• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronson

Sell me on it
One of my favorite games in a while. Great stop-motion aesthetic and moody atmosphere, minimal story with cool details. Hits a sweet spot in puzzle difficulty/overall length. No tutorials -- you learn by playing.

It's like Metroid + Braid.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For real though, if everyone is done dumping keys, can we talk about how good the The Swapper is? It is so good.

It's one of the most fun modern puzzlers, I love how fluid the movement and clone production/swapping is. Makes solving puzzles feel oddly organic and not like some weird manufactured voodoo dance. Atmosphere is top notch too.

Don't see myself replaying it again though.

Thanks. God I want a new active arena shooter :( I miss UT99/UT2k4 days. Quake live is still pretty fun from a gameplay perspective(although in Australia its pretty much the same 50ish people all the time) but I loved the art of Unreal Tournament.

Shootmania probably doesn't have a massive community either but that is the one on my radar since I dearly miss arena shooters as well. I want to buy that particular one soon.

Thanks. God I want a new active arena shooter :( I miss UT99/UT2k4 days. Quake live is still pretty fun from a gameplay perspective(although in Australia its pretty much the same 50ish people all the time) but I loved the art of Unreal Tournament.
I would really love if they pushed QL on Steam. Actually go whole hog and even implement the Steam meta stuff to at least get people loading it up and maybe trying it out.

Shootmania probably doesn't have a massive community either but that is the one on my genre as well since I dearly miss arena shooters. I want to buy that particular one soon.

I tried the beta and found it really awkward myself. But I was suffering congestion at the time so was playing with a stupid ping.

I wonder if James 2GD Harding was serious about getting a new competitive F2P arena shooter out there.

Grief.exe

I know its nothing like the classics you just listed, but I'm excited for the possibilities with TItanfall.

It doesn't look like it requires ADS for your shots, IE they won't go off in a random vector from your crosshair during hipfire.
Fast movement parkour, mechs, that C4, looks like it could be a good one.

irbvwdMaYkZhd.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I went to play some Warframe with a friend and the gifting kept on rolling. Guess everyone was feeling a little generous tonight :)

Purchasing multiple humble bundle deals is confusing me a little. I purchased one, then in my purchases it says I can add another to the same order. Is this just me buying another one but getting no keys, or will I then get two keys for each title?

EDIT: Went back and did a completely new purchase which obviously gave me different keys. Just curious about the above as it seems faster and easier.

I like how this particular default black theme for Neogaf sort of matches default Steam exactly.. It's like I have double the steam going on now lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You guys have been quoting every post right? People are giving away crazy games in some of these.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Goodness. That was an explosion of giveaways. I came a bit late to the party, but thanks anyways to everyone who was giving stuff away. All that kindness made me feel warm and fuzzy. You're good people.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
One of my favorite games in a while. Great stop-motion aesthetic and moody atmosphere, minimal story with cool details. Hits a sweet spot in puzzle difficulty/overall length. No tutorials -- you learn by playing.

It's like Metroid + Braid.
I went to check it on Steam and it was already on my Wishlist. I may pick it up on the sale if it goes for a nice price.

What sale? Next year's, as there won't be one in 2013.

I like how this particular default black theme for Neogaf sort of matches default Steam exactly.. It's like I have double the steam going on now lol.
Or maybe half the GAF.

Brofist

Wow this topic escalated quickly. I'm at work so haven't nabbed anything posted yet, but good to see the community giving back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom