• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on new Enhanced Steam features this morning. Here's what's coming soon:

dUl7C5N.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh god you are going to make people feel miserable.

jshackles pls stop making me feel bad

That might get people to stop buying games! ;)

Well Enhanced Steam already gives you the total - but I had a lot of people ask if there was a way to tell how much of it was games, in-game purchases, and market transactions so it will now split it out between the 3.

I'm also trying to split it out between games in your account and games you purchased as a gift, but Valve's code doesn't seem to really support that.

Of course, all of this can be turned off in the options.

jshackles

Does this convert the money to USD or does it just add up what I spend and stick a dollar sign in front of it? I'm guessing the latter?

0Bq4WRK.png

The old version was kind of wonky. The new function should automatically detect the currency in which your wallet balance is stored in and display the amount in that currency. Valve stores this currency type with your account and typically won't let you check out in an alternate currency, so it should be much more accurate than before.

Luckily for everyone, Valve also already stores your market purchases (not sales) into your stored currency type. Since the code only tracks your purchases this should be an accurate number.

Well Enhanced Steam already gives you the total - but I had a lot of people ask if there was a way to tell how much of it was games, in-game purchases, and market transactions so it will now split it out between the 3.

I'm also trying to split it out between games in your account and games you purchased as a gift, but Valve's code doesn't seem to really support that.

Of course, all of this can be turned off in the options.

Sounds neat. Maybe total for the day/week would be handy for people on a budget?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have stopped recommending RAGE because people have shit taste and complain about unimportant stuff like pacing.

*spits*

The sad thing is that the player actually has quite a bit of control over the pacing of the game and it can be played pretty much like a linear shooter if you just travel from mission to mission and ignore the sidequests.

Grief.exe

Playing Alan Wake DLC The Writer right now. About to reach the Lighthouse.

I have a feeling Zane is trying to trick me so he can escape the Dark Place

jshackles

If anyone makes purchases in non USD currencies, knows a little about how browser plugins work, and wants to help me test my new functions with their local currency, let me know.

Since it's not something you can change, it's hard to test this function to see if it will work for everyone.

The sad thing is that the player actually has quite a bit of control over the pacing of the game and it can be played pretty much like a linear shooter if you just travel from mission to mission and ignore the sidequests.

This is the truth. Sadly people can't just ignore the totally optional stuff they loathe so much. Bacause torturing yourself to go through 100% of the game regardless of your enjoyment is totally reasonable.

But I guess shooters need useless loot and "funny" "writing" to be enjoyable.

So is Shadowrun Returns worth 17.99? Any chance of a further discount during the Sale?

Will this be a seamless world or is it divided into hub areas? Is it like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, where your actions and choices affect the world and the AI is independent?

(Reason for all the questions is because I only have $38, so I'm trying to get the most of that $$)

Also any other isometric open world games on Steam like the original Fallouts and Shadowrun Returns?

Also:
Any beginner tips for Company of Heroes Opposing Front or the genre in general? I enjoy tactical strategy, but my experience starts with Enemy Unknown and ends with Frozen Synapse. Haven't played a war RTS before.

Turfster

This is the truth. Sadly people can't just ignore the totally optional stuff they loathe so much. Bacause torturing yourself to go through 100% of the game regardless of your enjoyment is totally reasonable.

Doesn't take away the fact that half the levels are just an old one backwards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Doesn't take away the fact that half the levels are just an old one backwards.

You mean the optional sidequests that you aren't forced to do? Yeah.

Total spent: $393.81. Ouch. Thanks a lot...

Haha how is that even remotely embarassing? People are spending that on a PS4 which has a shit launch lineup and 100$ more than that on a Xbone which has even more of a shit launch lineup.

Grief.exe

Haha how is that even remotely embarassing? People are spending that on a PS4 which has a shit launch lineup and 100$ more than that on a Xbone which has even more of a shit launch lineup.

And then factor in that money was spent over a long period of time, rather than in one place.

tylerf

160 dollars spent ( plus about 25 for humble bundles) over three years for 146 games. God I love steam and PC gaming.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't miss that bundle actually. I actually didn't need any of those games besides Dishonored though...
But if you were willing to pay $15 for it, why not get an extra game with it? If you already had a copy of that extra game, you could have always sold it given it away here.

Anustart

I've spent 69.96 in 3 years, woo.

Got:

Arkham City: Free
Bioshock: $5 (Iffy value on that one :/ )
Orange Box $40?
Super Meat Boy: 10 or 15, I forget.
Fallout 3: 20$ I think?

Dunno how my total is $69.96

Well, I just crafted a badge and got a mysterious card. Really wondering what they are gonna do with this or if it'll turn into another coal fiasco...

Also, good lord some speculators react brutally to one buying 4-5 cards and altering the prices, these people are freaking crazy!

Addnan

Yeah, thinking about it. It really isn't that much considering the number of game, but the thing doesn't take into account Amazon, GMG etc!

jshackles

I've spent 69.96 in 3 years, woo.

Got:

Arkham City: Free
Bioshock: $5 (Iffy value on that one :/ )
Orange Box $40?
Super Meat Boy: 10 or 15, I forget.
Fallout 3: 20$ I think?

Dunno how my total is $69.96

You can go through the "Store transactions" tab and manually add up all of the transactions on your account. This should have you arrive at the same number.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

That bungie can only go so fast.

Gbraga

Playing Alan Wake DLC The Writer right now. About to reach the Lighthouse.

I have a feeling Zane is trying to trick me so he can escape the Dark Place

For he did not know that
beyond the lake he called home
Lies a deeper, darker, ocean green
where waves are both wilder and more serene
To its ports I've been, to its ports I've been.

Tomodachi

Neat feature. I'm curious, how is this total calculated? Does it take into account the real price you payed for the game at the time or just the price each game has right now? What about redeemed keys from indie bundles or GMG and such?

Anyway $981.26 spent, in 8 years that doesn't really seem a lot, a bit more than 100$ a year. Actually it's a pretty accurate estimate of what I probably spent.

jshackles

The next version of Enhanced Steam should be dropping either tomorrow or Wednesday. In addition to being able to hide games and showing the breakdown of the total spent, it will also add your wallet balance to the SteamCommunity.com header.

Not sure why Valve decided against showing it there anyway.

Ichu5ho.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom