• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, still a lot of players online then? My main reason for buying it will be to just experience the entire game to max lvl, something I do with most mmo's these days.

Also, it looks good but does it run good too? I have a GTX 670 FTW and i5 2500K but GW2 for example runs pretty shitty at times because it's CPU heavy and doesn't use the GPU that much,

It has been a couple of months since I last logged in, but at the time, there were definitely still a lot of people online. Of course, the majority of the population is gathered in the higher-level zones, but that's to be expected now that the game is a year old.

My specs are lower than yours, and the game runs around 30fps for me at max settings.

Overdoziz

Banned
I just did this myself, might help you guys as well.

If you want to keep track of all of your Humble Keys, but never made an account, or deleted the emails.

Go here to resend all of your keys to your email: http://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

http://i.imgur.com/QiFGRMy.png[IMG]

Enter your email, they will send you a link to all of the humble bundles you have purchased.

Click each link, go to the top right hand corner, and click claim page.

This will allow you to check which keys you have used.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit. Just found out I have like a dozen games that I hadn't redeemed yet, haha. Got myself And Yet It Moves, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Braid, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Gratuitous Space Battles, Hammerfight, Jamestown, Lone Survivor, Titan Quest, VVVVVV, and Wizorb. Thanks for the link!

Also, I have an extra Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War code for anyone who wants it. Quote to see:
[EMAIL="4257X-4BXKW-7NMLE"][/EMAIL]

Nabs

Everyone needs to set up their Humble account. It's going to come in useful when Kickstarter keys begin to roll out.

The_Monk

Everyone needs to set up their Humble account. It's going to come in useful when Kickstarter keys begin to roll out.

I also did this, thank you fellow GAFfer for reminding me.

I wonder if we are going to get Steam keys to games such Jack Claw, Jasper's Journeys, Zen Puzzle Garden, Chocolate Castle and others.

I've been wondering if they might pull a swerve and the delay is caused by them announcing KOF13 for PC/Steam...only as a F2P version.

There is a F2P knock off doing big business in China at the moment (King of Combat). Would make sense to try to get in on the action in the West. I think it could be really something if they did it right.

That would be amazing if they redid KOF13 as F2P. More people need to play it and the roster is big enough where you could structure the business model in a lot of ways.

chronomac

So I decided to finally try out Psychonauts last night. I've never played the game and heard the story was fun, if the gameplay a little basic. Well, I got about 5 minutes in and the game crashed at a cutscene. Loaded it back up and it worked...until the next cutscene. The game was running fine, smooth framerate and everything, until a cutscene loaded. And when one did load, if I tried to skip it would crash. Is this just a shoddy port or should I fix something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I decided to finally try out Psychonauts last night. I've never played the game and heard the story was fun, if the gameplay a little basic. Well, I got about 5 minutes in and the game crashed at a cutscene. Loaded it back up and it worked...until the next cutscene. The game was running fine, smooth framerate and everything, until a cutscene loaded. And when one did load, if I tried to skip it would crash. Is this just a shoddy port or should I fix something?

This person fixed the issue by setting Psychonauts.exe's compatibility mode to Win98.

Edit: For some reason I thought the game used a launcher.

I know its not steam-related, but since this thread is kinda the general-PC-Thread, maybe some people would like this:

cube_world_7.jpg

https://picroma.com/buycubeworld

Cubeworld is up for "preordering".
15€ for the Alpha, though I think it is just a tech-demo right now, though the alpha should go live in a few weeks.
And the shop-server is down for maintenance right now.

Uiki

I know its not steam-related, but since this thread is kinda the general-PC-Thread, maybe some people would like this:

https://picroma.com/buycubeworld

Cubeworld is up for "preordering".
15€ for the Alpha, though I think it is just a tech-demo right now, though the alpha should go live in a few weeks.
And the shop-server is down for maintenance right now.

I went for instabuy it without reading all the post

The shop is currently disabled due to server maintenance. Please try again later.

sadface.

Does anyone else here really wish they would add some type of random game selector?

I know often times I end up with a kind of stuffed fridge syndrome when it comes to Steam. I'll just stare at my library and not know what to play next. Too many choices. And yes I know, I know. First world problems.

I could get them delivered from Amazon, I doubt books will get retained in customs. $15.22 sounds like a fair price.

Hm, they'd probably be easier to get over here, in the UK? Would you like me to see if I can rustle some up for you? Are you okay with second hand books if in decent condition? If so, which ones are you after?

And no, I wasn't replying to anyone regarding BioShock, just wanted to let people know about it (why, I have no idea). Don't know, if I managed to beat Red Faction on Hard with those steroids-filled enemies (never saw a Martian guard move so fast in real life), I should be able to beat this one too. Totally different games, but you get the idea, right? Though if I get too frustrated, I may tone the difficulty down a little.

Ah, okay. I had previously mentioned how much I was enjoying BioShock ITT IIRC so perhaps you subliminally remembered that :).

Noogy

Does anyone else here really wish they would add some type of random game selector?

I know often times I end up with a kind of stuffed fridge syndrome when it comes to Steam. I'll just stare at my library and not know what to play next. Too many choices. And yes I know, I know. First world problems.

I love this idea, I do that a lot myself, opening up Steam like a Fridge. And yes, woe to our generation.

New GMG deals:

Civilization V - $7.49
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year) and Batman: Arkham City (Game of the Year) - $12.49
Worms: Reloaded (Game of the Year) - $6.24
Euro Truck Simulator Gold - $5.08
Alan Wake - $5.99
Red Orchestra 2 - $4.99
Red Orchestra 2 (Digital Deluxe Edition) - $12.48

If anyone is considering Red Orchestra 2, might I suggest Rising Storm instead. It's an excellent Pacific theater addition and it also includes the full Red Orchestra 2 MP component. It's a little bit more, normally between $15-$20 but very much worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom