• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To people who missed out on that Sonic pricing error on Steam, the Amazon pack is live for $9.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AG21KGU/?tag=neogaf0e-20
$2.50 more expensive, and lacks Racing Transformed + DLC and Adventure 2 + DLC.

I still bought it a while ago, despite already owning some of those games.

DmC is very fun, really dug it all. Been going through the Heaven And Hell mode (the one where you're gimped while enemies still have their full HP) and will SSS Nephiim after that.
Have you played the previous ones? Because I haven't, and I'm tempted by that game.

smr00

Banned
$2.50 more expensive, and lacks Racing Transformed + DLC and Adventure 2 + DLC.

I still bought it a while ago, despite already owning some of those games.

Have you played the previous ones? Because I haven't, and I'm tempted by that game.
It's still a good better and cheaper than the GMG bundle if you bought this + Transformed on steam.

Also
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEV8HI2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Sega Genesis Classic Game volumes 1-5 for $10, awesome deal if you want about 50 genesis classics.

Volotaire

Is it worth it? Never really played Sonic before

Do you like platformers? Do you like the idea of 2D platformers with a sense of speed and multiple pathways?

It's a pretty good price.

Unfortunately, it doesn't include the newest Sonic racing games which is apparently pretty good and Sonic Adventure 2.

smr00

Banned
Is it worth it? Never really played Sonic before
If you enjoy the games it is. I know GMG is selling bundle for $29 which comes with Transformed and a few other stuff but i don't know if it's worth it over this pack. I haven't looked at the full list.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really think the first game is that hard. Though I always use a generous amount of quicksaving, and slow mo too. Now that I think about it, a "no slow mo, few quicksaves" playthrough is way overdue.

I love the sequel too, it's a great game. I don't agree with some of the decisions that Monolith made with it (particularly the single save slot, no quicksaves one), but I still like it a lot. Only played it once, mind you, so I'd like to try it again.

It can be tricky on the highest difficulties because the AI can be such sneaky bastards and you get killed quicker but you should find the game just as satisfying with no slow mo and definitely harder that way :)

Biggest problem with FEAR 2 was the level design, not the locations (as they were more diverse than the original). The AI never had a chance to shine and it was faaaaaar too easy. The single player DLC went a bit of a way to change this. I still think that it's a very satisfying shooter, I just love Monoliths FPS combat. The mechs were ace too.

Hmm I might do a full series playthrough sometime over the summer!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yep, I beat 1, 3 and 4. I'm not a super expert in the gameplay details like Dahbomb and others but I enjoyed DmC just as well and found some things to be more appealing. Definitely recommend it to someone who never played anything in the series, it's a great action game in itself.

Ryan_

Do you like platformers? Do you like the idea of 2D platformers with a sense of speed and multiple pathways?

It's a pretty good price.

Unfortunately, it doesn't include the newest Sonic racing games which is apparently pretty good and Sonic Adventure 2.

If you enjoy the games it is. I know GMG is selling bundle for $29 which comes with Transformed and a few other stuff but i don't know if it's worth it over this pack. I haven't looked at the full list.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll prolly wait for the steam sale and buy one or two games of the series since I won't play all of that bundle anyway.

So finally the (endlessly rumored, constantly speculated, very likely but never confirmed) week of the Summer Sale!

Any idea on what day it might start?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
So finally the (endlessly rumored, constantly speculated, very likely but never confirmed) week of the Summer Sale!

Best bet is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or maybe Sunday, but who knows, really?

Volotaire

thinking about left4dead 1-2.... hmmm....

No point in l4D1, All l4d1 content has been brought into l4d2 now.

Moreover the community for L4D1 now is pitifully low compared to l4d2

And I will warn this to anyone planning on l4d2 online (the main component of L4d series):

The community sucks : very hostile , full of rage quitters and hostile to noobs. Best to play with friends to get experience and have fun.

Atruvius

Perhaps it'll start today, in four hours when the weekend deals end. It could happen... I'm sure it will.

Also, Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed sale ends in 4 hours. BUY IT, PEOPLE!

If it is going to be Thursday we may get confirmation tomorrow if the midweek deal ends earlier than usual (something I believe has happened with past sales).

Hawkie

So you've been in this thread for days on end posting and you still haven't read the title?

You sir, are a comedian.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's still a good better and cheaper than the GMG bundle if you bought this + Transformed on steam.

Also
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEV8HI2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Sega Genesis Classic Game volumes 1-5 for $10, awesome deal if you want about 50 genesis classics.
I'm not saying it's bad value, not at all, but we've been spoiled by Steam's pricing mistake.

Yep, I beat 1, 3 and 4. I'm not a super expert in the gameplay details like Dahbomb and others but I enjoyed DmC just as well and found some things to be more appealing. Definitely recommend it to someone who never played anything in the series, it's a great action game in itself.
Good to hear. I'll definitely pick it up sooner or later, and hopefully I'll play it someday (though I'm not so sure of the latter)

Best bet is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or maybe Sunday, but who knows, really?
You forgot Oswald.

I believe there are only 2 or 3 other GAFfers that will get this reference.

derExperte

Yes I read the title but I was hoping for maybe educated guesses based on past Sales, which I've never took part in before.

It starts, when it starts and a lot of people have already offered their guesses over the last weeks. The last two Summer Sales, maybe the ones before too, started on Thursdays. Which was mentioned pretty often.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Finished the first Commander Keen after like 15 years. I could never do it as a kid. Hooray!

Keen 2 is OK playable but Keen 3 is very frustrating

If you do play Keen 3 you should know that an end-game level has a level design bug which renders it impossible to complete*:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Caves_of_Oblivion

* Sorry, to clarify, you there's one exit that involves skipping the whole level and another that involves playing it, but the where you play the level is impossible. So read that Wiki page.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So now that the Modbot scam has worked and we know who the lurkers who've been stealing all the keys are, when does the trial start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom