• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if it's ok to ask here, but has Last Light been on sale anywhere previously? I was kind of hoping to grab it during the summer sales (in general, GMG/Amazon/Steam), but I don't recall ever seeing it even slightly discounted before.

I don't believe so, however it will be $35 on Amazon tomorrow (and tomorrow only).

Edit: By tomorrow I mean the 4th. It's the 3rd here already. ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Another pertinent point for Steam Sales as opposed to Amazon sales:

The Steam Store in my region (Brazil) is usually 15-20% cheaper. Not only that, the dollar is climbing madly when compared to my local currency.

With that in mind, buying it "locally" on Steam is a much better deal for Brazilians right now.

So here's hoping!

What a weird mix of related articles:

hfcyNYF.png

Seems legit.

I think Civ5 slowed the game too much with the attrition wars. Most wars either never ends or you just steamroll the AI. And Civ5 is trying to make the wars really longer, besides the wars the conflicts are longer. In Civ 1,2,3 and maybe even 4 a conflict wouldn't last more than a few turns, in Civ5 it lasts ages. Most of my conflicts starts with sieging a city and moving my forces to that point while improving logistics, and end with a ceasefire because I'm bored. I think the city health system slowed the game too much. With the same hour spent on both Civ 4 and 5 I can finish 4 while can't eliminate one tiny civilization in 5.

That's funny, my conflicts seem to be pretty long in Civ 4, again, this is the first game I've played of it, so maybe that's not normal. But war weariness doesn't seem to be a big issue and cities take a pretty solid push to topple, so I believe all of my wars have been at least 20 turns or more so far aside from one.

mchal

Neo Member
Valve complete pack
Worms complete pack
GTA complete pack
Etc.
these being added to the registry with the other evidence point to the summer sale.

They are since forever in Steam. They are just being updated, not added.
What other evidence? Today nothing is happening. Normal day, move on. EOT.

Thanks a lot, but then I'd probably have to pay some crazy shipping fees (Argentinian guy here).

Well it would probably cost more for shipping than the book would cost :) but according to the Royal Mail website you are in the same price band as North 'merka so it's not too bad.

I tell you what, I'll have a look around locally and see if I can get an omnibus of the books for uber cheap and pop into the local Post Office to see how much it would cost. You could always gift me something on Steam or something.

Were you talking about BioShock? I think I missed that, would you mind sharing your opinion, or quoting your comment? It'd be interesting to see your take on it.

Well I have mentioned that I tried the Steam demo and fell in love with it and then very quickly picked up the full game for £2.50 IIRC. It may not have been this thread though.

I haven't really got into it however as I've been distracted by other games! :) From what little I've played though I almost feel guilty to have paid so little for what is clearly a very high quality game. I'm not a great FFS exponent though; I'm more the occasional FPS than a steady stream of them like many Western gamers seem to be. So frankly I'm just not very good at them and often don't understand all the internal logic of such games that regular FPS players take for granted. So I tend to play a game on Easy until I've got to grips with it. Then if I really like the game I will often re-play it on successively harder difficulty levels until I have to tap out. That might not be the 'gamer' way to do it but it's what works for me so meh :).

Is this the right time to hit myself for missing $4.70 Arkham City GOTY a couple of monts ago? That game isn't discounted on its own, and I already have AA.

That extremely discounted price is what makes it difficult to bite on the game when it's sold at $7 or so nowadays.

GMG has both GOTY editions up for £7.49 right now and I'm very tempted although I've not played either before. Demo time! :)

At some point I need to get over my noob enthusiasm of OHMYGOD!!!PCGAMINGISSOAWESOME!!!WHYHAVEINOTBEENDOINGTHISBEFORE?!?!?!!! and settle down to play some of the games I already own! Perhaps after the Steam seal :).

iavi

Where the hell is Rising. It's been announced, but we get no word, no date, and I can't even find it in the registry--which kind of annoys me now, funnily enough.

They are since forever in Steam. They are just being updated, not added.
What other evidence? Today nothing is happening. Normal day, move on. EOT.

In the past with sales existing bundles are indeed updated. Is it a sign that the sale is tomorrow? Ofcourse not. However, in conjunction with other evidence/rumors, it's still something.

sibarraz

Banned
How do you put the android games from the humble bundle into your smartphone?

I know that I had to connect them with the mini usb and all that, but my question is how do you activate them?

Or I just had to put them in the directory?

How do you put the android games from the humble bundle into your smartphone?

I know that I had to connect them with the mini usb and all that, but my question is how do you activate them?

Or I just had to put them in the directory?

There is actually a Humble Bundle app that you can download. Once you have the app and log in, it will let you download all the Android games you own.

Stitch

Gold Member
Fuck, bought Dust when it was released and never played it. Now it's on sale lol.
Well, I paid with cards/hats money so it doesn't really matter :D

Burgers

Neo Member
insta-bought

with card money
[/QUOTE]

Just did the same thing. Buying games has never been sweeter

Edit: Woops, managed to mess up a quote. Im stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom