• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

GFWL was my puppy

1000/1000

Just hoping that people would support these other fighting games as well. Support companies that are willing to take a risk in bringing their games over to PC, and not load them with intrusive DRM.
In retrospect, I should have worded it differently to reflect that.

I got a question for you. Why do you feel the need to always attack me?
I read your posts and its almost like I've beaten your puppy or something. Whats with the animosity?

If you guys want to support FGs on PC, make sure you pick up Skullgirls when it hits Steam. Best netcode (GGPO), no loading times, and 1080p/60fps goodness.

xJavonta

Banned
I don't know if anyone has one here, but I'm thinking of picking up an Astro A40 headset as my Corsair HS1s broke WHEN I TOOK THEM OFF MY HEAD! (Sorry, still bitter about that.)

Anyway, I don't have a sound card and these are expensive, so should I invest in one? Or are they USB anyway? I don't know, I just hear people raving about them.
Fuck the haters. Headsets are awesome. Sure, actual headphones sound better, but for $250 you can get a pair of comfortable Astros with a mic and the awesome mix amp.

There's always something better out there, but if you don't really care about the best of the best audio and just wanna play some games and talk to friends, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a gaming headset

denx

Tell me if you get your key without any problems so I can now for sure it's just me.

You get the key when you install the game right? I have to make space on my hard drive, so I won't know if there is any problem with the key until later this week. :/

Better DS3 looks neat, thanks!

Gbraga

You get the key when you install the game right? I have to make space on my hard drive, so I won't know if there is any problem with the key until later this week. :/

Better DS3 looks neat, thanks!

You can just click "CD Key" when you select the game to see it.

Thieve

Neo Member
1000/1000

If you guys want to support FGs on PC, make sure you pick up Skullgirls when it hits Steam. Best netcode (GGPO), no loading times, and 1080p/60fps goodness.

I've been waiting since they announced the game (hoping it'd make it to pc). As I don't own any consoles and I've been hoping to get into fighting games again, but refuse to get anything with GFWL after having been screwed over too many times. I thought it was supposed to be in beta now, and all the rumors of beta starting soon are getting my hopes up.

Nabs

I've been waiting since they announced the game (hoping it'd make it to pc). As I don't own any consoles and I've been hoping to get into fighting games again, but refuse to get anything with GFWL after having been screwed over too many times. I thought it was supposed to be in beta now, and all the rumors of beta starting soon are getting my hopes up.

There's one error holding the beta back and Mike Z is cracking out to fix it right now.

Bought three months of Xbox Live because of the free games and this month we get Defense Grid: The Awakening...

30b6nnv.gif

I really need the Summer Sale.

Already did my part and backed it!

With Sega's push at DD I was sad that VF5FS didn't end up getting a Steam release. While 2D fighters are getting a good representation on PC there's nothing for the 3D playing side of things.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Ok quick pre-dinner giveaway. I've got 6 copies of SSFIV to gift.

PM me your Steam email if you want one.

Edit - and gone

Grief.exe

Fuck the haters. Headsets are awesome. Sure, actual headphones sound better, but for $250 you can get a pair of comfortable Astros with a mic and the awesome mix amp.

There's always something better out there, but if you don't really care about the best of the best audio and just wanna play some games and talk to friends, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a gaming headset

We already convinced him to get a quality pair of headphones, he is set.

Its actually not that hard to convince people to be honest.

Mixamp is pointless on PC btw, you would be better off with a sound card for DAC, amp, and better positional audio, all for cheaper than that Mixamp.
I do recommend the mixamp to people who want to use a quality pair of headphones with their consoles. Of course, I just recommend getting it by itself.

It all comes down to what kind of money you want to spend versus the quality of product you are getting. If you want to spend $300, why not get the best you can possibly get?

For new page, gotta decide to buy this tonight or hold off until summer sale. Anyone have any insight? I know I'm being super cheap since it's already 66% off...but still.

Do you guys think that Natural Selection 2 will have a better sale during the summer sale? Was thinking about picking up two copies for two friends of mine but am not sure if I should wait...66% off ($8.49) is really cheap already, though.

Dupy

Gifts have been sent. Sorry for the latecomers. I would have sent personal PMs back but there were too many this time.

Hoping for a summer sale. That's when I feel most generous:)

smr00

Banned
Hard to tell. I've seen some people genuinely believe that there won't be a summer sale this year. :/

About SFIV, how are keyboard controls in that game. Is it possible for one person to be playing on keyboard and another on a controller locally?

Also, what controller would you suggest to play fighting games on PC?
Those are probably the same people that complain every single year because the sale doesn't happen in the first 24 hours of "their" summer.

Summer doesn't end in June, hell.. Some peoples summer doesn't even start till mid-late june if not later.

Gifts have been sent. Sorry for the latecomers. I would have sent personal PMs back but there were too many this time.

Hoping for a summer sale. That's when I feel most generous:)

Nuts I'm always late. Those trading cards gave me some free money so I'll only have to spend a couple of dollars on ae.

Amagon

Yeah, after having used MotionInJoy for some time I suddenly got a lot of chinese adds whenever I launched it. I am now using Better DS3. It basically is a better and cleaner version of MotionInJoy and runs offline. You still have to use MotionInJoy's driver but you don't have to run MotionInJoy anymore. It has some nice features like assigning a master profile which each controller connecting to it automatically uses. I can now just sit on my couch and turn on the controller (have Better DS3 on autostart) which automatically gets recognised as an Xbox360 controller (without the need to stand up walk over to my PC and start MotionInJoy and manually asign the Xbox360 Controller emultion to the DS3).

Thanks, gonna try this right now.

Edit: So I need to install the drivers first for MotioninJoy then, run Better DS3?

masterkajo

Thanks, gonna try this right now.

Edit: So I need to install the drivers first for MotioninJoy then, run Better DS3?

As far as I understand this yes. I had MotionInJoy and it's DS3 drivers already installed so all I needed to do was run Better DS3. But I think you have to install the MIJ drivers which AFAIK can only be done be running MIJ at least once. Maybe there is a better way out there that I don't know of.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks Dupy for being so awesome. Even though I was way too late, it is always nice to see such generosity here.

Dupy

As far as I understand this yes. I had MotionInJoy and it's DS3 drivers already installed so all I needed to do was run Better DS3. But I think you have to install the MIJ drivers which AFAIK can only be done be running MIJ at least once. Maybe there is a better way out there that I don't know of.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks Dupy for being so awesome. Even though I was way too late, it is always nice to see such generosity here.

I've mainly been a lurker around here since 2005 so it's nice to give something back. This is the best way I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom