• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

It hasn't (it's listed in the BIOS); my Win7 installation just banged its head on something.

I wasn't aware of OCZ's reputation when I purchased the SSD over a year more than two years ago (if memory serves it was the cheapest available at the time), and although I've only had one serious issue with the drive (the firmware randomly and suddenly became corrupt), I have read many negative opinions regarding the Vertex 3, so I'll definitely be choosing a different brand for my 120GB/128GB replacement. (As I have a spare 2.5" drive bay, I'll keep the 60GB SSD installed for games.)

Glad to hear it.

Edit: I'll also have to remember to make a backup image of my Win8 installation once everything is in order. I've been meaning to do this the past few times I've reinstalled Win7, but simply kept forgetting to do so, haha.

I like to start over completely fresh when I install, but that's just me.

Pretty sure he means Street Fighter :p

I know what he was referring to, I wasn't disputing his statement in any way, and I didn't seem to display any confusion in what he was referring to.

Edit: I'll also have to remember to make a backup image of my Win8 installation once everything is in order. I've been meaning to do this the past few times I've reinstalled Win7, but simply kept forgetting to do so, haha.

You know W8 has the refresh, reset and restore options. Refresh is basically delete everything except the system while reset formats and reinstall like the recovery of many OEM setups. Restore is the old system restore to a specific date.

So you might not need to take an image since W8 itself does the reformat or refresh stuff easily and quickly.

Gbraga

Created a new account and bought the game once again, then clicked CD-Key and "Failed to contact key server"

I guess that's what you get for being a fucking idiot and buying a game you already own because GFWL decided to screw you over.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What the... GRID 2 is only £23 on Steam UK, and it's not even a sale. Is that region locked? I was hoping for 33% off for the summer sale but that is good enough. If it's not restricted I may have to hit up the equal distribution thread.

Tak3n

Banned
What the... GRID 2 is only £23 on Steam UK, and it's not even a sale. Is that region locked? I was hoping for 33% off for the summer sale but that is good enough. If it's not restricted I may have to hit up the equal distribution thread.

your best bet is to look on ebay uk as over here we get a free version of grid 2 if you buy a haswell i5/i7 chip, so they can be had for around £12-£15

Hawkie

What is this "equal distribution thread" that you speak of?

Dice

your best bet is to look on ebay uk as over here we get a free version of grid 2 if you buy a haswell i5/i7 chip, so they can be had for around £12-£15
I just picked up a code (and random t-shirt I will likely use for doing yardwork or painting) with free shipping for $20. Perfectly fair price for me, especially as I want to play it NOWWW. Apparently they will send me an email with the code. Potential drama coming up if it doesn't work! But they have 100% positive feedback. Cheers.

What is this "equal distribution thread" that you speak of?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394003

Tak3n

Banned
I just picked up a code (and random t-shirt I will likely use for doing yardwork or painting) with free shipping for $20. Perfectly fair price for me, especially as I want to play it NOWWW. Apparently they will send me an email with the code. Potential drama coming up if it doesn't work! But they have 100% positive feedback. Cheers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394003

if it is a haswell code, you need to go to a special website to get your steam code, if he does not give you it just google Intel grid 2 activation site, as I threw my card away so not sure of address...

input your code there and it gives you steam code

Dice

if it is a haswell code, you need to go to a special website to get your steam code, if he does not give you it just google Intel grid 2 activation site, as I threw my card away so not sure of address...

input your code there and it gives you steam code
It actually appears to be an American promo, as seen here related to this. The code comes on a card with instructions for direct Steam use.

If you buy it, tell me if you can get your key normally. Google tells me it happens when they run out of keys, but a friend of mine bought after I did (afaik) and got his key.

I just bought it today and had no problems. This PC version is great (outside of the fact it uses GFWL), I should have picked it up earlier.

Do you guys think that Natural Selection 2 will have a better sale during the summer sale? Was thinking about picking up two copies for two friends of mine but am not sure if I should wait...66% off ($8.49) is really cheap already, though.

Gbraga

Ok so I started reading up and apparently if the problem isn't keys they recommend you uninstall steam and install it again, so I thought, why not?

Turns out uninstalling steam means I lose everything I downloaded so far.

Fuck this, seriously, fuck this.

Nabs

Ok so I started reading up and apparently if the problem isn't keys they recommend you uninstall steam and install it again, so I thought, why not?

That's something we all go through once.

Gbraga

And of course it didn't solve my problem, why would it?

Back to downloading a fuckton of stuff because of a game I bought twice and still can't play.

And that, folks, is why DRM is fucking garbage. Especially GFWL.

Joe Molotov

Welcome to Steam, brother. You've passed the initiation.

denx

I looked around and there doesn't seem to be a way to split buy a four pack using Steam Wallet funds. I don't have paypal or credit cards, so well shit... :/

Also this:
I can do playing fighting games with a stick, but I'm more of a D-Pad person. So any suggestion for a PC controller with a decent D-Pad is welcomed.

Blizzard

Banned
Unless you want carpal tunnel i wouldn't use the keyboard to play SFIV.
Also I DO NOT recommend using a 360 controller for it. I tried using the analog sticks and about killed my hands. Seriously -- I've typed all day for a living and I've only rarely had issues with carpal tunnel etc., but SFIV was brutal.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I looked around and there doesn't seem to be a way to split buy a four pack using Steam Wallet funds. I don't have paypal or credit cards, so well shit... :/

Also this:

Some people use the card/TF2 market to rig purchases to transfer steam wallet funds over. You lose out on some money for fees, but it's the best way thus far.

Thankfully GFWL has been unofficially killed off.

Thanks Microsoft for ruining an entire generation of PC games.

Almost sounds like a fairy tale where the evil witch has been defeated and people can finally live happily.
However this begs the question, how long before MS unleashes the next swarm of deadly profesionnal penguin heisters in our game libraries ?

inky

Thankfully GFWL has been unofficially killed off.

Thanks Microsoft for ruining an entire generation of PC games.

I remember when they used to have their PC game section over at Xbox.com one of the disclaimers read: "Own what you buy. Once you buy a game it is yours forever!" or something like that. Of all the storefronts that sold PC games it always cracked me up reading that in a Microsoft site of all places.

Their PC approach has always been so disastrous.

Well, I crafted a few badges and got 3 coupons out of it. Would anyone in here like them?

50% off Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition
25% off The Walking Dead
50% off A game of Dwarves

I believe they're good till July 4th

If anyone would like them, let me know and I'll send them to you. Better someone get some use out of one of them then have it sit in my inventory just to expire.

denx

You can use the dualshock 3 with motioninjoy to emulate a 360 controller.

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't MotionInJoy connect to some fishy chinese servers? I think I read that around here.

But yeah, DS3 seems the way to go. I just need a good 360 emulation software for it.

Also screw it, I'm buying SFIV on my own (sorry).

LQX

Can a UK gaffer buy me SSF IV please being that it is cheaper?

Will also trade either of these for a copy.
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
The Cave
Hell Yeah/Hell Yeah! Pimp my Rabbit/Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions
Renegade Ops/Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack/Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign

Please PM.

Edit-
Will pay if that was not clear.

Gbraga

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't MotionInJoy connect to some fishy chinese servers? I think I read that around here.

But yeah, DS3 seems the way to go. I just need a good 360 emulation software for it.

There's also Better DS3

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Tell me if you get your key without any problems so I can now for sure it's just me.

masterkajo

There's also Better DS3

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Tell me if you get your key without any problems so I can now for sure it's just me.

Yeah, after having used MotionInJoy for some time I suddenly got a lot of chinese adds whenever I launched it. I am now using Better DS3. It basically is a better and cleaner version of MotionInJoy and runs offline. You still have to use MotionInJoy's driver but you don't have to run MotionInJoy anymore. It has some nice features like assigning a master profile which each controller connecting to it automatically uses. I can now just sit on my couch and turn on the controller (have Better DS3 on autostart) which automatically gets recognised as an Xbox360 controller (without the need to stand up walk over to my PC and start MotionInJoy and manually asign the Xbox360 Controller emultion to the DS3).

Grief.exe

Wait, why are you telling people what fighting game to buy then?

I don't ask a blind person's opinion on which painting to buy.

Just hoping that people would support these other fighting games as well. Support companies that are willing to take a risk in bringing their games over to PC, and not load them with intrusive DRM.
In retrospect, I should have worded it differently to reflect that.

I got a question for you. Why do you feel the need to always attack me?
I read your posts and its almost like I've beaten your puppy or something. Whats with the animosity?

FloatOn

I beat Metro Last Light earlier today and I have to say it... I enjoyed it more than Bioshock Infinite. As a pretty big fan of the Bioshock series it kind of sucks to say but Metro actually had gameplay that worked well within the game around it, as opposed to a dumbed down version of what previously existed in older versions of the game.

Most definitely in the top 5 of fps campaigns I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom