• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on those two expansion packs a million years ago, now I can finally play some of my ancient work on Steam :)
Woah really? That's pretty cool!

Happy Birthday!

Interested in a copy of Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers? If so, PM me!

Thank you!

Happy Birthday, man!

Thanks man :D

Another SteamGAFfer is turning 22 today? Happy birthday!

And that's very kind of you, thanks a lot (even though I'm not taking anything :p)

Thanks bro!

Happy B-day!!!

Thank you :)

Also, im stunned on how easy it is to hack in BLOPS 2. My friend was showing me yesterday and it just takes a few clicks LOL. Jeez!

Well, something nice was waiting for me when I got home from work today.

ZSTRAIvl.jpg

Turfster

Man, absolutely nobody is doing Go Home Dinosaurs! foil sets...
and just when there was light at the end of the tunnel for a couple of my others, there was yet another flood of undercutters. "Oh look, one sold for 4€, time to list mine for 2!" Sigh.

Grief.exe

Oh, I'm jelly!!! Are all retail copies Steam-able?

Yes

You can get them on Amazon for fairly cheap.

Yes. You don't need to import a retail copy, though, and can instead buy the game from Gamesplanet. IIRC, it actually comes with two keys (one intended for SP and another MP) and both will activate on Steam.

Jase's advice works as well. It actually ended up being cheaper for me off of Amazon because of conversion rates.

Nabs

Oh no, never! I wouldnt risk my account for that mess. He showed me on his laptop. Its just a simple GUI with checkboxes xD.

That's generally how hacks go. Thing is, Black Ops 2 is heavily watched by both Treyarch and Valve. He'll get hit with the ban hammer soon enough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a reason you can't buy Prey directly on steam? I remember playing the demo a long time ago and it was pretty fun.

Valve ran out of keys during a sale and 2K didn't cough up more. Bethesda could put the game back up if it so desired.

Edit: Beaten.

MikeDown

Banned
For those who have played it, how is Crusader Kings 2? The soundtrack is amazing, Inon Zur always does a great job w/ his music. But how is the gameplay?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't wait. I am going to go get some Wallet codes now.

I'll be picking up a few this week to see me through the opening days of the sale and will buy several more when my tax return hits (hopefully next week). The EB Games store nearest me recently closed, so I have to drive a little farther than usual, but thanks to the crummy exchange rate, having, say, $500 worth of Wallet codes bought locally saves me roughly $50 compared to purchasing via Steam directly, and this is before currency conversion fees.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get Shadow Warrior Redux?

Ask Dunder for a quote.

BorntoPlay

Hey Steam GAF! Its my bday today (22, yay! :D ) and I thought I'd give out a few games from my Steam inventory as a thank you for all the memories :)

Just quote what you want (1 per person) and I'll PM you:

Dota 2
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Dead Island GOTY
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key
THQ Humble Bundle Steam Key

please i want Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key, thanks and happy birthday!!

Hawkie

Anyone? I still don't understand why any single player game would need Internet connection

Not sure if was removed but they did introduce a form of DRM with it initially, where you had to have either the disc in the drive or an active internet connection to play.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
There was a whole bin filled with Prey's for a buck at a local toy store a while ago.
Now I kinda regret not buying any.

Ka1ciuM

Neo Member
Thanks for the Prey update I forgot I had a retail copy buried in my old stash pile, I've just added that to my Steam account.

Not sure if was removed but they did introduce a form of DRM with it initially, where you had to have either the disc in the drive or an active internet connection to play.
Well I haven't played it yet, was just going by the Steam page, so it could have changed

And any beginner tips for CoH:OF? I enjoy tactical strategy, but my experience starts with Enemy Unknown and ends with Frozen Synapse.

Haven't played a war RTS yet. So maybe not tips for CoH, but for the genre in general?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So is Shadowrun Returns the first "big kickstarter" to launch on Steam?

It looks good.
Wanna buy mine? I realized there is no way in hell I'll play it anywhere near soon. Just not in the mood for an RPG and I just bought tons of other shit that will keep me occupied through the year. If I want it later, I can catch a sale. It will be $15 for the code when I get it, which is what I paid, but a deal compared to the MSRP, especially since it'll include the second city.

This gif is amazing. I've never seen him so pressed. Where was it?

So is Shadowrun Returns the first "big kickstarter" to launch on Steam?

It looks good.
Is Shadowrun a good series? Never heard of if but the description and gameplay looks right up my alley. Open ended RPG, with turn based tactical combat, choices and skill trees? That's my kind of game.

Is it open world, like the original Fallouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom