• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Other than the portable entries every GTA game has been on PC. So I guess it depends on how patient you can be.

I know, but knowing myself, I probably won't be able to wait once the ps3 version hits home :( GTA IV wasn't even that good in the end and I had to have it day one too.

A few weeks I could have waited maybe, but there's still no pc logo so it'll probably be quite a few month once we see GTA V on pc. Too long for me.

Chronoja

Guess we won't be seeing the PC ver until 2014? Blech.

To be honest they'd sort of have to be mad not to release it on PC considering it's launch timing at the end of a generation especially with them looking to have no plans to release on the newer consoles

unless they are, and the pc release will coincide with the "enhanced versions" on the One and PS4, which would be a pretty smart move to double up on the income for a single game.

Who knows, just speculation.

FloatOn

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the GTA 5 ps3 bundle now.

This video kind of sealed the deal for me.

I'll pick up the pc port whenever. I don't think I can wait for this.

eyeless

noticed this too
iWOhUfm.jpg
outlook good

Tomodachi

Kind of unfortunate how quickly PC gaming has "ruined" me. Game looks like great fun but all I can think about is how I'll wait for the PC version (in 2 years, on a sale) for best performance + bells and whistles.
In 2 years I'll double dip and play it all over again on a machine much more powerful than the one I have right now.
I'd rather play it at its best the first time as well, but the gameplay seems too good to just wait. I just hope they don't screw the PS3 version :(

Grief.exe

To be honest they'd sort of have to be mad not to release it on PC considering it's launch timing at the end of a generation especially with them looking to have no plans to release on the newer consoles

unless they are, and the pc release will coincide with the "enhanced versions" on the One and PS4, which would be a pretty smart move to double up on the income for a single game.

Who knows, just speculation.

You just hit the nail on the head.

I have a theory that other publishers have the exact same strategy as Rockstar. Destiny, Division, MGSV are probably all coming to PC, but they are choosing not to announce the port.

Grief.exe

I can sympathize with you guys not being able to wait for the PC version.

There just doesn't seem to be any compelling titles coming out this year.

BF4 looks like they decided to patch the complaints we have had with BF3 since launch. Then are going to charge us $60 for a map pack.

Assassin's Creed IV looks like a joke, but those games don't appeal to me in the slightest. Jase don't hurt me.

Call of Duty is kind of a laughing stock right now. Of course the lowest common denominator will buy it up since the low skill ceiling prevents them from switching to a different game.

Watchdogs and Beyond Two Souls do look interesting. But the former is UPLAY and the latter is PS3 only.

Knurek

I have a theory that other publishers have the exact same strategy as Rockstar. Destiny, Division, MGSV are probably all coming to PC, but they are choosing not to announce the port.

I'm guessing they are waiting on sale reports first. If they are comparable to WiiU levels, expect loads of sudden PC port announcements.

If not, well, GOTY edition year or so later. Not like we don't have backlogs large enough to tidy us through that, right?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In 2 years I'll double dip and play it all over again on a machine much more powerful than the one I have right now.
I'd rather play it at its best the first time as well, but the gameplay seems too good to just wait. I just hope they don't screw the PS3 version :(
To be honest, it's still possible that I'll re-plug my 360 for this when the time comes. I'm certainly curious to know how it will perform on consoles considering how much more ambitious than GTA4 (which I played on the 360 the first time) this one looks when it comes to scope.

FloatOn

BF4 looks like they decided to patch the complaints we have had with BF3 since launch. Then are going to charge us $60 for a map pack.

Assassin's Creed IV looks like a joke, but those games don't appeal to me in the slightest. Jase don't hurt me.

Call of Duty is kind of a laughing stock right now. Of course the lowest common denominator will buy it up since the low skill ceiling prevents them from switching to a different game.

Watchdogs and Beyond Two Souls do look interesting. But the former is UPLAY and the latter is PS3 only.

I can justify my gta 5 buying on console because I've missed the ps3 boat entirely this gen and I have a somewhat decent amount of catching up to do on that console.

All that and I don't have a PC that can run games like BF4, Crysis 3, and all those high demanding games.

If the multiplayer in GTA5 is good, it can be the game that can keep me busy until christmas

I'm guessing they are waiting on sale reports first. If they are comparable to WiiU levels, expect loads of sudden PC port announcements.

If not, well, GOTY edition year or so later. Not like we don't have backlogs large enough to tidy us through that, right?

They know it will sell well for PC, XB1, PS4. They obviously aren't talking about that because they expect many people to double dip eventually.

Overdoziz

Banned

Bad opinion train choo choo

Grief.exe

Ummmm that trailer was not running on console. That was definitely the PC version.

If the console versions have that kind of image quality, I will eat crow. I didn't see any aliasing at all.

I can justify my gta 5 buying on console because I've missed the ps3 boat entirely this gen and I have a somewhat decent amount of catching up to do on that console.

I have missed the boat with the PS3 as well. I've been picking up some of the console's best games on Craigslist for a little while.

Demon Souls, GoW, MGS4, Uncharted series, and Red Dead Redemption with MGS Legacy Collection, Last of Us, and Beyond Two Souls to pick up eventually as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But the setting was best.

I'd have to say that AssCreed 2's renaissance Italy is my favourite of the bunch thus far, but I've always appreciated the fact that the original game succeeds the most at making the player feel like an actual assassin. Sadly, Ubi has a frustrating tendency to address complaints by moving too far in the opposite direction.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ubisoft open world design is terrible.

Where's the sale?

KingKong

I'm kind of surprised they didn't update the Mystery Card artwork yesterday, I was expecting it to change every day until the sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm kind of surprised they didn't update the Mystery Card artwork yesterday, I was expecting it to change every day until the sale

I'm hoping the prices of the foils tank sooner rather than later. I sold one today (which I didn't even realise I had as I simply assumed that foil Mystery Cards dropped when crafting foil badges) for $8, believing that within a few days I'll be able to pick up the 10 I need at <$2 a piece.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Beyond: Two Souls looks like complete trash, just like the rest of his games. You would have to pay me to "play" one.
Beyond: Two Souls has a pretty high skill ceiling though, as it will take every ounce of your being to sit through the interactive movie.

fokkusu

I'd have to say that AssCreed 2's renaissance Italy is my favourite of the bunch thus far, but I've always appreciated the fact that the original game succeeds the most at making the player feel like an actual assassin. Sadly, Ubi has a frustrating tendency to address complaints by moving too far in the opposite direction.

Yes, I agree. But there is just something in the 12th century Holy Land and crusades (even it was horrible times).

derExperte

Ummmm that trailer was not running on console. That was definitely the PC version.

If the console versions have that kind of image quality, I will eat crow. I didn't see any aliasing at all.

Maximize that video or some of the screenshots on your screen and they'll look much less impressive. It still could be faked to some extent but the image quality is very current gen like.

PS. AC2>Broho>AC1>Rev Will never play 3 after I read a few threads here about its terribleness (hope that's a word) but I love pirates. So I won't be able to resist 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom