• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Citadels - http://store.steampowered.com/app/238870/

The Legend Of King Arthur Reborn!

A vast army has gathered in front of the castle gates and is preparing to attack King Arthur! How has it come to this?
Witness important events in the history of the legendary king and accompany him and his army on the path to an uncertain future. It is up to you to restore the honor, the glory and the reign of the Arthurian line, and rewrite the course of history!
Good or evil? The decision is entirely yours! Two extensive campaigns give you insight into both sides of the war.
Key Features

- Construct impregnable fortresses, equip them with units, ditches and palisades and crush the hordes of enemies with your defense structures!
- A fortress alone does not mean victory! Build a dependable infrastructure and manage your resources.
- Your strategy will decide between victory and defeat! Only with the right combination of defense structures, units, extraction of raw materials, and production, will you emerge victorious from the sieges.
- Experience epic battles with realistic destruction! Assemble your army from a multitude of different units. But beware of falling rubble and take geographical conditions into account in your battle plan.
- Unlock legendary characters! Complete specific tasks and gain the support of famous heroes, granting you strategic advantages in battle.

ss_905d6fa6f4887c8d83b801a32c2a4c5e7bf8dad5.1920x1080.jpg

Never heard of that before but I like what I'm reading and seeing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, I sent woo a message earlier saying I had forgotten I had already bought System Shock 2 during the Summer Sale, so he should give my copy away to dirty whirlwind instead. Apparently I had actually idled for System Shock 2 cards at some point too, I don't even remember any of this. IT HAS ALL BECOME A BLUR. :|

Thanks for covering for me :p

Edit: The bug that caused it is fixed and won't happen for any other giveaway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The new version of Enhanced Steam for Firefox has been sent to Mozilla. It's version 3.7 and incorporates a lot more stuff from the Chrome version.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

You can install it manually from the above link, or you can wait for Mozilla's review process. Hopefully the review process is quicker this time, as last time it took almost a full month.

The new version should work with Firefox 17+, but you get bonus features if you're using Firefox 24 ("Aurora") or newer. That's because this version allows for cross domain scripting.

There are only a few features left that have not been ported over from the Chrome version, such as inventory features, market features, and (most noticeably) tags.

Enjoy!

maneil99

$37.50 from 170 cards, still have 100 cards to go, need 15$ more for Call Of Duty Ghosts + Rogue Legacy. Might Switch CoD for Rome 2

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Super House of Dead Ninjas is actually a very fun game! From the store screenshots I didn't thought it would be, and the video also didn't convince me. I still bought it because it was cheap, and now I'm glad that I did.

Holy crap FTL is awesome. Although I died within 10 minutes lol.

The picture is right!

Ha I started playing it myself today, just finished after playing it for 3 hours with my brother, with us both deciding on actions etc. Now he's going to go buy it tomorrow. Absolutely class.

Might get Red Alert ( though I've never played one) and Darksiders 2 DLC ( though I gave up the main story) tomorrow. Maybe Skulls of The Shogun too. A fool and his money are easily parted.

I just finished RAGE I won during a giveaway by a nice GAFfer during the Summer Sale.

What was that ending? It just felt like they forgot to end the Game. It just stops. And then you get a message "You can still play some more!"
Not even any credits.

The_Monk

I just finished RAGE I won during a giveaway by a nice GAFfer during the Summer Sale.

What was that ending? It just felt like they forgot to end the Game. It just stops. And then you get a message "You can still play some more!"
Not even any credits.

It was the most bland ending I can remember fellow GAFfer. Out of the blue indeed I was playing and not expecting it at all.

Nabs

Not even any credits.

hahah. even a warning couldn't prepare me for that ending.

hahah. even a warning couldn't prepare me for that ending.

It just... I dont know if you can even call that an ending. The game just "stops" and throws you back into the city, like nothing happened. I am fine without any big boss fight, but it just seems that there is something missing.

Can't you tell me how much time did it take you to finish it, amigo?

How Long to Beat is down and I was just curious. I want to take my time with it though, love the art style in this game so no rush in finishing it.
Apparently I have 17 hours on the game, but I spent lots of time playing the mini-game Quartets with every NPC possible, and I idled on the game a bit as well, while I was working (I finished the game before it got steam cards, so spare the joke :p ).

The new version of Enhanced Steam for Firefox has been sent to Mozilla. It's version 3.7 and incorporates a lot more stuff from the Chrome version.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

You can install it manually from the above link, or you can wait for Mozilla's review process. Hopefully the review process is quicker this time, as last time it took almost a full month.

The new version should work with Firefox 17+, but you get bonus features if you're using Firefox 24 ("Aurora") or newer. That's because this version allows for cross domain scripting.

There are only a few features left that have not been ported over from the Chrome version, such as inventory features, market features, and (most noticeably) tags.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the update!

cicero

Thanks for covering for me :p

Edit: The bug that caused it is fixed and won't happen for any other giveaway.

I just sent the modbot message I received, with the gift url included, to dirty whirlwind. Also sent a private message to woo and indeed hoo explaining things. That should be the final resolution to this issue.

The_Monk

Apparently I have 17 hours on the game, but I spent lots of time playing the mini-game Quartets with every NPC possible, and I idled on the game a bit as well, while I was working (I finished the game before it got steam cards, so spare the joke :p ).

Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer. Seems that I might get at least 10 hours of it, can't wait to relax and play this game, no rush in finishing that's for sure.

mrgone

I was gifted Organ Trail, is it actually any good, gameplay wise?

I kind of like Oregon Trail parodies, but I'm sick of zombies crap.

I think I ended up playing more of Organ Trail during the sale than any other game. A zombie apocalypse fits the Oregon Trail framework really well.

Overdoziz

Banned
Reposting:

Anyone know why there are a ton of graphical and multiplayer options grayed out for me in Dead Island? I can't stop people from joining my game and I can barely change the game graphics-wise.

Grief.exe

.... what did you say?

Do what now?

Its a joke in reference to GAFer BHK3 winning a copy of Rogue Legacy from a giveaway on the last day of Steam Sales.

He subsequently decided he didn't like the way it 'looked' and decided to sell it to his friend for a copy of Rage.

image.php

Well I believe it's true. It has to be since I never even heard of Rogue Galaxy fellow GAFfers. Is that an indie game?

Rogue Galaxy is a PS2 JRPG lol!

Thanks! Wishlisted that game. So would you say only the 3rd one is worth getting at this point? I'm not convinced on the hyper Easy mode, as it doesn't seem to be a proper training for what will come in the other difficulties.

And now I understand the other game better. It seems to be more about dodging and surviving than actually killing enemies. Sounds really hard.

You're better off getting the bundle price-wise but, play-wise, 3rd is the most accessible although you dig the polarity switching mechanic, 2nd may actually be a better option, just be advise that since it has dynamic rank, once you start getting good, the game will adjust accordingly so you may suddenly find things getting quite crazy. In those cases, just apply "rank control" (aka, sacrifice a life) to lower the difficulty a great deal. (edit: or just go MLG PRO at the game and blaze it on eXceed rank, those scrubs won't know what they hit them.)

Anyway, back to eXceed 3rd, the "imposing" patterns are all for show in this kind of games: your hitbox is much smaller than usual and you can get 5 extra options+mini-dragons that increase your firepower. Normal is doable after easy. Hell, Hard is also quite doable, especially with auto-bomb. The music helps getting all pumped and in the "zone".

I would've suggested picking something like Satazius (on Easy) or Jamestown (on its easiest settings) first since both are great introductions to the genre. But, like I said, in the bullet hell type of shmup, the bullets are more for show and intimidation, they are not that hard. (In fact, I find traditional shooters to be more challenging: something like R-Type Delta or G-Darius is far more brutal.)

edit: with the Yatagarasu campaign I got introduced to the fighting game genre and now I understand how a newbie to shmups feel when I do this kind of info-dumps, lol.

Thanks! Wishlisted that game. So would you say only the 3rd one is worth getting at this point? I'm not convinced on the hyper Easy mode, as it doesn't seem to be a proper training for what will come in the other difficulties.

I like 2 a lot more than 3. You need to constantly switch between light and dark to damage enemies and absorb bullets. The game in return does a great job of throwing in mixed targets at you to keep you moving.

Great little game.

Looks like Kalypso has another Tropico/Omerta like game in the coming soon section with Rise of Venice and ship combat to boot. Release date September 27.

Retne

Its a joke in reference to GAFer BHK3 winning a copy of Rogue Legacy from a giveaway on the last day of Steam Sales.

He subsequently decided he didn't like the way it 'looked' and decided to sell it to his friend for a copy of Rage.

image.php

Rogue Galaxy is a PS2 JRPG lol!

smh...

I'm kinda glad I missed that and I also wish I didn't know about it now.

Just a thank you note to both cicero and woo and indeed hoo for System Shock 2. Will be very interesting trying this one out. Now, I don't suppose Grief.exe is here, so he can post the modding guide once again.

Grief.exe

Just a thank you note to both cicero and woo and indeed hoo for System Shock 2. Will be very interesting trying this one out. Now, I don't suppose Grief.exe is here, so he can post the modding guide once again.

There ya go

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

smh...

I'm kinda glad I missed that and I also wish I didn't know about it now.

We should probably add him to the OP of the next Steam Sales.

Don't be like BHK3, only take keys for games you want to play. Otherwise you are taking them from people who do.

Salsa

I have a really really bad ps2 racing wheel that works on PC

I might just hook it up and launch Euro Truck Simulator 2

what am I doing with my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom