• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Played a bit of Binding of Isaac yesterday and wow it's cool. It's very reminiscent of FTL (which I loved) and I can see myself getting addicted to this as well. I'm just unsure what any of the items do but I've been told it's supposed to be like that, lol. Anyway, I'm really liking this rogue-like gameplay. It's so unforgiving.

inb4 you will like rogue legacy

Played a bit of Binding of Isaac yesterday and wow it's cool. It's very reminiscent of FTL (which I loved) and I can see myself getting addicted to this as well. I'm just unsure what any of the items do but I've been told it's supposed to be like that, lol. Anyway, I'm really liking this rogue-like gameplay. It's so unforgiving.

The mystery that comes from discovering items is a lot of the fun. You'll come to know of the things you'll want, which ones you'll want to avoid, and which can synergize well and others which are great individually but terrible in tandem.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I picked that up along with the expansion when it was on sale last year, it's really fun. Quite tricky at first but when you get the hang of things (and start to understand the different items and use them well) it's great fun. Only problem I have with it is that I switched off my cloud saves on my last laptop before it broke and so I lost a load of progress. Still go back to it every so often though as I love the randomised nature and unlocking of items/characters. I'd probably love Rogue Legacy too.

Salsa

well people already imported the mortal kombat models into source filmmaker

testing_your_sight_with_mileena_8_by_urbanator-d5ks77b.png

expect to run into creepyness all around

Tak3n

Banned
What your opinions on this pack guys

Sega Action only pack $10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEV8ITK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Aliens vs. Predator [Download] 3.0 out of 5 stars (80) 15700 MB $13.04
2. Binary Domain [Download] 3.8 out of 5 stars (65) 8 GB $24.99
3. Condemned: Criminal Origins [Download] No reviews 8 GB $14.95
4. Hell Yeah [Online Game Code] 3.8 out of 5 stars (5) 3 KB $14.99
5. Viking Battle for Asgard [Download]

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was the same way. I would always get to the last level, and didn't realize
I needed to shoot the chain holding up the rock shelf to smash the wolf in order to get the final item. I would always just try to run under him and die.
Super frustrating, but now it makes a bunch of sense.
Spoilers, dude! I never played much of that game, please don't go spoiling the final boss.

not totally joking...

Reached a new level of sad - i've started putting custom grid images of my upcoming most wanted games onto some of the shit in my games library. It both helps mask the embarrassment of Flora's Fruit Farm and gets me more pumped for Witcher 3.

Binary Domain is awesome, not sure how the PC release is, though.

adaen

So I just submitted a ticket to have some games removed from my account, you have to cancel the licenses not the individual games though so there was some collateral from packs I bought. Let's see how this goes.

No I'm not crazy

Interesting. Maybe I do the same as I have 2 or 3 low violence versions on my account which I bought without thinking.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Hell Yeah! is awesome, everyone should play that one. Jazz Jackrabbit meets WarioWare in a metroidvania (lite) world, with kick-ass music and funny dialogue.

Binary Domain is an entertaining, albeit flawed, game. Nothing to write home about, and mouse aiming feels kinda weird (and no, I'm not playing a shooter with a controller). I could barely stand the annoying characters and bad writing, and the multiple sections where you're forced to walk slowly while listening to those fools were the worst. The boss battles were cool, and the plot was a little interesting. I'd still say it can be worth a playthrough if you find yourself bored at home one day.

Can't speak for the other 3 titles. I own Condemned but never touched it, and haven't seen anything from the other 2. From what I've heard, AvP 2k10 isn't too good, and the old games were much better.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

The pack is worth it for Binary Domain and Condemned, two brilliant games. It splits opinion but I really like the Rebellion Alien Vs Predator as well and had a good time with it. Hell Yeah I've got but not tried yet and Viking I really liked on release on 360 but not sure how well it holds up now.

$10 is a great price though, even if you got 2/3 games out of the pack and enjoyed them it would be worth the cash.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I love how I see F.E.A.R. mentioned in any thread and immediately feel like replaying it.

And how whenever I do I never get to the expansions, since the first game leaves me absolutely satisfied and I only end up making to half of Extraction Point or less and leaving it. Well, no, I don't like this last part. Already dropped 2 replays of it, I should play them all again instead of only the original masterpiece.

like others have said, its like $5 for condemned and $5 for binary domain. totally worth it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
thx guys, will pick those up

The thing I meant to mention also is that I love Alien Vs Predator mostly because of its 'rock, scissors, paper' multiplayer. The campaign's pretty flawed though I did quite like most of the marine campaign and some of the predator/alien campaigns. There's ambition there and a real love for the franchise but a lack of time/diversity does show. Still worth a pop though. The alien AI is great (they are incredibly sneaky and utter bastards at times) and the survivor mode is cool. A lot of folk really dislike it, I think it's underrated but you never know, you could like it! Regardless it's not like you're paying $10 just for that though! :)

I love how I see F.E.A.R. mentioned in any thread and immediately feel like replaying it.

And how whenever I do I never get to the expansions, since the first game leaves me absolutely satisfied and I only end up making to half of Extraction Point or less and leaving it. Well, no, I don't like this last part. Already dropped 2 replays of it, I should play them all again instead of only the original masterpiece.

That's because FEAR is so damn good and the most replayable of the lot. I'm a big defender of FEAR 2 (and I do love it more than the first in some ways) but FEAR is the best of the lot and the hardest too, plenty of challenge from that compared to the rest. I really want to replay that now but I need to replace my mouse, stupid game engine bug.

This is my exact experience with the games. The original F.E.A.R. Is a Top 5 FPS.

GMG haul

Borderlands 2 and Season Pass
The Walking Dead
They Bleed Pixels
DLC Quest
Anna Extended Edition
Mafia II Complete Pack
Papo & Yo
Reus
__________+
€48,33

Razorskin

----- ------

Condemned is mine!

jediyoshi

I don't get where people find these models for SFM, I installed SFM, looked a bit and uninstalled. I must be missing something.

They're generally cross compatible with models converted for gmod, so any repository for those are also usable. The SFM workshop is also pretty lax on copyright and people have been plopping up stuff specifically for SFM there as well.

Anyone else having problems uploading screenshots? I know the Steam Cloud servers are always slow and spotty, but I haven't been able to upload anything for over a day now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's because FEAR is so damn good and the most replayable of the lot. I'm a big defender of FEAR 2 (and I do love it more than the first in some ways) but FEAR is the best of the lot and the hardest too, plenty of challenge from that compared to the rest. I really want to replay that now but I need to replace my mouse, stupid game engine bug.
I don't really think the first game is that hard. Though I always use a generous amount of quicksaving, and slow mo too. Now that I think about it, a "no slow mo, few quicksaves" playthrough is way overdue.

I love the sequel too, it's a great game. I don't agree with some of the decisions that Monolith made with it (particularly the single save slot, no quicksaves one), but I still like it a lot. Only played it once, mind you, so I'd like to try it again.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
DmC is very fun, really dug it all. Been going through the Heaven And Hell mode (the one where you're gimped while enemies still have their full HP) and will SSS Nephiim after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom