• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooter

you guys excited for the summer sale tomorrow

t1gb4klq3-t.jpg

This will be my first summer sale, is it like those daily deals they have but for more games?

Thanks!

your first time? It will be madness.

And yes. Depends on how they do it this time around, but generally there are a set number of daily deals that refresh at the same time...then they'll have sales rotate every 6ish hours or so + a community voted sale.

Plus something to do with cards and badges.

That is all assuming it hasn't been cancelled

73V3N

Banned
your first time? It will be madness.

And yes. Depends on how they do it this time around, but generally there are a set number of daily deals that refresh at the same time...then they'll have sales rotate every 6ish hours or so + a community voted sale.

Plus something to do with cards and badges.

That is all assuming it hasn't been cancelled

Sounds awesome.
thanks for the info.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I emailed Valve and they didn't even respond.

I really don't think we're getting a sale. =/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And of course it didn't solve my problem, why would it?

Back to downloading a fuckton of stuff because of a game I bought twice and still can't play.

And that, folks, is why DRM is fucking garbage. Especially GFWL.
That's why you should always backup your Steamapps folder before doing anything to the Steam installation :/

I hope we don't get a sale. Instead, I hope that Valve gives free games to those who are level 15 or higher. This is how it will go:

Level 15-20 = 1 free game of your choice
Level 21-30 = 2 free games of your choice
Level 31-40 = 3 free games of your choice
Level 41-50 = 4 free games of your choice
Level 51-60 = 5 free games of your choice
Level 61-70 = 6 free games of your choice
Level 71+ = Half Life 3 beta immediately. But if the person plays the beta online then Valve will erase their entire Steam account for breaking the NDA.

I've been waiting since they announced the game (hoping it'd make it to pc). As I don't own any consoles and I've been hoping to get into fighting games again, but refuse to get anything with GFWL after having been screwed over too many times. I thought it was supposed to be in beta now, and all the rumors of beta starting soon are getting my hopes up.

I saw a recent stream Mike Z was in and he said the Beta was supposed to be out last week but there was an error he didn't foresee and now he's fixing the kinks so it can come out in the window of 2 weeks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the last few pages, and I see Dupy being a kind gentleman again. Lots of great people on SteamGAF, I love you guys <3

This will be my first summer sale, is it like those daily deals they have but for more games?

First sale? Ooooo boy. Buckle up! Too bad it wasn't the winter/holiday sale. Steam, GMG, Gamersgate, Amazon, everybody fighting for every penny for like a whole month

73V3N:
I would try and temper your expectations for the
cancelled
Steam sale. The last couple of years the likes of Amazon and Green Man Gaming have put the Steam sale to shame with Steam registered games. Unless Valve does some type of meta game again I wouldn't expect anything that great. You'll get your constant 25-33% off sale for the newest games, 50% off for games that are 6 months old, and 75% off games that are a year or older. Other than that it will be meh.

Berto

Anyone has an idea how long Waking Mars is? I'm about 4 hours in, i'm enjoying it, it's like if Capsized and Aquaria had a child, but it's getting a bit boring as the time goes by.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
If you guys want to support FGs on PC, make sure you pick up Skullgirls when it hits Steam. Best netcode (GGPO), no loading times, and 1080p/60fps goodness.

I've already got Mortal Kombat pre-ordered, and I've got a decent amount of steam wallet money with Skullgirls' name on it for whenever that comes out. I really hate how few fighting games there are on PC, so I've been eagerly awaiting the release of these two games. There's also the KoF game that showed up on the Steam registry a while back, I hope that comes out soon.

After getting a nice batch of fighting games, we just need to get some JRPGs.

73V3N

Banned
First sale? Ooooo boy. Buckle up! Too bad it wasn't the winter/holiday sale. Steam, GMG, Gamersgate, Amazon, everybody fighting for every penny for like a whole month

Hahaha, I gotta start getting ready for the winter sale then, too bad the only way I can get some dollars is doing "online jobs".

73V3N:
I would try and temper your expectations for the
cancelled
Steam sale. The last couple of years the likes of Amazon and Green Man Gaming have put the Steam sale to shame with Steam registered games. Unless Valve does some type of meta game again I wouldn't expect anything that great. You'll get your constant 25-33% off sale for the newest games, 50% off for games that are 6 months old, and 75% off games that are a year or older. Other than that it will be meh.

I've missed a lot of games so I'm ok with 75& off for old games hahaha.

Hahaha, I gotta start getting ready for the winter sale then, too bad the only way I can get some dollars is doing "online jobs".

I've missed a lot of games so I'm ok with 75& off for old games hahaha.

I'm sure folks have already told you but make sure to pay attention to the Humble Bundle games, Amazon summer sale, Groupee's sales, etc. Lotta games for cheap.

denx

Thanks!
My first Steam sale was the Halloween 2011 sale. I bought Borderlands GOTY and Amnesia back then. Then in the Fall 2011 sale the standout for me was getting the first two Mass Effect games at 5 dollars each. Once you get a taste of a big Steam sale, you never go back.

Of course, that couldn't prepare me for the madness of the 2011 Winter sale. Back then there was the whole coal thing going on (a bunch of games gave you coal for unlocking certain achievements. If you were lucky. crafting coal could give you a free game. I got Terraria that way), so I ended up playing a bunch of free to play games that I haven't played again since then. There was also the Humble Indie Bundle 4 going on at the same time. Since a lot of the games on that bundle gave Steam coal, people were buying tons of copies of the bundle at 1 cent to activate them on alt accounts to get more coal. It was madness (and also the reason you must pay at least 1 dollar to unlock Steam keys on the Humble Bundles).

I'm pretty sure they will do something with the Steam cards for the upcoming Summer sale. Any time Valve does a metagame during a big sale, the community goes crazy.

73V3N

Banned
I'm sure folks have already told you but make sure to pay attention to the Humble Bundle games, Amazon summer sale, Groupee's sales, etc. Lotta games for cheap.

Yeah, I've been looking at those and also some sales xelios has posted.
thanks for the info!

My first Steam sale was the Halloween 2011 sale. I bought Borderlands GOTY and Amnesia back then. Then in the Fall 2011 sale the standout for me was getting the first two Mass Effect games at 5 dollars each. Once you get a taste of a big Steam sale, you never go back.

Of course, that couldn't prepare me for the madness of the 2011 Winter sale. Back then there was the whole coal thing going on (a bunch of games gave you coal for unlocking certain achievements. If you were lucky. crafting coal could give you a free game. I got Terraria that way), so I ended up playing a bunch of free to play games that I haven't played again since then. There was also the Humble Indie Bundle 4 going on at the same time. Since a lot of the games on that bundle gave Steam coal, people were buying tons of copies of the bundle at 1 cent to activate them on alt accounts to get more coal. It was madness (and also the reason you must pay at least 1 dollar to unlock Steam keys on the Humble Bundles).

I'm pretty sure they will do something with the Steam cards for the upcoming Summer sale. Any time Valve does a metagame during a big sale, the community goes crazy.

Wow, I didn't know it was like that, now I get why everyone is so hyped.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
0sIWRM1.jpg

Thanks a lot Toddhunter! I wasn't expecting this at all, lol

Once again, SteamGAF showing that its members are really kind ladies and gentlemen.

And this reminded me of something: a guy I know named Thomas is feeling lonely because he lost his Sonic disc while watching the dark NightSky. Feel free to quote this if you wanna know more about this.

73V3N

Banned

Once again, SteamGAF showing that its members are really kind ladies and gentlemen.

And this reminded me of something: a guy I know named Thomas is feeling lonely because he lost his Sonic disc while watching the dark NightSky. Feel free to quote this if you wanna know more about this.

Thomas was alone, please?

EDIT: Thanks!

0sIWRM1.jpg

Sonic CD please?

mannerbot

0sIWRM1.jpg

Sonic CD?

edit: nm, too late!

Nabs

http://i.imgur.com/0sIWRM1.jpg

That soundtrack is legit.

Grief.exe

Winter 2011 was amazing. Sad that people abused the metagame and we haven't seen its like since.

I'm sure trading cards will be a huge part of this sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thomas was alone, please?
Sent it your way!

RionaaM, just let him have it! Thanks anyway!
Oh, I just sent it to you. Feel free to do with it whatever you please, you're a kind man :)

Sonic CD?
edit: nm, too late!
May I tempt you with a Waking Mars or Superbrothers key then? (I don't know if the latter is unused, but the former definitely is; was just checking my Humble Bundle account and saw that I had 2 or more copies of some games, which I had totally forgotten, so I've got a few keys to give out)

mannerbot

May I tempt you with a Waking Mars or Superbrothers key then? (I don't know if the latter is unused, but the former definitely is; was just checking my Humble Bundle account and saw that I had 2 or more copies of some games, which I had totally forgotten, so I've got a few keys to give out)

Already have both, thanks for the giveaways anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom