• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
They're not bursting with specs, but i'd say the Dell Inspiron due to the i5.

Turfster

I already installed that version but both of them keep crashing. when I launch Lost Planet EC Colonies just pops up a black window and inmmediately it crashes displaying a "Lost Planet has stopped working" error windoe :(

Yep, W8 x64, but I already did that with no luck man

With the explicit compatibility settings?
I don't know what else to tell you then, sorry.
This is why I hate GFWL.

I already installed that version but both of them keep crashing. when I launch Lost Planet EC Colonies just pops up a black window and inmmediately it crashes displaying a "Lost Planet has stopped working" error windoe :(

Yep, W8 x64, but I already did that with no luck man

I'm almost done downloading this game, unfortunately I don't own Win8. If I however run into the same problems and if I magically fix it, I'll let you know.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
DMC Devil May Cry better be $20 on Steam Sale and Dishonored better be $15

None of them
They're not bursting with specs, but i'd say the Dell Inspiron due to the i5.
None of them.

If you reaaly had to choose. Acer or Dell
Yeah, I'm not looking for a dedicated gaming laptop. Looking for something that I can use for school and home, but this time around I care about gaming. But as long as I can run games like The Forest or Miasmata or even AAA games at just medium settings, I'd be happy. Is that capable with any of those specs?

Grief.exe

More_Badass

If you are looking into PC gaming, you should look into building your own computer.

If it works out for you, this is the best, and cheapest way, to get into the hobby.

You also have your old laptop for general internet use, convenience, and the power to play indie games on the road.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. You don't need to import a retail copy, though, and can instead buy the game from Gamesplanet. IIRC, copies provided by GP actually come with two keys (one intended for SP and another MP) and both will activate on Steam.

Edit: Clarity.
Thanks, you saved me the trouble of posting that. Though I don't really know if both keys work on Steam or not. I thought they did, but some people in the previous thread said they didn't.

If anyone buys it, I'd like them to try removing some of the dashes in it, to leave it like this: XX1XXXX11XXXX1XX-1X

Dawg

I think you can buy a "good" pc at the budget at some of those laptops

With "good", I mean like ten times as powerful as any of those laptops

Some of those laptops cost 799. That's enough for a pretty decent pc that runs everything

Yeah, I'm not looking for a dedicated gaming laptop. Looking for something that I can use for school and home, but this time around I care about gaming. But as long as I can run games like The Forest or Miasmata or even AAA games at just medium settings, I'd be happy. Is that capable with any of those specs?

I bought a latptop 2 years ago for 500€ and is better than those 4. Keep looking for better deals

I think you can buy a "good" pc at the budget at some of those laptops

With "good", I mean like ten times as powerful as any of those laptops

I mean, some of those laptops cost 799. That's enough for a pretty decent pc that runs anything
Need a laptop, not a desktop. I commute between home and school, the local library, vacation.

Like I said, as long as I can do medium or even just low settings on the bigger indie games like The Forest, I'd be satisfied

I guess I should be looking specs, rather than the laptops. I don't know anything about the differences between the different CPUs and GPUs. So I guess the i3 and i5 are the better CPUs for non-gaming laptops?

What about GPUs? AMD or NVIDIA, other?

Grief.exe

I guess I should be looking specs, rather than the laptops. I don't know anything about the differences between the different CPUs and GPUs. So I guess the i3 and i5 are the better CPUs for non-gaming laptops?

What about GPUs? AMD or NVIDIA, other?

It is really a case by case basis, both AMD and Nvidia are solid choices.

The model number really changes everything, and with laptops they are pretty strange.

You would think an 8830 that is available in one of your laptops would be a good choice. In all likelihood, there are probably 400 and 500 series cards that outperform that model.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I have 12 mystery cards but only six uniques. There'll probably be some value in duplicates once the meta game starts, right. Right?

Happy Birthday dude! I'm the same age (born on May actually) and I welcome you into the 22's :D!

Thanks bro! :D #Team22

damn it!!! a week later I still can't make LP or LP2 to work on W8 ;(

I just booted up LP CE and it works fine for me. Win8 64bit here

I was browsing for a new laptop
Which has the best specs for gaming?

Too bad dell doesnt sell those Alienware M11x's anymore in their outlet site, seems perfect for you.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Dishonored was $15 less than 3 weeks ago in a bundle along with other Bethesda game of your choice. It's a shame you missed that.

I didn't miss that bundle actually. I actually didn't need any of those games besides Dishonored though...

Bumhead

Banned
Eugh, They Bleed Pixels has strayed too far from "hard" to "needlessley frustrating" for me.

Some going for that to happen during Chapter 2.

Any particular reason I should keep going? Considering just listing my cards at this point to reclaim some of the already very little I spent on it, which is something at least.

More_Badass

I know you have said that you're not wanting a desktop but have you considered keeping your existing laptop for general, non/limited gaming use and getting a desktop primarily for gaming? Forgive me if this is really not what you are looking to do but you would get far more bang for you buck with a desktop than a laptop so it would be a shame to rule this scenario out of hand.

Unless you buy an actual gaming laptop, don't go in with the expectation you'll be able to play anything other than indie games/2D stuff.
If you want to game on a laptop don't mess around. You'll only be disappointed.

Turfster

Anybody trading mystery cards? I have 2 extras of 27, looking for 21, 22, 25, 26, 28 & 29.
You can add me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BahaFS/

Dammit, I have an extra 27 too of course ;)

Been going through my Steam library looking at possible things to play. Are Rage and Bulletstorm worth downloading?

Bulletstorm is a fun game if you can get past the over the top juvenile humor. (I could and had a blast)
Rage is basically the same 4 maps, except the second time you go through them, you're running them backwards! Oh, and the whole thing is padded with shitty driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom