• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So now that the Modbot scam has worked and we know who the lurkers who've been stealing all the keys are, when does the trial start?

rtOcbrr.jpg

Turfster

Oh.
I just checked Steams list of retail redeemable keys and it isn't on it.
I must be missing something.

Edit: I must not buy it, no matter the price, can't support gearbox being twerps.

There's a steam key in the box, so you don't even really need the disc.
It's still not worth it though.
I got it given for free thanks to some newegg rebate shenanigans, and I still feel like I was ripped off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Keen 2 is OK playable but Keen 3 is very frustrating

If you do play Keen 3 you should know that an end-game level has a level design bug which renders it impossible to complete*:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Caves_of_Oblivion

* Sorry, to clarify, you there's one exit that involves skipping the whole level and another that involves playing it, but the where you play the level is impossible. So read that Wiki page.
That's terrible level design if I ever saw it. Reminds me of a custom level for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 called Queen of Board, which was an exercise in frustration and tedium. That said, I really liked it anyway, even if I never managed to beat it without cheats.

Good times.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
This is the place to ask for a SteamGAF group invite, right?
It must be.
So.
Yeah.

I hereby ask ye fine gentlemen (an ladies!) if I may have the honors of getting invited into a group I already was in but deleted because I, uh, because uh...
...I don't know.
Thanks chaps! :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is the place to ask for a SteamGAF group invite, right?
It must be.
So.
Yeah.

I hereby ask ye fine gentlemen (an ladies!) if I may have the honors of getting invited into a group I already was in but deleted because I, uh, because uh...
...I don't know.
Thanks chaps! :D

Post your a link to your steam community page and you'll be helped in the order your request was received.

EDIT: WELL NEVERMIND THEN.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If it is going to be Thursday we may get confirmation tomorrow if the midweek deal ends earlier than usual (something I believe has happened with past sales).

Yeah, Midweek Madness ends at 10am rather than 4pm when a sale is due to start in lieu of Weekend Deals.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Post your a link to your steam community page and you'll be helped in the order your request was received.

EDIT: WELL NEVERMIND THEN.
Ninja-edit's. I know how to use them.

And thanks, green envelope's await!

MikeDown

Banned
Yeah, Midweek Madness ends at 10am rather than 4pm when a sale is due to start in lieu of Weekend Deals.
I'm calling the summer sale is going to either be on the 11th or 13th. Just a gut feeling, so don't quote me on that, I don't wanna eat a crow. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They fixed the achievements in Joe Danger 1 with a patch finally. Just replayed a level quick and at the end two achievements that had been broken previously popped for me.

JD2 has most likely been fixed as well.

Dawg

I hope Tiny Tina goes on sale with the rest of the BL2 DLC. It's the only one I want to get.

You *could* buy the pack for like 13.5 on GMG and sell/give away the Borderlands 2 key. It's a really good price for all the DLC and stuff like Captain Scarlett is pretty fun too :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Scarlett and Torque were alright, nowhere near as good as the final one though.

Mystery cards intrigue me.. I dunno if I want to spend like $10 on a set though.

I'm waiting to see if any more games get cards this week or at the start of the sale before I put down any cash for mystery cards. I'd like to get as many from crafting first, then pursue buying them.

The risk, of course, is once we figure out what they do in the sale (assuming they are related), they will drastically shift in price.

tjohn86

I'm waiting to see if any more games get cards this week or at the start of the sale before I put down any cash for mystery cards. I'd like to get as many from crafting first, then pursue buying them.

The risk, of course, is once we figure out what they do in the sale (assuming they are related), they will drastically shift in price.

Yeah I'm worried there will be a run on the market once they announce what they are. We are just assuming there is a 10 card set from the different database numbers?

Elratauru

Neo Member
Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed looks like fun. I need to convince some friends to buy it as well.

It is actually. I spent quite a good time playing Coop Career Mode with my girlfriend and believe me it's pretty much the best Mario Kart clone ever made, even better than MK actually, as it's not totally unbalanced and it doesn't try to punish good players to level up the playfield. Someone who knows how to play and to turbo, would totally leave you on the dust if you don't know anything about the game.

Yeah I'm worried there will be a run on the market once they announce what they are. We are just assuming there is a 10 card set from the different database numbers?

yeah, 10 different class IDs for the regular mystery cards, and 10 different IDs for the foil versions.

There will probably be 11 cards per set I assume. The IDs go from 20-24, 26-30. I imagine 25 will be something you can get as part of the Summer Sale metagame.

Any game releases coming this week? That could be a good sign of, well, "things to come". Something that starts with "S" and involves a lot of %.

By the way, is there any place where people can check which games are getting cards weekly? Just wondering.

Dawg

After watching S03E09 from Game of Thrones i thought... Telltale could make a really really good game with the rights.

If only.

Telltale should make a story driven GoT game and CD Projekt RED should provide us with an open world action RPG.

Instead we have a shitty RTS and below average RPG.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Any game releases coming this week? That could be a good sign of, well, "things to come". Something that starts with "S" and involves a lot of %.

By the way, is there any place where people can check which games are getting cards weekly? Just wondering.
Not any good one, no. Only some random budget title with a name similar to Middle-Live 3 or something, as if anyone had played the prequels and liked them.

Best way to get DS3 working on PC? I've been using wired 360 controllers (which I love) but It's not the best solution for couch gaming.

Not any good one, no. Only some random budget title with a name similar to Middle-Live 3 or something, as if anyone had played the prequels and liked them.

Hmmm, that answers one question, yup.

Now the other about the cards. Do the updates show in the Steam newsfeed or they have a particular place?

Also wondering what are GAF thoughts on the whole card affair...

Best way to get DS3 working on PC? I've been using wired 360 controllers (which I love) but It's not the best solution for couch gaming.

I posted this in the MK PC thread:

I'm using this drive for the sixaxis:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

The problem with this piece of software is that it has to take over an entire bluetooth adapter for the PS3 controller and it isn't compatible with all bluetooth adapters. I use a second bluetooth keyboard in my living room so I needed to buy a second compatible bluetooth adapter just for the sixaxis controller. I bought this adapter because it's highly rated and suggested by the developer of this particular software:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZIILLI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now it works just like you'd want it to. I use the PS button to turn it on and it connects. I hold L1 R1 and the PS button to disconnect.

I followed the instructions as the dev laid them out but it only worked when I checked the "Force Install" checkbox even though the instructions tell you not to for Windows 7.

morningbus

I saw a new method mentioned in another thread the other day, but it requires buying a cheap bluetooth dongle that you'll dedicate solely to the DS3. This apparently allows you to bypass using the much maligned motion joy drivers.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: God damn it. Just call me Slowerman.

I posted this in the MK PC thread:

Nice, I'll check this out.

Get a wireless 360 controller :)

Motioninjoy and have a bluetooth adapter.

Actually, I'm waiting for Xbox One's controller to come out. I'll get two at launch if they work correctly on PC.

Edit:

I saw a new method mentioned in another thread the other day, but it requires buying a cheap bluetooth dongle that you'll dedicate solely to the DS3. This apparently allows you to bypass using the much maligned motion joy drivers.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: God damn it. Just call me Slowerman.

Thanks anyway morningbus ;)

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/
Follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks, I'll check this too as soon as I get back home.

morningbus

After the executions.

I don't think you "execute" animals.

Nice, I'll check this out.

Actually, I'm waiting for Xbox One's controller to come out. I'll get two at launch if they work correctly on PC.

I know I'm setting myself up for a Valve Time (TM) joke here, but I'm waiting to see what Valve has to offer in their rumored controller.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm setting myself up for a Valve Time (TM) joke here, but I'm waiting to see what Valve has to offer in their rumored controller.
Probably some sort of touchpad/trackball to control the launchers and menus of games that don't support gamepads.

morningbus

Probably some sort of touchpad/trackball to control the launchers and menus of games that don't support gamepads.

Yeah, I think that or some kind of trackball are fairly safe bets, as is direct access to Steam Community features, like a dedicated screenshot button, etc.

If they just give me that and a nice d-pad, I'm there.

Hell, even if the thing was covered in spikes I'd be there.

It's either "classic" or "redux", why both?
It's probably to help differentiate it with the new Shadow Warrior coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom