• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm in the mood for a JRPG right now.

I'm thinking of picking up some Kingdom Hearts off of Craigslist and emulating it. I want to find some of the DS RPGs, but that is next to impossible apparently.

Off topic.

Dawg

Wanna buy mine? I realized there is no way in hell I'll play it anywhere near soon. Just not in the mood for an RPG and I just bought tons of other shit that will keep me occupied through the year. If I want it later, I can catch a sale. It will be $15 for the code when I get it, which is what I paid, but a deal compared to the MSRP, especially since it'll include the second city.

Yeah, I'm interested. I was thinking of buying it on steam with the -10%

Yes. You don't need to import a retail copy, though, and can instead buy the game from Gamesplanet. IIRC, copies provided by GP actually come with two keys (one intended for SP and another MP) and both will activate on Steam.

Edit: Clarity.

Hmm I see, thanks!

Yes

You can get them on Amazon for fairly cheap.

Jase's advice works as well. It actually ended up being cheaper for me off of Amazon because of conversion rates.
Used copies ya but new copies are sudden uber expensive (US-based at least). I remember they used to be $5 new haha.

That's generally how hacks go. Thing is, Black Ops 2 is heavily watched by both Treyarch and Valve. He'll get hit with the ban hammer soon enough.
Ah really? Never messed with hacks so it was mind blowing for me. Oh and maybe, but he has been using them since the game came out though lol.

please i want Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key, thanks and happy birthday!!

PM sent! :D

Oh dear ;_;

I'm in the mood for a JRPG right now.

I'm thinking of picking up some Kingdom Hearts off of Craigslist and emulating it. I want to find some of the DS RPGs, but that is next to impossible apparently.

Off topic.

The Last Remnant. The PC-version is one of the best console JRPGs that isn't on console this gen. If I know what I mean.

The good DS RPGs are hard to come by or a bit expensive. I don't regret spending $50 on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey though.

ibseIRBzj3lsOk.gif

My wallet is telling me no, but my body... my body...
LOL what match is this from?

Nabs

This gif is amazing. I've never seen him so pressed. Where was it?

It was at Curleh WC II last night. [Link to match here]

To get back on track... the Joe Danger guys put together a guide on how to create tracks http://www.hellogames.org/2013/07/joe-danger-level-editor-guide/ I'm surprised they didn't put this on Steam. Either way, I'll check it out and try to make some stuff to torture Stallion with.

Edit: I guess they did use Steam guides: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154361070

Grief.exe

Hmm I see, thanks!

Used copies ya but new copies are sudden uber expensive (US-based at least). I remember they used to be $5 new haha.

I got mine from England New for $4 + a couple bucks shipping.

It might have been possible to email them and just have them email me the code.

The Last Remnant. The PC-version is one of the best console JRPGs that isn't on console this gen. If I know what I mean.

The good DS RPGs are hard to come by or a bit expensive. I don't regret spending $50 on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey though.

Last Remnant looks, objectively, mediocre, and its sad that Square put a mediocre JRPG on PC to 'test the waters.'

Finding DS games is so funny. I've found some truly rare GBA and SNES games on Craigslist for cheap, while I can't find anything but shovelware DS games.

Its frustrating.

Ezra2680

Hmm I see, thanks!

Are you sure you're looking at the PC version? I see them at $3.99 with $3.99 S&H currently. Though it says there are only 3 left at the price, and some of the other retailers selling new are at like $45 which seems high

It might have been possible to email them and just have them email me the code.

hmm I didnt think about that

Thanks to Fatal Futanari for DOTA 2.

No problem, enjoy!

Are you sure you're looking at the PC version? I see them at $3.99 with $3.99 S&H currently. Though it says there are only 3 left at the price, and some of the other retailers selling new are at like $45 which seems high
Yea, that seller is UK based. He also has a page up on eBay

EDIT: Glad I checked my eBay account before buying on Amazon. Had some eBay Bucks so got my copy of Prey for $2.50 :D

Last Remnant looks, objectively, mediocre, and its sad that Square put a mediocre JRPG on PC to 'test the waters.'

Finding DS games is so funny. I've found some truly rare GBA and SNES games on Craigslist for cheap, while I can't find anything but shovelware DS games.

Its frustrating.

smh grief

smfh

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I really ought to get around to playing TLR one day. The last JRPG I played was Final Fantasy 8, haha.

I really ought to get around to playing TLR one day. The last JRPG I played was Final Fantasy 8, haha.

Oh wow, I'm sorry?

There are better JRPGs than TLR released since FFVIII, many of which you could play on a PS2 emulator. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne looks gorgeous on PCSX2 and it's a great game to boot.

I'm not going to be pleased if we have to craft a shit-ton of mystery cards to get the summer badge. It would have been nice if Valve had converted unused coupons to mystery cards once they had expired.

Dawg

Is Shadowrun a good series? Never heard of if but the description and gameplay looks right up my alley. Open ended RPG, with turn based tactical combat, choices and skill trees? That's my kind of game.

Is it open world, like the original Fallouts?

Yeah, open world RPG and all. Just search for the kickstarter on google, it has lots of information :)

I'm not going to be pleased if we have to craft a shit-ton of mystery cards to get the summer badge. It would have been nice if Valve had converted unused coupons to mystery cards once they had expired.

I just don't believe that the current amount of mystery cards will be all there is. There are 700 on the market. If you'd need all 10 for the event, prices would explode and a lot of people would be pissed and not able to participate. There will most probably ways to earn cards through other means later.

At least that's my theory.

Also

clJXyIl.png

it's from the Toki Tori dev after I asked about the TT2+ release date. No hard evidence, but definitely corroborating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh wow, I'm sorry?

There are better JRPGs than TLR released since FFVIII, many of which you could play on a PS2 emulator. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne looks gorgeous on PCSX2 and it's a great game to boot.

What's a PS2?

(On a serious note, FFIX has been towards the top of my must-play list since, well, it released. I don't know much about its gameplay elements and design, but I love its visual style!)

What's a PS2?

(On a serious note, FFIX has been towards the top of my must-play list since, well, it released. I don't know much about its gameplay elements and design, but I love its visual style!)

Great game, slow as molasses :(

Hope you'll get your ffix one day (hardy har).

Grief.exe

So can the thread title be changed now? :p

Would rather keep people out who are just here to discuss the Summer Sale date.

As I said, we've speculated it would start on the 11th for a couple weeks now but didn't want to disrupt the thread.

What's a PS2?

Its supposed to be one of the better ones.

Is Shadowrun a good series? Never heard of if but the description and gameplay looks right up my alley. Open ended RPG, with turn based tactical combat, choices and skill trees? That's my kind of game.

Is it open world, like the original Fallouts?

Shadowrun on the SNES was great. It was like a cyberpunk point 'n click that moved around like an RPG. Excellent soundtrack too.

derExperte

Get someone with the steamdb script to look at my inventory, 2 of my 3 mystery cards are the same. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Bought the last one and have a few card sets to craft if needed for some sale badge. I'm ready.

But Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb) passing away really bummed me out, don't think I'll be able to enjoy the sale all that much.

Caerith

Oh wow, I'm sorry?

I hope Atlus a) survives this Index bankruptcy fiasco and b) releases HD ports of all the MegaTen stuff to Steam.

Bought the last one and have a few card sets to craft if needed for some sale badge. I'm ready.

But Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb) passing away really bummed me out, don't think I'll be able to enjoy the sale all that much.

I've been listening to Ryan on a weekly basis since 2002, so I understand your POV

I just don't believe that the current amount of mystery cards will be all there is. There are 700 on the market. If you'd need all 10 for the event, prices would explode and a lot of people would be pissed and not able to participate. There will most probably ways to earn cards through other means later.

I hope you're right!

Grief.exe

damn it!!! a week later I still can't make LP or LP2 to work on W8 ;(

Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2? I'm guessing you have the GFWL version of LP1 and that the DRM is causing problems for both games.

GFWL app isn't updated for windows 8, install it manually http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient

If you get a retail copy of Lost Planet 1, you can activate it on Steam and it does not have GFWL. That is what I did.

Elratauru

Neo Member
Hey Steam GAF! Its my bday today (22, yay! :D ) and I thought I'd give out a few games from my Steam inventory as a thank you for all the memories :)

Happy Birthday dude! I'm the same age (born on May actually) and I welcome you into the 22's :D!

Anyways, on-topic. I already have like 7 Mystery TC's :D! All them have different ID's just in case. Still missing a few ones but I'm not that hurried to get the other ones. I hope something good come out of them, I can't wait for the sale to start :mad: ...

Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2? I'm guessing you have the GFWL version of LP1 and that the DRM is causing problems for both games.

GFWL app isn't updated for windows 8, install it manually http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient

If you get a retail copy of Lost Planet 1, you can activate it on Steam and it does not have GFWL. That is what I did.

So the regular edition of LP1 doesn't have GFWL and the LP1 Colonies Edition has? Pretty backward :|

I already installed that version but both of them keep crashing. when I launch Lost Planet EC Colonies just pops up a black window and inmmediately it crashes displaying a "Lost Planet has stopped working" error windoe :(

W8 x64? Sounds familiar in that case.

What I did to fix another GFWL game not running on the W8x64 box:
Uninstall GFWL - LIVE and GFWL Marketplace
Download the latest GFWL from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
Set compatibility to windows 7 before running as administrator.

Yep, W8 x64, but I already did that with no luck man

I was browsing for a new laptop
Which has the best specs for gaming?

Acer v5 15.6"
- $449.50/699.99
- Windows 8
- Pentium Core i3
- 4-6GB of Ram
- NVIDIA GeForce GT

Toshiba L75D-A7383 17.3"
- $429.99/549.99
- Windows 8