• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammy84

After thinking whether or not to get Trine. I decided to buy the complete edition (Might aswell get both)
After I bought it I received a Summer Card, has this happened to anyone else? I've tried backtracking through this thread but it moves so fast

derExperte

After thinking whether or not to get Trine. I decided to buy the complete edition (Might aswell get both)
After I bought it I received a Summer Card, has this happened to anyone else? I've tried backtracking through this thread but it moves so fast

Yes, to me earlier.

Thanks to "somebody" for the puppylove games. Will find something to gift back to Gaf shortly.

Looking forward to trying revenge of the titans. Heard good things.

Fireblend

Banned
Done with Kentucky Route Zero. Wow. Reminds me of something written by Neil Gaiman, or even Murakami. Good stuff, can't wait for the rest of the acts.

Still have my doubts about beginning Dark Souls just yet though... it just seems a little intimidating
KuGsj.gif

Also, Rogue Legacy looks pretty good, but I kind of am guessing that I'd only play it until Spelunky comes out, which seems kinda unfair. I'll just wait til I'm done with Spelunky and I happen to feel like playing something similar and RL is on sale.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My plan to tackle my backlog has failed miserably.

Still playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.
I'm avoiding tackling Dark Souls and FTL because of this for the time being. I've been playing shorter/more "beatable" stuff first before I throw myself in the pool of games that can suck you in for who knows how many hours. And god knows I can get a little crazy with the OCD too.

The "I don't have these games but I doubt I'd play them so I figured I'd gift them and I hope somebody enjoys them" bundle.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gratuitous Tank Battles -- MB-0FD5D87D29342BCB - Taken by Mugatu
Democracy 2 -- MB-181A04B9DA7B284E - Taken by jshackles

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The "I don't have these games but I doubt I'd play them so I figured I'd gift them and I hope somebody enjoys them" bundle.

Thanks for Democracy 2! I'm not going to lie - the beer-gut American flag T-shirt wearing dude in the first screenshot on the Steam store totally made me want to play this one.

Khronico

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-C12E9CF88CAA6CCB - Taken by The_Monk
Kung Fu Strike -- MB-382809CBF1A5357B - Taken by The Super Bob
Cargo Commander -- MB-83ACDB8909BC75DD - Taken by cammy84
Zeno Clash -- MB-999C734D022DC24F - Taken by Crayons

Enjoy =)

The_Monk

Thanks for Democracy 2! I'm not going to lie - the beer-gut American flag T-shirt wearing dude in the first screenshot on the Steam store totally made me want to play this one.

Believe it or not I was thinking the same thing fellow GAFfer!

Also, thanks to kind GAFfer Khronico to Journey Down!

Edit: Here's a nice write made by one of our fellow GAFfers:

"I thought it was wonderful. Wonderful voice acting with minor quibbles such as audio quality not being standard in parts. Graphics were good, not likely to tax any machine you have as it seems everything is pre-rendered. The humor is good, and it's amusing and cute. The music is very catchy and memorable. Puzzles are easy but there's a little too much backtracking, and it's overall rather short. I wish it was three times as long. It took me about 2 hours.

Overall I'm very excited to see what happens to Bwana and Kito, my new Rastafarian buddies."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know how in shooting games there's typically a bomb that clears the screen? That's the photos. You can't kill anything; you don't actually have a standard shot. You can only fire your screen-clearing bomb to get rid of all the bullets.
Knurek mentions that it's a good trainer because you can't kill anything and your bomb has a recharge time. So you can't just spam massive damage and hope the enemy dies quickly enough that you don't get overwhelmed; you actually have to practice and improve at dodging bullets.

This is the Steam thread though, so to steer us back on topic I will recommend eXceed 3rd. It is considered very accessible because you can turn on an option that will automatically drop a bomb when you get hit in addition to having an easy mode. At least two posters in the Indie Bundle thread were able to clear Autobomb Easy on their first try, so...

There are three eXceed games on Steam, but...well, the second is a bit rougher visually and the first is pretty rough on all fronts. If you are interested in them anyway, the trilogy will probably be $5 (or less) during the Winter Sale or a daily deal. There is also an IndieGala bundle running right now that has all three of them, but if you're not interested in any of the other games it's not as good a deal since it will cost you at least $6.30 (the price keeps changing).
Thanks! Wishlisted that game. So would you say only the 3rd one is worth getting at this point? I'm not convinced on the hyper Easy mode, as it doesn't seem to be a proper training for what will come in the other difficulties.

And now I understand the other game better. It seems to be more about dodging and surviving than actually killing enemies. Sounds really hard.

derExperte

The raffle option is the best thing ever, let's go...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-372B2C7A697682CA - Taken by nightstorm

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thanks! Wishlisted that game. So would you say only the 3rd one is worth getting at this point?
Hmm, I really don't know.

I say this because I don't think I can rid myself of my bias enough to render a suitable judgement for someone who isn't already an ardent fan of the genre. I'm kinda nuts about them and buy them up like candy (...with certain exceptions) even if they're kinda bad, and I haven't even played the first game at all yet.

Try the demos for the second and third.

The_Monk

The Night of the Rabbit is a pretty good adventure game. :)

Can't you tell me how much time did it take you to finish it, amigo?

How Long to Beat is down and I was just curious. I want to take my time with it though, love the art style in this game so no rush in finishing it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
woo and indeed hoo contacted me about his weird double raffle giveaway thing. I checked the logs to see what happened.

1) ModBot started to give the game to dirty whirlwind. It scanned backwards through the thread to find the giveaway post and edit it. Since it was a 24 hour giveaway, it had to go back through dozens of pages to find it.

2) While it was doing this, 30 seconds passed, so ModBot started its next batch of jobs. Since the raffle didn't have a winner yet (ModBot still hadn't recorded the original winner because it was still looking for the post), it picked Kinky John for the raffle win.

3) The first ModBot batch found the post and edited it and indicated that dirty whirlwind was the winner and sent the key to him. At this point it deleted all other entries and declared the raffle closed.

4) The second ModBot batch found the post and edited it and indicated that Kinky John was the winner and sent the key to him etc.

This can easily be fixed, and it never triggered before because a) it's never had to look through that many pages before; b) in the pre-raffle era it would have awarded the game to the same person so it'd be a double PM instead of two different winners. Sorry for the inconvenience to whichever of the two winners DIDN'T get a copy of the game.

cicero

woo and indeed hoo contacted me about his weird double raffle giveaway thing. I checked the logs to see what happened.

1) ModBot started to give the game to dirty whirlwind. It scanned backwards through the thread to find the giveaway post and edit it. Since it was a 24 hour giveaway, it had to go back through dozens of pages to find it.

2) While it was doing this, 30 seconds passed, so ModBot started its next batch of jobs. Since the raffle didn't have a winner yet (ModBot still hadn't recorded the original winner because it was still looking for the post), it picked Kinky John for the raffle win.

3) The first ModBot batch found the post and edited it and indicated that dirty whirlwind was the winner and sent the key to him. At this point it deleted all other entries and declared the raffle closed.

4) The second ModBot batch found the post and edited it and indicated that Kinky John was the winner and sent the key to him etc.

This can easily be fixed, and it never triggered before because a) it's never had to look through that many pages before; b) in the pre-raffle era it would have awarded the game to the same person so it'd be a double PM instead of two different winners. Sorry for the inconvenience to whichever of the two winners DIDN'T get a copy of the game.

Well, I sent woo a message earlier saying I had forgotten I had already bought System Shock 2 during the Summer Sale, so he should give my copy away to dirty whirlwind instead. Apparently I had actually idled for System Shock 2 cards at some point too, I don't even remember any of this. IT HAS ALL BECOME A BLUR. :|

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I really don't know.

I say this because I don't think I can rid myself of my bias enough to render a suitable judgement for someone who isn't already an ardent fan of the genre. I'm kinda nuts about them and buy them up like candy (...with certain exceptions) even if they're kinda bad, and I haven't even played the first game at all yet.

Try the demos for the second and third.
Thanks! I'll try them then.

Also, I just made this. It's my own control scheme for Euro Truck Simulator 2. I made the picture for a GAFfer, but I think it may also help anyone who's wondering how to set their 360 pad (of course, I'm sure there are better layouts out there):

LfWf0zi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom