stuck in that position for me for a while now, I crafted 4 different badges after it and it won't move. It was the level 1 version and now it's level 2, so I hope that it evolving will unstuck it somehow. I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't so shitty with the broken transparency.

Problem is, that community badge has been stuck in that position for me for a while now, I crafted 4 different badges after it and it won't move. It was the level 1 version and now it's level 2, so I hope that it evolving will unstuck it somehow. I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't so shitty with the broken transparency.

That's really weird. I remember when I evolved it to the gold one it began to move over as I crafted more. Also, I don't think it goes beyond that second one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Sleeping Dogs profile backgrounds are even lazier.

Good job Square Enix.

Seriously considering finding GOOD Sleeping Dogs wallpapers to use as profile backgrounds in Enhanced Steam. Any ideas?

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyone know why there are a ton of graphical and multiplayer options grayed out for me in Dead Island? I can't stop people from joining my game and I can barely change the game graphics-wise.

On a related note: Every time I use melee weapons on zombies I think about how great this game would be with Chivalry's melee system.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Blizzard

Banned
I have Guacamelee on PS3, it's a pretty cool but very formulaic Metroidvania. It's also FULL of internet memes, so you have to be cool with that.
I'm okay with this.jpg

Also I love the game's visual style and especially loved the (stock?) music they used in the trailer. I hope the ingame music is similarly catchy.

This was like two weeks ago and volume wasn't that loud. After I got injured my dad told me my uncle has a permanent Tinnitus, so I just discovered it's a family illnes (no idea why they didn't told me before ¬¬).

And yes, I still have it. I went to a doctor and he told me it's probably temporary though, but it may take a month before I get better. He also said I shouldn't play or hear music with headphones again :/
That really sucks. My hearing isn't very good but I would hate not to be able to use headphones. :( Good luck.

Knurek

I'll try it then, thanks. If you think it's a good starting point (besides Jamestown, which I should also try again) then I'll believe you.

Yes, Shoot the Bullet is basically Danmaku Trainer.

Some more tips for the game.

1. You need to take a specific amount of photographs for each stage (from 3 to, uhh, 11 I believe). Each successful picture taken changes the boss pattern slightly, making it more and more difficult. The more risky the position the photo was taken, the higher it's scored.
2. There are no lives or bombs here, one hit and you'll need to redo the stage from beginning.
3. Standard keys are arrows to move, z to take photo (provided you have full battery), hold z to move the photo reticule further from you, shift to focus (slows movement, shows hitbox on your character), shift+z to super focus (slows movement even more, recharges the camera battery much faster).
4. Each photo you take recharges your camera battery slightly, depending on the number of bullets in the shot. Also all bullets in the photo reticule will be cleared, so sometimes you need to use that to carve some path through the bullet rain.
5. Make sure to get the English translation patch for the game, unless you're okay with Japanese. :)

Toma might want to take a look at the game as well, since it's basically the definition of indie game. :)

The_Monk

Trying to get some cards on Costume Quest. It's a shame I played this game Offline and when I went Online I missed 90% of the Achievements I got. Got the one for finishing the game I believe and not much else. Same with the time spent on the game but I already knew that.

Since it's been one year the last time I did this, is there a way for those Achievements to work in the future, in a rare event for me to use Steam Offline fellow GAFfers? I only had it Offline because I took one laptop on vacation. Thanks in advance.

Meanwhile watching a stream of someone playing a game I don't have it and going to make some coffee.

Fuu

I wanted to cry when I saw the Sleepy Dawgs background I got (the floating heads one Grief posted). I wasn't aware they were so horrible when I crafted the badge, I love the game but...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, Shoot the Bullet is basically Danmaku Trainer.

Some more tips for the game.

1. You need to take a specific amount of photographs for each stage (from 3 to, uhh, 11 I believe). Each successful picture taken changes the boss pattern slightly, making it more and more difficult. The more risky the position the photo was taken, the higher it's scored.
2. There are no lives or bombs here, one hit and you'll need to redo the stage from beginning.
3. Standard keys are arrows to move, z to take photo (provided you have full battery), hold z to move the photo reticule further from you, shift to focus (slows movement, shows hitbox on your character), shift+z to super focus (slows movement even more, recharges the camera battery much faster).
4. Each photo you take recharges your camera battery slightly, depending on the number of bullets in the shot. Also all bullets in the photo reticule will be cleared, so sometimes you need to use that to carve some path through the bullet rain.
5. Make sure to get the English translation patch for the game, unless you're okay with Japanese. :)

Toma might want to take a look at the game as well, since it's basically the definition of indie game. :)
This sounds a little too confusing for my liking. I don't understand the part about taking photos. Wasn't it supposed to be a top-down shooter?

Well, looks like I won't understand it unless I try it. Then I may be able to make good use of your tips, once I know what I'm dealing with. Thanks a lot!

Nymphae

Banned

I don't even care so much about the badges, I just have this compulsion to collect the full set of cards for games I like, ugly or not. I mean it's not going to cost a ton to complete the sets I want, I just wish I could get them all myself via gameplay. I guess that would sort of diminish the trading aspect, but whatever.

Yeah, as you make new ones they get pushed to the right. I hope they add the ability to customize that area eventually.

They do.

It's called the Badge Showcase.

ONLY TEN MORE LEVELS.

BUY MORE GAMES TO BUY MORE CARDS TO CRAFT MORE BADGES TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL TO SHOWCASE YOUR CARDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom