• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

iCznvHrDgTJsa.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is going to be my first Summer Sale. (Finally got involved with Steam a few days ago, best gaming decision I ever made, haven't touched my consoles since)

Is the Summer Sale just discounts or are new games released as well, like how Summer of Arcade works on XBLA? I guess on Steam, it would be Greenlit games.

The Summer Sale is just that: a sale. There's no need for Valve to set aside new releases for a special event as games worth their salt find their audience just fine. Case in point: Rogue Legacy.

And FYI, I did delineate how the Summer Sale works in your thread. ;)

metalshade

After having been curious for a while, and never having been within 20 feet of a trading card game in my life, I decided to try the demo for magic the gathering 2014.
4 hours later I think I can honestly say I really like the idea, despite being the very definition of noob.
Now my question is, the bundles for the earlier games seem to offer me a better deal, so do they go on sale during the sales, or are they impervious to them?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just did this myself, might help you guys as well.

If you want to keep track of all of your Humble Keys, but never made an account, or deleted the emails.

Go here to resend all of your keys to your email: http://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender
Thanks man, I lost the url's for some bundles I bought with another mail adress, now I can finally retrieve them. :)

Grief.exe

After having been curious for a while, and never having been within 20 feet of a trading card game in my life, I decided to try the demo for magic the gathering 2014.
4 hours later I think I can honestly say I really like the idea, despite being the very definition of noob.
Now my question is, the bundles for the earlier games seem to offer me a better deal, so do they go on sale during the sales, or are they impervious to them?

Scrolls is another great card game, not on Steam though.

Available directly from Mojang.

Thanks man, I lost the url's for some bundles I bought with another mail adress, now I can finally retrieve them. :)

NP, I knew it would help a few people.

They have a pretty awesome automated system.

JaseC

They do go on sale, yes. You can use Steamprices or Steam Sales to view a particular item's discount history.

Amzin

Alright, this is off topic but i thought I saw a post in this thread about a one-time use coupon for trading in stuff to gamestop. Anyone know what that is? I can't find anything about it now that I want to go trade for some Steambucks.

Wok

The real question is whether there are still people playing Magic 2012 or 2013 online now that Magic 2014 is released.

Scrolls is another great card game, not on Steam though.

Available directly from Mojang.

Although the game is currently not as polished as Magic, I do hope the community will be stronger because it won't be split by yearly releases.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Cardgames with steamcards.
Genius.

Maxwood

Apparently, Cortex Command has a steamkey now. Yay!
Dear HumbleBundle, would it be too hard to notify your customers whenever an old bundle receives a key? ty

I'm going a bit offtopic, but i'm guessing the key's will be gone soon enough. Anyone interested in some Desura or OnLive key's; give a shout!
Onlive: Osmos & Braid.
Desura: Humble Bundle 2 & 3.

Milamber

Dear HumbleBundle, would it be too hard to notify your customers whenever an old bundle receives a key? ty

I'm going a bit offtopic, but i'm guessing the key's will be gone soon enough. Anyone interested in some Desura or OnLive key's; give a shout!
Onlive: Osmos & Braid.
Desura: Humble Bundle 2 & 3.

Sure, pass me the Desura's. Thanks.

Echoplx

Is that game still even being worked on? All i remember is it coming to Steam after the humblebundle and then nothing. Shame, it was kinda fun in co-op when it wasn't bugging out.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Dear HumbleBundle, would it be too hard to notify your customers whenever an old bundle receives a key? ty[/s]

I thought it already had one? It's in my steam library already so it must have had one for a while, unless I added it some time after the fact and didn't realise.

Edit: Oh it was added a while back but you only just found out about it? That would probably be it.

Maxwood

Edit: Oh it was added a while back but you only just found out about it? That would probably be it.
Yup. And I lost my Bundle url. :p
I know right. It's not the same, but you can check this every once in a while.
That's a handy website. Not everythings in there, but still. It's something. Thanks!

Tak3n

Banned
Well I did something stupid last night :(

I ended up buying the Aliens Marines + Season Pass from GMG, at £12.50 I thought it can not be that bad...

Not played it yet, so I could be in for a rude awakening, but it is so hard to get to the truth, a lot of posts on steam are saying people are still spamming about the release version, which the version now avaliable is patched to hell, and is a lot better!!

one can hope right?

I ended up buying the Aliens Marines + Season Pass from GMG, at £12.50 I thought it can not be that bad...

Not played it yet, so I could be in for a rude awakening, but it is so hard to get to the truth, a lot of posts on steam are saying people are still spamming about the release version, which the version now avaliable is patched to hell, and is a lot better!!

one can hope right?

I was saved from such stupidity by GMG's nonfunctioning servers. I await your impressions.

If I put a key for a game into Steam, but haven't actually installed the game, can I pass that key on to someone else?

I thought when I put the key in, that at some stage I'd get the option to put it in as an install or a gift, but I either screwed up, or it doesn't let you do that? Thanks.

Addnan

one can hope right?
No.

If I put a key for a game into Steam, but haven't actually installed the game, can I pass that key on to someone else?

I thought when I put the key in, that at some stage I'd get the option to put it in as an install or a gift, but I either screwed up, or it doesn't let you do that? Thanks.

Not unless you already owned the game. If not then the key has been used and the game is on your account. The only way to gift a key to someone is to give them the key.

SumGamer

Anyone ever has problem with demo on Steam? I tried to download demo for Magic but as soon as I hit Download demo button, Steam freeze for a few seconds then resume without downloading the demo :s

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Anyone playing the Dragon Commander beta? I installed it before leaving for work tonight and will be jumping into it when I get off. Got a key for $16 thanks to the B/S/T thread.

Dizzy-4U

So, KOF XIII has been updated a lot in the database recently. Did they confirm it already? Also, there is an achievement icon but it doesn't look like the console ones.

edit:

mzk74rU.jpg
LwE8OpU.jpg

Whatever that is....

Gintoki

Anyone ever has problem with demo on Steam? I tried to download demo for Magic but as soon as I hit Download demo button, Steam freeze for a few seconds then resume without downloading the demo :s

Try restarting the steam client then download the demo.

Picked up the Deus Ex: Human Revolution ultimate bundle. Always wanted to play this game, so €7 was too good to pass up. My backlog is growing, slowly and steadily.

DirtRiver

Cortex Command has a 44/100 metacritic score. Wow.

A damn shame because Cortex Command is a great game. Sure, it's fucked up that you're 60 seconds away from winning the challenge when a robot with no legs crashes right into your face, but the game makes it so fun to watch and then to do your own crazy shit that it's worth it.

Obligatory gif:
Rocketboom.gif

Tak3n

Banned
I was saved from such stupidity by GMG's nonfunctioning servers. I await your impressions.

I almost stopped, as it took me over an hour to get it

I only went for it in the end as most peoples real negativity were because they paid the full peice etc etc, I am under no illusion the game is not great, but they have seemingly patched the AI (so one person said) and done 3GB worth of texture fixes

I almost stopped, as it took me over an hour to get it

I only went for it in the end as most peoples real negativity were because they paid the full peice etc etc, I am under no illusion the game is not great, but they have seemingly patched the AI (so one person said) and done 3GB worth of texture fixes

Yeah, I'm curious as well. With expectations kept low, I'm wondering if the experience and level of enjoyment might be different than those who purchased at launch.

iavi

So, KOF XIII has been updated a lot in the database recently. Did they confirm it already? Also, there is an achievement icon but it doesn't look like the console ones.

edit:

mzk74rU.jpg
LwE8OpU.jpg

Whatever that is....

I think the majority of KOF's pictures in that entry are placeholder, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them just yet. I mean, look at that title icon. That trollish shit.

Grief.exe

edit:

mzk74rU.jpg
LwE8OpU.jpg

Whatever that is....

Achievements I parsed through the Steamworks api match the achievements from the 360 version exactly. You are just looking at the test achievements that are publicly visible.

A lot of these achievements match the 360 version

KOF XIII Confirmed

MpTXXIJ.png

Looks like KOF XIII also added more achievements.

Pretty much all but confirmed at this point.

Hint: You can start celebrating now.

"name": "its_about_time_to_start",
"percent": 10.526315689086914
},
{
"name": "doesnt_it_feel_good",
"percent": 5.263157844543457
},
{
"name": "strength",
},
{
"name": "this_is_only_natural",
},
{
"name": "this_was_just_a_greeting",
},
{
"name": "time_will_soon_turn_to_ashes",
},
{
"name": "yay_perfect",
},
{
"name": "yeah2",
},
{
"name": "youre_not_so_bad",
},
{
"name": "show_me_what_humans_are_made_of",
},
{
"name": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_2_0",
},
{
"name": "lets_play_warrior",
},
{
"name": "isnt_this_fun_eh",
},
{
"name": "how_was_it",
},
{
"name": "hot_wasnt_it",
},
{
"name": "hey_hey_hey",
},
{
"name": "go_easy_on_me",
},
{
"name": "good",
},
{
"name": "excellent",
},
{
"name": "you_cant_win_against_me",

JaseC

edit:

mzk74rU.jpg
LwE8OpU.jpg

Whatever that is....

The PC version is at this juncture still unannounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom